Mark Merrill, founder of Family First and All Pro Dad - a ministry geared to help men be better fathers, joined us this morning. Mark shared these tips ...
10 Ways to know you are being a good father:
1. When your calendar is full of things to do with your children
2. When you admit when you are wrong and ask your children to forgive you
3. When you take an interest in their friends and know their names
4. When you eat together with your children
5. When you take an interest in what they enjoy doing
6. When you show affection to your wife in front of them
7. When you advocate that they speak to you and each other respectfully
8. When your son or daughter comes running to you when they get hurt
9. When you calmly and gently discipline your children without yelling or screaming
10. When you tuck your children into bed at night and tell them “I love you”
Some cool ideas for Father's Day gifts (courtesy of All Pro Dad's partner site iMom)
What do Dads really want for Father's Day? Well, even more than the dream gifts like boats, cars, and iPhones, they really want their children's love.
To help your children convey their feelings, video them saying why they love their dad; here's a sample video, to give you some ideas. If you prefer lower tech options, have your kids write out their top 10 reasons here, then present them creatively, like this.