Sep 23 2011

Free To Be Happy

I don’t know about your mom, but mine is always right.

My typical routine at night is after the kids go to sleep I call friends and family so I don’t feel alone.

Last night, I called mom, and had one of those long talks.  As we were about to hang up, she out of the blue says…“You know Amanda, you are free to be happy.”

I cried.  She reminded me that I made it through a valley recently.  I may have little things to complain about at the end of the day.  I may be tired, a little lonely and my kids may be “spirited”, but I have the choice to be happy.  You do too.

We are all free to be happy.

I am reminded every day about that life I want to lead by my baby girl, Zoe Grace.  She’s the third, I call her my “Exclamation Point!”  She’s a bold red head full of life.

Her first name, Zoe, means Abundant Life.  Her middle name, Grace, means Unmerited Favor.

I want that Abundant Life that God has planned for us.  It’s a choice you can make everyday, not to dwell on the bad stuff.  You are free to be happy!  So smile!

At the end of the week we all have things we can complain about.  Tell me what you have to be happy about.

For King & Country and Humpty Dumpty

Had a great time with the guys from the new band, "For King & Country" today in the studio!  They are most known for being Christian artist, Rebecca St. James', little brothers.  Now they are trying to make a name for themselves, and they did so because of "Humpty Dumpty". Seriously, that story inspired their band name, and their new song, "Busted Heart."  Listen to the full interview to find out what "Humpty Dumpty" has to do with it!  If you're looking for the book that a lister called about it's here: May I see the King? by Julie Daubenspeck.

For King & Country Interview

Rebecca St. James little brothers

Band Naming 101

"Busted Heart"

Behind the Scenes with For King & Country...

9/23/2011 11:16:53 AM
Adri Taylor-White United States
Adri Taylor-White
"Free to be happy".

My husband and I desperately want to build our family through adoption.  In August we were told we had a match.  In September, after the baby was due, we were told the match had failed.  It's been a struggle for us to let go of the sadness and grief.  Today, we're going to focus on the fact that we're "free to be happy".  Thanks for sharing your story and helping to shift our focus.
9/23/2011 11:20:53 AM
Vickie United States
Vickie
If you want to see real JOY, look up a blog for Gitzen Girl, her theme is "Choose Joy" and with all she has gone through, I know that I should be able to Choose Joy if she can. I just found her blog, and it is so inspirational.  She is very nearly in Jesus's arms, and she continues to inspire. I am hoping they make a book of her blogposts. I would buy 10 copies!!
9/23/2011 11:25:23 AM
Amanda Bermea United States
Amanda Bermea
"Free this Pain"
Here lately I feel like everything i do to try to get up from lifes curve balls and darts just isnt working. I feel like i fail God more and more everyday, and sometimes it is hard to see that i have already been forgive. All i need to do is get up and push forward, he will give me just what i need!! I will not let my self feel this pain any longer, I want to free it!! Through his blood i am healed!!
9/23/2011 11:59:05 AM
Alena Crepea United States
Alena Crepea
I just wanted to say that you're an amazing woman and I really admire you. I'm very thankful that I can tune in to KLOVE and hear all of the encouraging things that you have to say. I'm 18 and I have a 2 year old son, and KLOVE has been there every step of the way, through the process of placing him for adoption, through depression, through tough times at home, KLOVE has allowed God to be there when otherwise I wouldn't have gone to Him at all. I'm relatively new to Christianity and hearing the stories that you tell about your kids and about yourself is inspiring. You're beautiful and you're a wonderful mother. I look up to you. The fact that you're on KLOVE is a reason for me to be happy. I don't even know you but you've helped me so much.
9/23/2011 12:07:13 PM
Kensy United States
Kensy
Thank you SO much for posting the for King & Country video. These guys are so special. I have known about them for a few years and I am grateful that the world is finally being introduced to them. Joel & Luke are so encouraging and they have a unique and positive message that needs to be heard! I hope everyone will go and download their amazing EP that hasn't already!
9/24/2011 9:21:59 AM