Bride turned widow at 24 grateful for ‘overwhelming’ support. TODAY
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Burger King vows cage-free chicken and pork. TODAY Now we know where the Burger King guy has been, chasing around chickens.
Facebook partners with anti-virus software makers to provide free computer security. Inside Facebook
18 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son
1. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
2. Use careful aim when going potty. Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.
3. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it some day.
4. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
5. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
6. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but please defend yourself.
7. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
8. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone.
9. Take pride in your appearance.
10. Be strong and tender at the same time.
11. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3am. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
12. "Yes, ma'am" and "Yes, sir" still go a long way.
13. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
14. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
15. Be patriotic.
16. Potty humor isn't the only thing that's humorous.
17. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
18. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
By Amanda Hohenbery
You know it's gonna be a bad day when...