Jun 13 2012

Special Guest Author Gregory W. Slayton

Author of the book Be A Better Dad Today! Gregory W. Slayton is our special guest today.

Why write a "Parenting" book?

10 Tools Every Father Needs

How Wives Can Pray For Their Husbands

Cropped pants give men a leg up on the fashion competition. USA TODAY

What's Your Soap Opera Name? HLN Scott's is Spike Plotz and mine is Roxy Thines...Really?

Paralyzed Teen Fulfills Vow to Walk at High School Graduation. abc NEWS

'Little Darth Vader,' 7: 'I feel strong' facing surgery. TODAY

Why write a "Parenting" book?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jun 12 2012

Faith

In light of the new song, “Forgiveness” by Matthew West, I thought you would think this was cool.

God Simply Wants Us

English teacher behind viral video: 'Kids have to rumble.' US NEWS

Plants can think and perform computations, say scientists. io9

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

The Best and Worst Takeout Choices. Shine from YAHOO!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (1) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jun 11 2012

Renewing Health Commitments

New York City official defends "supersize" drink ban. YAYOO! News

Rich Roll: From fat dad to ultra-fit father. CNN

Boy burned after braving fire to save others. NBC NEWS

Apple Announces iOS 6 with Siri Improvements, Facebook Integration, New Maps App, Passbook for Fall Release. MacRumors

Good Samaritan reunites woman with lost engagement ring. TODAY

Jacqui McCoy Transforms Life on ‘Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition’. abc NEWS

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (2) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Divorce Prevention from Dr. Paul Meier
Aug 17 2010

Divorce Prevention from Dr. Paul Meier

If you are married, you know that it can be a challenge to keep your marriage healthy. Today, Dr. Meier of the Meier Clinics addressed specific steps we can take to guard our marriages against divorce. Read Dr. Meier's tips here: http://www.meierclinics.com/. You can find the complete list, along with scripture references by clicking under "Now on the Air" on the right side of the Meier Clinics home page.

Listen to Dr. Meier here: Segment 1 and Segment 2

8/10/2010 1:36:56 AM
Sandy Decker United States
Sandy Decker
I was just listening to Dr. Paul Meier and missed the scripture about Pride.  Could you share that with me?

Thanks so much
8/10/2010 1:49:15 AM
Brianne United States
Brianne
my dad just got a divorce to my step mom it is very hard please pray for him he needs prayer
8/10/2010 1:51:32 AM
Eva United States
Eva
my husband and i are struggling through rough times that involve past hurts both toward each other and outside of each other.  please pray for us...
8/10/2010 1:52:04 AM
Donnell Thomas United States
Donnell Thomas
What about for People who are currently going through a divorce?? any advice???
8/10/2010 1:53:12 AM
Eron Munoz-Ledo United States
Eron Munoz-Ledo
My sister just found out that her husband is cheating on her. She is moving out and is asking me for advise. She wants a divorce, what advise should I give her? Thank you very much!
8/10/2010 2:00:06 AM
Michael United States
Michael
Two months ago, my wife served divorce papers on me while I was away at work. Besides the embarrassment of my coworkers observing the policemen serving the papers to me, I was hurt very badly... I found it hard to complete to complete those two weeks work. Now that almost two weeks have passed, I find myself in an apartment and away from our two daughters.

