Things You Need To Do Before Becoming A Mom
- Enjoy sleep. Nap - It's a luxury that becomes a necessity you never seem to have enough of. Buy nice sheets. Roll around in them. Spend a whole day in bed. The next time you do it, you'll be comforting a feverish, puking child and that's not nearly as enjoyable.
- Drive a fun car - A convertible or a Beetle. Blast music that you love. Soon you'll be driving a minivan and singing along to the Laurie Berkner Band. Even when you're alone in the car.
- Travel with your spouse -
Family vacations are wonderful, but not the same. And finding someone to watch three kids under 5? Impossible.
- Take a shower -
Alone, without faces peeking through.
- Do things spur of the moment -
Jet off somewhere at the last minute, with nothing but the clothes on your back. Have an impromptu adventure. Once you have kids, you'll need to plan everything.
- Spend money on yourself -
Invest in some really great forever items, because once you have kids, the trade-off will not seem worth it. You'll calculate the number of diapers you could buy for the cost of those designer sunglasses. Buy them now and wear them later.
- Go to the bathroom with the door shut -
It will be years before you get to do that again.
- Under-appreciate your parents -
Roll your eyes at them. Question their actions and judgment. Tell them they don't know everything. Once you have kids, you'll have a new-found appreciation for them and discover that they know a lot more than you gave them credit for. Ignorance is bliss.