Dec 16 2014

"Chocolate Bar" Book Raises $1 Million to Help Cure Friend's Illness

No Joke: Angelina Jolie's Chickenpox Can Be Serious for Adults

5 Smart Picks at the Mall Food Court

See a Hero Tortoise Help a Friend Get Back on Its Feet

In Other News...

Take a Look at Instagram's 5 New Filters

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Dec 15 2014

Christmas Matters For you

No Reindeer Needed: How To Ship Your Gifts On Time

In Other News...

Tom Gubitosi Plays "Santa" To More than 200 Long Island Children

Frozen Director to Parents: I'm Sorry for Let it Go

Christmas matters for you

It’s amazing, isn’t it, how much extra baggage has been piled onto the stories of Christmas? Singers can put out a “Christmas” album and never once mention the baby in the manger. Somehow you can make a whole season out of mistletoe, Yule logs, Frosty, Rudolph, and chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

Santa Claus can’t do a thing for you because he’s just part of the myth. The only way that the “holiday” will be a holy day for you is if you center your thoughts on the incredible truth that the second person of the Trinity, God from God and Light from Light, thought enough of you to become fully human, just like you.

Here is why Christmas matters: “Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death” (Hebrews 2:14,15). Imagine that. He needed a human body so it could be nailed to a cross. He needed human blood so it could be poured out as a sin offering for the world. For you.

And it all started in Bethlehem. What can you say to that but “glory to God in the highest!”

Dec 12 2014
Hidden Talents
Mar 28 2012

Hidden Talents

What hidden talents does your kid have?

Suze Orman: 5 tax tips you need to know. TODAY

Adrian Vasquez, Teen Hotel Worker, Survives Nearly A Month Adrift At Sea After Fishing Trip. Huffington Post

Subdued JetBlue pilot is 'consummate professional.' USA TODAY

Amid chaos of uprising, crime wave hits Syria. TODAY

400 women held in Afghanistan for 'moral crimes' such as fleeing domestic abuse. msnbc

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/28/2012 1:38:01 PM
Christi United States
Christi
Did you see the one of the 2 year old doing the Jive ? It's on youtube.
3/28/2012 1:53:18 PM
Jody United States
Jody
When my 3 kids were much younger, they are all in their 20's now, we celebrated the indoor Olympics with a belching contest. I graded them on depth, volume,and imagination of the presentation. Any physical evidence automatically disqualified them. In the summer for the Olympics we held a watermelon seed spitting contest. I placed a sheet in the yard with a target painted on it and we stood on the porch. I judged them for distance and accuracy. We shared many laughs then and good memories now.
3/28/2012 1:53:53 PM
Nola United States
Nola
That is so awesome, my grandson is (pardon me for a sec 'chemo brain' lol) 8 (?) and when he was quite small about 3 or 4 yrs old he loved to draw. I myself am an amateur artist so naturally i was excited when my son told me and i expected 'child-like' drawings...he surpassed that by a mile! He loves spiderman, batman etc and he draws them very lifelike and has since that age and now even draws everything by just looking at it, the way we are supposed to be taught to do...and that is how he keeps his journal, yes my grandchildren have daily journals and he draws out his.
3/28/2012 2:06:51 PM
Judy McBay United States
Judy McBay
Hey Scott Just wanted to let you know that my son who is now 32 years old had the hidden talents of drawing and writing poems that I never knew he had until he was incarcerated last year.  He started drawing pictures and writing poems to his wife and 2 boys and me of course.  Please pray for him and his family.  His wife is actually his ex-wife but they were together and she acted toward him like she was going to wait for him but lately has been doing things she shouldn't. She has an addiction problem and has gone from meth to drinking now so please, please pray for them.  I know it is Gods will for them to be together as a family but only if they follow God and do as he wants them to do.  I would like to write to the gentleman that was on the radio yesterday that was going to jump off a bridge. If it would be okay that is. So please if u would give him my name and my address which is 417 Talisman St., Hot Springs, AR 71901 and if he wants to write me then I can write him back. I think it would be good for him to write my son while he is in prison if he would.  Thank you and I love all you guys at KLOVE I don't know what I would do with out that station!
3/28/2012 3:03:23 PM
Misty Sheidler United States
Misty Sheidler
I don't have children of my own but I watch my friends children once a week while they do mission work.  Their oldest child is 4 yrs old and loves to make masks of super heroes like batman.  He made batman for himself then wanted to make masks for his sisters.  I watched with amazement at how he colored on plain paper and cut it out.  All he needed my help for was making it the right size and fitting it to the back.  I'm amazed at his ability at such a young age.  He also enjoys writing stories the last story I read of his was about a bear in a cave.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
3/28/2012 3:09:20 PM
Matthew United States
Matthew
I kind of cringed when you referenced Suze Orman. Even though she has might have some good good tax tips, her worldview is diametrically opposed to Christian, biblical truth. She is an avowed homosexual who married another woman in 2010. Suze has also stated she favors the socialist principles of the Democratic Party. Dave Ramsey would have been a much better financial advisor to promote on KLOVE. Other than this slip, I have been a faithful listener and supporter of KLOVE. Thank you.
3/28/2012 3:27:15 PM
Steven United States
Steven
Hidden talents that bust out?  My daughter is an incredible student.  Studies hard, gets good grades.  Not sure where that came from.
3/28/2012 3:30:02 PM
Pat Hays United States
Pat Hays
My son is double-jointed.  He can stand facing you and turn both of his feet completely around so that the toes are facing in the opposite direction.  Now, that's a talent. He's a 5th grader and wants to do it for the talent show.
3/28/2012 6:47:43 PM
Grace United States
Grace
My parents are always telling me I have a hidden talent for singing. I think my mom has a video of me singing the Star Spangled Banner.