Oct 03 2011

The Best is Yet to Come

I don't know about you, but I can get consumed in worrying and fretting about the future.  Laying awake at night worrying.

“Will I have enough saved to send my kids to college?

Am I doing the best for my children?

Will I have a companion to spend life with?”

What is the purpose of worrying about tomorrow?

God tells us to have "faith like a child."  Matthew 18:3 "Truly I say to you, Unless You turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens."

But, what does that mean for us, today?

All my children understand is NOW.  Not yesterday or tomorrow, but TODAY.  Their biggest concern is will they get to play with a friend TODAY?  Will they get cookie dough ice cream after dinner TONIGHT?  There's no worrying about tomorrow, just living for TODAY.

Oh I get it!  Don't look towards the future; we don’t know what it holds.  Instead look to our past to see God's fingerprints.  Then you will know He will provide for you tomorrow.

Over this past year, I waited on God, I felt Him telling me to "Be Still" until he told me "it's time to move."  So, I moved, started fresh in life, moved from the east coast to the west coast, and started my dream job.  So now what, I wonder.  What's next God?  What now?

My children don't think like that.

They were embracing our move with reckless abandon.  Happy.  Healthy. Looking forward to an adventure.  I was scared to death and trying desperately trying to hide it.

As I look back I see God's fingerprints all over my life.  God put me in this beautiful neighborhood with beautiful supportive friends so I would be safe when my life fell apart.   He knew.  Now that I look back, everything makes so much sense. He provided a safety net.  There's no way I could have planned for that.

Live in the NOW, be thankful for the past, and don’t worry about your future.

Tell me what moments in your life can you see God's fingerprints on?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/3/2011 10:16:33 AM
ALissa United States
ALissa
Amanda

Thanks so much for this post exactly what I needed at exactly the right time.
10/3/2011 11:01:56 AM
GAbi United States
GAbi
I'm going through so much in this time of my life and I'm so worried about tomorrow... Where is my faith?
I've been unhappy for a fews years and I don't take the right decision because I fear the future.
I see God through yoour words, yes, TODAY is the most important day of my life and God is with me. How can't I see that?
After reading your post I felt this strong desire of praying for you asking God to bless you and your kids much more than He had done. Abundance  of hapiness and peace come upon you. Amen

“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (jonh 7:37b-38)
10/3/2011 12:55:57 PM
Cherry United States
Cherry
Hi Amanda,

The very first time I heard you on k-love was the day you shared the story about finding a new place of worship since you and your children had relocated, and it was then and there I felt a connection with you. I am not a parent, but you voice has a genuine-ness and this may sound strange but when you speak I hear Christ in you. Be encouraged my sister and know that every thing that concerns you concerns HIM (God) praying for you and your children.
10/3/2011 7:23:10 PM
Erica United States
Erica
I have seen God's footprints in my life when I decided to leave my fiance'. I did not have any $ or a place to live, those obstacles almost prevented me from moving & going thru with it. That was until I applied for an apartment (which a co-worker gave me the $ for the application) and was approved the same day with no money down & it was going to be ready to move in during the week that I was expecting my refund check from school. I had never had an apartment and to me the fact that everything was happening smoothly for me, I realized that was God pushing me to go through with it and I did. I am so grateful with His guidance, grace, and  mercy. I am more happier now, safe, & in a better situation than before.
10/4/2011 9:14:36 AM
Corina Molina United States
Corina Molina
Amanda about i would say 20 mins ago u read sumthing in psalms and i didnt catch it all but really want to know which psalms it was could u please help me!!
10/5/2011 9:24:05 AM
Holly United States
Holly
I just pledged $5 a month because K-love has been such a blessing in my life! As I begin college, there have been many times I become overwhelmed with it all, but then a song will come on like "get back up again" and it's all I can do not to burst into tears knowing that God hears and answers! So now I feel so blessed to be able to say "I'M K-LOVE"
10/5/2011 10:06:57 AM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Hi Amanda,

God Bless You!  Please know that you are so appreciated.  I am so encouraged each day by your sweetness and through your love for the Lord, it is just so awesome.  My heart breaks for you, please know that I think of you on a daily basis and offer up prayers for you and your children.  I know through your testimony that God is walking with you through this extrememly difficult trial and I believe that God will continue to have many wonderful things in store for you. Hold on Amanda and keep leaning on Him.

Is. 43:2
10/5/2011 11:57:44 AM
brutinema robinson United States
brutinema robinson
can you come to our school on thursday for fca please.
10/5/2011 5:43:27 PM
Stefani United States
Stefani
You asked, when can I see the fingerprints.  I see many in the past, but I see many right now in the near past and in the 'here and now'.

Things are really rough and I do not have anyone yet to help me scriptually through this, but when I listen to K-Love I feel closer to God than almost anywhere else.  There's a local Waffle House I go to often and it's my gift from God, my sanctuary.  Of all the places.

I'm looking for a church right now and trying to be patient, but I'm aching to get this emotional/physical weight off my shoulders.  So any moment I can laugh, anymoment I can truly smile, that's God.  Any song that moves me and makes me feel God's presance, that's God too, telling me 'I'm here and haven't left'.

Thank you for your bio/post It's exactly what I needed and will try to remember/keep with me.
10/6/2011 9:40:15 PM
Priscilla United States
Priscilla
You asked the question what moments in your life can you see God’s fingerprints and I have to refer to a very recent one on March 20, 2011 I gave birth to a handsome little boy. See there’s something that needs to be said I’m a very organized, controlling person I plan eveything in advance. Well in January 2010 I decided to have a tubal ligation after coming to terms that having a son was not going to happen after having two beautiful daughters. So you can imagine on March 20, 2011 after going into the hospital due to not feeling well and was told I was in labor WAS A SHOCK! See my tubes had been tied for quite some time already and I didn’t gain weight, normal monthly visits from mother nature everything.

Well after the test were done in the hospital that day and I was in full labor baby was measuring at me being only 32 weeks along with no pre natal care as you can imagine the doctors were shocked as well. I ended up having an emergency c-section and gave birth to a boy which I have dreamed about all my life except this was so unexpected and clearly not planned very prevented and I had no control of this except GOD. My son was hospitalized for a few weeks due to he was premature and the whole time he was in the hospital I had to put all my faith in God and realized I had no control over this that this was all planned by God, he knew my heart and created a miracle even after I had a surgical procedure that says you can not have any more kids. During my c-section for insurance purposes the doctors had to take pictures of my tubes to show that they are still tied and said “God created this miracle.”  God had and still has his fingerprints over me.
10/6/2011 11:16:29 PM
Al Robbins United States
Al Robbins
Please, please, please, KLOVE, continue with all the music you play. This single father has found nothingin the church to provide support for single fathers.  But KLOVE, although you have never mentioned single fathers in particular, has provided so much encouragement in the songs you played.  Please continue. Being a single father, it has been almost impossible to continue forward, but please know, that playing Chris August's song 7 times 70, Jamie Grace's song Hold Me and Francesca's song Motion of Mercy has changed a life.  Please, if you are able to do so, please, donate to KLOVE.  By following God's will, they have a change a life forever.
10/10/2011 9:09:02 AM
Kelli United States
Kelli
Amanda..how long is the fund raising and what is the total goal?   What is it today Monday 10/10?

Thanks for being such a blessing to me.  I live in MA and we don't have a KLove station close to me so I listen during the day at work online.
10/11/2011 7:36:15 PM