A recent CareerBuilder survey found that 29 percent of retailers plan to hire seasonal workers for the holidays, with 30 percent of employers planning to transition some holiday help into full-time, permanent staff.
Want some more good news? Here’s a list of 10 companies hiring:
1. American Management Services Industry: Consulting, sales/marketing, management Sample job titles: Field sales manager, consultant/senior executive analyst, business coordinator
2. Bob Evans Industry: Restaurants Sample job titles: Restaurant assistant manager, marketing intern, GM
3. Cardinal Health Industry: Health-care distribution/supplies Sample job titles: Sales representative, marketing, courier driver, customer service, IT
4. Certified Payment Processing Industry: Finance/banking Sample job titles: Sales, account manager, customer service
5. Cracker Barrel Industry: Restaurant and retail Sample job titles: Restaurant manager, retail manager
6. Family Home Health Services Industry: Health care Sample job titles: Business development managers, nurses
7. Harbor Freight Tools Industry: Retail Sample job titles: Senior financial analyst, manager – store operations, sales associate
8. Reyes Holdings LLC Industry: Transportation Sample job titles: Drivers, warehouse workers, sales account managers, IT, finance
9. The Delta Companies Industry: Health care Sample job titles: Physical therapist, OT
10. Walden Security Industry: Security services provider Sample job titles: Unarmed security officer, EMT/security officer, force protection officer, general manager
Here's a romantic story for you that we just love!
After dating for 17 years, elderly couple gets married.
LEWISTON, Maine — A Maine couple has proven that true love knows no age limits.
Eighty-eight-year-old Paul Walker married his longtime sweetheart, 87-year-old Ann Thayer, in a Lewiston rehabilitation center Tuesday in front of a small group of family and friends. Seated during the ceremony, the two leaned toward each other to kiss not just once but three times after being pronounced husband and wife at the Marshwood Center, where Walker is undergoing rehabilitation. "I don't think I've seen a bride and groom kiss three times," rehab center administrator Sheri Nadell told the Sun Journal newspaper after the ceremony.