Jan 17 2012

Knit Pray Love

Thanks for joining KLOVE + CURE to show love to children and families in Afghanistan and throughout CURE’s network of hospitals by knitting.

CURE Knit Pray Love from CURE Video on Vimeo.

Please join us in prayer for Aaron Shust and his son Michael Aaron, read his new blog post called Beautiful Aftershock.

Kelli is frightened by snakes. I am is grossed out by rats. What about you? What creeps you out? Why? Tell us here or on our Facebook Page.

The rat race is on to find New York City subway's 'nastiest' rodent. The Observers

Oops! Passengers erroneously told was about to crash. msnbc

Nine Companies That Are Hiring in 2012. abc NEWS

Homeless Science Whiz, Samantha Garvey, Invited To State Of Union. Huffington Post

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (19) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/17/2012 2:24:05 PM
Perry Windecker United States
Perry Windecker
In relation to this have you ever read the book "Three Cups of Tee one mans mission to fight terrorism and build nations one school at a time" Ya a long title but what a powerful message, I am only three chapters into it but here is a run down. The book is about Greg Mortenson an American mountaineer that failed at his attempt to clime K2 in Pakistan, rescues another man in their party, gets lost and almost dies on his way down the mountain. But he is saved and taken in by a local village. He was so taken with the people of this village and the need of the children for a school that he promises to build them one…that’s as far as I got so far but evidently he does and much more after all they even wrote a book about it.
1/17/2012 2:27:59 PM
Nadya United States
Nadya
I just learned to knit and I know how to make a scarf, and i cant wait to learn how to make a babies hat and afghan so i can send them to Afghanistan!    Thank you so much for sharing this!  Smile
1/17/2012 6:49:25 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I would love to participate, but I know how and like to crochet. Is that ok to make some blankets and send them in?
1/17/2012 6:51:12 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I would like to participate but I know how to crochet and prefer that. Can I crochet blankets instead of knit?
1/17/2012 7:07:08 PM
kirsten United States
kirsten
I can crochet too. Is that ok? And where do we send them to? Is there more info on this?
1/17/2012 10:22:57 PM
claire United States
claire
there was a quote or verse that you guy said today around 3:00-4:30(eastern time). The quote had to do with forgetting your possessions and positions and focusing on the lord. I was wondering and would be most pleased if yall would give me that quote and where it is from. Thank you so much.
1/18/2012 4:40:40 PM
Teri Wilson United States
Teri Wilson
I am totally doing this! Two hats completed so far. Thank you so much for sharing.
1/19/2012 7:20:08 AM
doris mcafee United States
doris mcafee
how do i do this and where do i send the hats?
1/19/2012 12:34:06 PM
Marti United States
Marti
If you want more info, click on the CURE link.  It's right after "Thanks for joining KLOVE..."

I don't know how to knit, but I can crochet.  I clicked the link to see if I could find information about crocheted items and, unfortunately, the site says that crocheted items aren't appropriate for the colders months.  We all know how those loops and holes can let in a draft sometimes, right? :o)  Those that crochet are asked to send personal notes of enouragement instead.

Maybe it's time I branched out and learned to knit!?!  What's one more crafty feather in my cap? :o)
1/19/2012 12:42:56 PM
Amariah Garcia United States
Amariah Garcia
I'm not to good at knitting... I know how to crochet better then i know how to knit. Can i crochet hats and blankets... would that be okay? Or do they have to be knitted?
1/20/2012 5:00:27 AM
Debbie White United States
Debbie White
I have tried several times and cannot get the knitting down, could I send crocheted hats and/or blankets?
1/20/2012 5:03:19 AM
Debbie White United States
Debbie White
OK, I should have read the other comments before I made my own. Where is the link to learn how to knit, surely if Scott can do it I can!!
1/20/2012 7:14:58 AM
Tina United States
Tina
I am going to give it a try. I'm also hoping to get a few ladies at my church involved.  What is the deal with the blankets?  Are they only for the babies or mothers too?  Can they be crocheted?  I didn't see any mention of blankets on the website.  Meanwhile, I'll work on the hats.  Thank you for including us in this oppotunity.
1/20/2012 8:28:18 AM
Dawn United States
Dawn
I would love to help make hats and blankets. Can you please email me the address that I send them to when they are finished? When do you need them? I will be praying for your trip and the ministry that you and your team will be doing while you are there.
Blessings!
1/20/2012 9:11:14 AM
Katie Yankey United States
Katie Yankey
Looks like I have the same question as everyone else.  I would love to participate but I only know how to crochet.  Can we send crocheted items?
1/21/2012 1:07:45 PM
kathy United States
kathy
I can crochet or even quilt. Will either be okay?
1/24/2012 11:23:58 AM
Nicole United States
Nicole
Hi all,

I can't knit with needles but I do have looms I knit from and it's not hard, I promise. One of my looms even came with a pattern for a hat.  I plan to knit some items for this with the looms.  I hope this helps.  Smile
1/24/2012 1:29:34 PM
Brenda Felner United States
Brenda Felner
I would love to help with this project.  I am just finishing with a project to knit hats for Russia.  I saw a comment about the looms.  The Knifty Knitter looms sold at many stores, including Wallmart, it an  awesome tool.  No patterns to follow, no stitches to count and it is such a quick and easy way to make beautiful knit hats for all sizes, from preemie to large hats for adults.  I have been making them for hospitals and other needs that present themselves to me.  I love to knit them.  I find it very therapeutic and relaxing and exciting to see how beautiful they come out.  They can be such a blessing.  I just love doing it.
1/26/2012 3:16:43 PM
Sterling United States
Sterling
Where do I send the knitted hats to and whats the dead line?