Oct 25 2011

When a man, loves a woman. When God, loves you.

Maybe you heard about that earthquake in Turkey over the weekend, a 7.2.  They say 264 people so far have lost their lives and there is still a frantic search effort.

One man in love with his fiancé has spent 18 hours straight looking for his love in the rubble.  His 25 year old fiancé Gul, is a teacher, she was eating at a restaurant when the earthquake struck.

As soon as it happened, Eryasar, tried to reach his love, but when he couldn’t he knew she was in trouble.  He rushed to find her.  He became an investigator, interviewing her friends and colleagues and learned where she had gone out to lunch that day when the quake hit.

Finding the restaurant in the dark, he shouted out her name and persuaded one of the rescue teams to help him start digging through the rubble.

He said, “All I want is for her to live, I don’t care if she is injured or not, It doesn’t matter, I just want her alive.”

After 18 hours of digging and calling out her name, he got his wish.  He found her alive and rode in the ambulance with her to the hospital.

Now that is love.   I imagine that’s what God does for us when we stray from Him.  The bible says He leaves the 99 to go after the 1 lost sheep.  Maybe he cries out your name,  and digs for you, but doesn’t care how damaged you are.  He loves you, just the way you are!

Story here: Fiance saves woman from beneath quake's rubble TODAY.com

10/25/2011 8:17:11 AM
JRoAnne Bergman United States
JRoAnne Bergman
When my husband died the craziest things kept popping into my mind! I can buy FLAVORED coffee!! I don't have to cook a large meal every nigh, I can eat what I want when I want. I miss him terribly but, like you, I've found little 'pleasures' in being alone. TV control being one of them, although I DO watch sports, a lot and usually record the other shows I want to watch for another time! lOL  I was divorced 3 times, had the 'gay divorcee' part down pat! This is my first time as a widow and it's much more devastating. God chose this man for me and I had a wonderful 10 years. At 71 I'd still like to find a companion, but I'm not looking. God knows what's best for me and if it's getting used to lonliness so be it. K-Love gets me through each day now. My five children are all over the country, my grandkids, and great grandkids, are also far away and have their own lives to live now. Your stories bring back so many memories for me, Amanda, and they were wonderful times. The best, and sometimes the worst, times of my life were when my kids were growing up. It was fun!
hugs and blessings,
RO
10/25/2011 9:58:00 AM
courtney dunkin United States
courtney dunkin
I really enjoy your show. I can relate to the single mom thing and when you share it just reminds me that there are Christian women out there who are there with me and understand where I am at. I am in a small Church and sometimes I feel that because I am divorced and have a 9 year old whose a little bit challenging, people can be a little less friendly. Mark, from Casting Crowns puts it real well in his music video of the young girl who they don't notice and just walk buy. Does anybody see her I think it is called. I feel like I am on the outside looking in? and I know Christ wants me dwelling on the inside, what can I do?
10/25/2011 10:31:58 AM
valerie fox-gamble United States
valerie fox-gamble
Amanda, Thank you so much for all that you just said about bullying...you put it all so well. I am 52 years old have raised 5 children, the last 10 of those years as a single momma just like you...The amazing rewards that God bestows on us for that task is absolutly amazing!! When you talked about the "mully" I thought of a very recent situation of one of my grandchildrens mothers and because I wouldn't watch my little grandchild and took a stand for the reason why...a party was involved and I didn't condone all the things that were going to take place, she put on facebook that she is glad her other grandmother is so involved with her childs life. I agree with what you said about adults doing it as well. I stood my ground, and like you said am defined by who God says I am, not others pain. I remember something I learned as a young mother...this really helped me...HURTING PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE...God Bless you on your journey, you are doing a wonderful job!!
10/25/2011 10:43:29 AM
Debbi United States
Debbi
Oh! My heart goes out to this woman!  My oldest daughter suffered a miscarriage last year.  Same thing......went for a "regular" appointment with her husband and no heartbeat.  This was to be my daughters first baby and our first grandchild.  Imagine how we felt.....my husband is a pastor.  We serve the Lord.  My daughter and her husband are leaders of their young married class at their church.  Why was this happening to US?  My daughter oddly enough, was the ONLY one who DIDN'T question God!  And then if that wasn't enough, my daughter suffered complications from the D&C and then had to suffer through treatments for a cancerous tumor that resulted from the D&C.  She has been given the all clear and is healthy again.  Her husband returns from his 2nd tour in Afghanistan this Friday.  KNOW THIS:  GOD IS IN CONTROL and He will take care of everything.  Sounds simple, but true.  I will pray for you my dear!
10/25/2011 10:49:46 AM
Debbi United States
Debbi
Oh, and when asking why me?  Ask, why NOT me?  God taught our entire family something by watching my daughter hold fast to her faith despite what was happening to her.  As leaders of our faith, people are WATCHING us.  Keep the faith and if you would like to e-mail my daughter and gain support from one WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE FEELING, please contact me and I will give you her e-mail. God uses people everyday who have "walked a mile in your shoes".
10/25/2011 11:03:15 AM
Deanna Beebe United States
Deanna Beebe
Just a quick comment, on things like the "name" game, maybe include more uncommon names, like mine - Deanna, or Evie, or Nettie; we rarely get a chance on opportunities based on names.  Thanks for the consideration.