Please pray for our family, that Jesus' Grace and Mercy lead all of our family members, especially now that school is beginning again.
8/10/2010 2:16:32 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Please pray for me and my husband i got home Sunday the 15th from a week and half visit with my mom in Pensacola Fl and Sunday night my husband informed me that he wanted a divorce monday we came to an agreement that we would try a one week trial period to work on some things. I am trying very hard to understand why after 3 and half years he all of a sudden isnt happy anymore.We have a 2 year old son and we both come from broken homes so this is not the way i want my son to be raised.
8/10/2010 2:23:37 AM
Krysten Neel United States
Krysten Neel
This made me think of the song "Human" by Natalie Grant. It would be great if you played it!
8/10/2010 7:38:49 AM
Todd United States
Todd
My wife divorced me 3 years ago this October. It's been a very rough road for me since then. It's been an even rougher road for our daughter, who is now 9 and in the 4th grade. I blame the divorce for stealing my daughter's smile and her joy. You can see it in the photographs of her from before the divorce and after the divorce. It's unmistakable!
There's a great ministry out there called DivorceCare. It was very helpful to me. Look it up on the Internet.
My strongest encouragement is for couples to remain married. The grass is not greener on this side of the fence. Believe me!
If you can prevent it… do everything in your power to prevent it. Until it's final you can stop it at any stage of the legal proceedings! Get help! Don't hide! Be bold! It's worth it!
8/10/2010 2:00:10 PM
Mary United States
Mary
My husband and I have been struggling in our marriage, when recently we went to a friend of ours wedding. The minster's homily touched us, "couples that pray together have a lower divorce rate than those to don't make God the center of their marriage." Ever since before we go to bed at night, we thank God for everything he has done in our life and for each other. The bigger problems we were facing didn't seem so larger anyone. Since with God, anything is possible.
8/10/2010 2:22:54 PM
Heather United States
Heather
Its so heart braking that divorce is growing bigger every year!
8/10/2010 8:54:56 PM
Rachel Smith United States
Rachel Smith
My husband and I went thru some really hard times several years ago. And I called a good friend of mine to ask them to pray for us. I didn't know what else to do or where to go. My friend ended up using tough love and kept asking me what I wanted! In the natural it seemed all but over. After them asking what I wanted I cried out "I want a miracle!" I had prayed all I knew to pray, I had begged, pleaded, and cried till my eyes were dry. I ran outside and began to ask for a miracle...All the sudden thru my tears I felt a worship song well up within me. And under that setting sun I believe I recieved my miracle for our marriage! It is so much more than I could have imagined! Not to say we don't still have our moments...LOL! I praise God for saving my marriage that day and increasing our love for eachother. It can happen to anyone out there! There is healing and freedom in worshiping our Savior! Be blessed!
Rachel
8/10/2010 9:16:19 PM
Terresa United States
Terresa
My husband and I have been married for 21 years. We are both almost 50 years old.  He began drinking and partying about 3 years ago with a group of guys around 25 years old.  Things have got worse in the last month and I have found out other things he is doing.  I plan to get a divorce. I truly need your prayers.
8/10/2010 9:17:44 PM
carole United States
carole
My granddaughter (26) and her husband (25)have been talking about divorce.  They are both having a very hard time.  He says he doesn't love her anymore.  They do not know the Lord.  They have a three year old boy and he is suffering through all of this.  My granddaughter doesn't want a divorce.  Please pray for the Lord to intervine. They are wonderful people.
Thanks for you prayers.  Blessings....
8/10/2010 10:12:26 PM
Carole Ann United States
Carole Ann
I am praying for all these comments.  God IS STRONGER and BIGGER than any of our circumstances.  He is the remedy to all wounds.  He tells us to cry out to Him, to ask Him to come through for us.  He alone can save.  GO GOD!  Do what YOU are able to do!  Praying believing, with faith!
8/11/2010 3:33:54 AM
Beau Burnham United States
Beau Burnham
My wife and I are in bad shape with our marriage, due to mistakes that I have made in the past. The bottom line is God was not the center of my life, my marriage, or my family. God used our marriage problems to bring me back to Him. And for that I am thankful. Now I have rededicated my life to Christ and running to Him with all my might! My marriage is still on the rocks but I have God with me and I see that He is working in my life and our marriage.  A pastor at my church told me that he was encouraged years ago to pray with his wife daily and he strides to do that. One thing the I have learned is that no matter what, YOUR MARRIAGE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR!!! I will pray for all marriages and I ask that you pray for my marriage and my wife's breaken heart. Please put God in the center of your entire life! God bless you all! Oh and I love KLove! Thanks for what you do!
8/11/2010 2:38:07 PM
Adam United States
Adam
What was the verse he quoted saying "be an example"?  1 Peter I think?
8/13/2010 2:28:33 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
The other day i posted for prayer for my marriage yesterday my husband's uncle came by and i just lost it, he had no idea what was going on and and i don't know what he said but my husband called me when he left school and was on his way to work and told me that he had thought long and hard that morning and had changed his mind and wanted to work it out, he also agreed to conseluing and last night at church our wed night young people group our leader started a series on The Fruits of the Spirit and last night he started with Love afterwards my husband looked at me and said the lesson was for us. Its gonna be a hard road but I think that with the prayers of our friends we will make it through this hard time, our group leader told us that God didnt need to intervene in our marriage he needed to invade it and i believe that! Please continue praying for us.
8/14/2010 5:25:05 AM
Kervie United States
Kervie
How come segment 1 just lasts for a few seconds?
8/19/2010 11:01:45 AM
Kathleen B. United States
Kathleen B.
Even before divorce....find a group in your area called Divorcecare.org

They even have it for kids and have kidcare called AWANAS
8/20/2010 12:48:30 PM
Todd United States
Todd
I totally agree with Kathleen. People need to go through the entire 13-week DivorceCare curriculum BEFORE getting a divorce. I'm sure it will shock some people into working harder to save their marriage.
My marriage ended 3 years ago. Six months after it ended I found a DivorceCare ministry through a local church. It's invaluable. Nevertheless, I can't encourage church staff — pastors, counselors, etc. — enough to also go through the curriculum so they can more effectively counsel people considering or going through divorce.
As for praying for a miracle, I did that and my wife still left me.