Jul 28 2011

Mark Hall on the show today

Mark Hall from Casting Crowns was on the show today, but in case you missed it, check out the audio below:

Mark's prayer for fathers:

The story behind his song "Courageous" and using it in the upcoming film of the same name:

Mark on his adopted daughter Hope:

Listen to the whole interview

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/28/2011 5:25:33 PM
Darlene United States
Darlene
All of the incredibly beautiful songs from Casting Crowns are so uplifting and stirs my very soul. My favorites: Until the Whole World Hears,Praise You In This Storm, Glorious Day, East To West, Voice Of Truth and Who Am I. Thank you so much for this wonderful music.

Darlene
7/28/2011 5:44:54 PM
Stan Fleming United States
Stan Fleming
We were able to attend a concert by Casting Crowns in Manassas, VA, several years ago.  My young daughter asked me, "where does their name come from"?  I suggested we email and ask.  So I sent Mark an email.  The next morning, Mark had responded and I read that email to my daughter.  She was stunned.  She couldn't believe that the lead singer of her favorite group had personally  responded to that email.  For Mark, thanks!  For all of Casting Crowns, thank you for the ministry your provide, the care you take with all those young and old who interact with you, and the life changing moments you give to parents like me who create those wow moments for their kids because of people like you!
7/28/2011 5:55:02 PM
Lynn United States
Lynn
Hi Mark.  I don't know if you got an email that I sent to you about 1 year ago.  I wrote to tell you how personally impacting the song "Praise You in this Storm" has been in my life.  On the night of March 8, 2010 my husband and I and our two biological children were suddenly and forcefully deported from our work at a children's home in Morocco.  We had to leave our two small foster children (1 and 2 years old) as well as our home and belongings.  Not only was it the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was also during the most intense and longest rainstorm that I have ever experienced.  I know that many people have been blessed through this song, but for us it was like every single word described each moment of that 5 hour bus ride away from our boys and work at the children's home (in a down-pour the whole way).  Thank you for your music, your witness for Christ, and your encouragement to believers in the hardest seasons of life.  Lynn Padilla
7/28/2011 6:10:24 PM
Gisela United States
Gisela
Hey I just have a ? about the movie you guys were discussing I caught the tail end and didnt catch the name. It sounded like one I would like to watch with my husband who struggle with being the man God has called him to be.  please foward the name and thank you all for being such a blessing to so many of us. God bless you!
7/28/2011 6:46:15 PM
Rozina United States
Rozina
Are you going to have a clip of his visit to the show today, loved him talking about people with tattoos getting "shuned" and how we should look at the inside not the outside of people!
7/28/2011 9:14:36 PM
Lisa Jo Colwell United States
Lisa Jo Colwell
I really appreciate my favorite song, Glorious Day, and Until The Whole World Hears, song and complete c.d.  May God bless people through Come To The Well, and of course the hit, Courageous.  Keep humble, so you  will not stumble. Good job! God bless the band and all of your families!
7/29/2011 6:11:58 AM
Heather United States
Heather
Thank you for serving. Is it possible to obtain a recording of yesterday's show and the conversations with Casting Crown? I believe there are words I need to rehear. Thank you
7/29/2011 7:50:00 AM
Kathleen United States
Kathleen
God bless Casting Crowns and the work they are doing in their community and around the world. There was such power in the words Mark said about the story at the well. Will the recording of the discussion be available for me to hear again?
8/1/2011 2:55:33 PM
Marcia United States
Marcia
I am so stoked about Courageous!!! Sherwood Pictures's movies are the best!
8/4/2011 8:07:55 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/5/2011 6:01:30 AM
Kay United States
Kay
I was so happy to hear that I could write you through K-Love.  I lost my husband to a massive heart attack a little over a year and a half ago.  As you can imagine, I felt lost, but never lost my faith in God for His tremendous strength and peace.  About four months after Joe passed away, I heard a song on K-Love while driving to work one morning.  I was sobbing by the time I made it to work, but didn't hear who the song was by, and the only words I could remember were "and it's still raining."  I asked everyone I knew and no one had any idea.  I felt this tug on my heart to keep searching for that song and the artist.  I thank God for the spirit of rememberance, because I realized that a friend of mine had emailed me the lyrics to a song the day after Joe died.  Something made me find that email and read it, it was "Praise Him in This Storm".  I can't explain how I felt, God's tremendous peace over me.  I think God was trying to give me this song right after Joe's death, but left it to my will to read it when I could.  Four months later I was searching for that song, and there is was, all the time, just like JESUS, always right on time.  Thank you for "my song", it took a while for it to find me, but it did.  PRAISE GOD!