Nov 04 2011

You Are What You Order

I have this theory.  What (and how) you order at Starbucks tells a lot about you.

Whenever I have the fortunate opportunity to meet some of the great Christian artists that inspire us all, I typically open up with this question, "What do you order at Starbucks, and how do you order it?"  It loosens them up, we have some fun, and I get to anaylze themknow what drink to have ready for them next time they are in town!

Here are some of the artists that I've asked this question of:

Luke Smallbone from For King & Country

"Grande Latte" and if he's hungry gets an oatmeal.  In the fall he orders a "Grande White Mocha Half Sweet"

What that Says about Luke:

To me this means he is low maintenance, probably drives you a very practical car.  (He actually drives a 2002 Ford Taurus)

Yet, he's not fazed by change in life.

Joel Smallbone from For King & Country

Mighty Mango Naked Drink

He understand that there are rules, he just does not think they applies to him.  He says the only person that can tell him what to do.  God, and his Mom.

Mandisa

Green Tea with 4 splendas

She is just so sweet and kind...that sometimes it gets the best of her, she can easily give too much of herself.

Chris Tomlin

Water

Seriously, I asked him this years ago and he gave me a look like "this does not compute".  He is so immersed in living and serving, he doesn't have a Starbucks drink!  Maybe the years have been better to him and next time he will have an answer to my question!

What about you?  Yesterday, we asked you what you ordered at Starbucks...here's my take on some of your answers:

Venti caramel lite frappcuchino

A little conflicted.  Not sure if you want to go for it all, or hold back.  All in with the "Venti", but holding back with the "lite"...but enjoys a little indulgence now and then.

Mocha frappacino when its hot out, salted caramel mocha when its cold

Likes to be "with it".  Wants to be in the know, in the now.  Tries very hard to be in style.  I bethca he has a Men's Fitness magazine on his bedside table or she has a Woman's Fitness magazine on her bedside table.  Either that or watches a lot of the Food Network.

Venti caramel frapp with extra caramel whip cream and a dash of cinnamon

Loves the finer things in life.  Probably carries a designer bag.  She has killer shoes!

Sorry don't touch Starbucks. I'm a Peet's Girl.

She shuns the way everyone else does things and must go her own way. She's one of those "march to the beat of a different drummer" kind of gals.  Must do the opposite of everyone else!

Tripe venti caramel machiatto and they usually throw in the quad shot

You knows everyone.  Everywhere you go you run into someone you know.  Life of the party.  Everyone wants to be your friend.

On any normal day, caramel frap, grande. In the fall, salted caramel mocha or pumpkin spice latte.  And in November, peppermint venti frap, or an eggnog frapp.

Change your mind like you change you coach bag every season.  :-)

Soy Cafe Misto with 1 Splenda.  ask for it, try it, buy it!

You know exactly what you want and you usually get it.  Always the first person at a restaurant to order and recommends the perfect/best dish to everyone else at the table!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (33) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/4/2011 9:15:54 AM
Kacee Parks United States
Kacee Parks
I get the Double Chocolate Chip FrapichinoSmile) What do you think that say about me
11/4/2011 9:16:03 AM
Candice Hinton United States
Candice Hinton
I order I tall Iced caramel Machiatto.
11/4/2011 9:16:06 AM
Matt United States
Matt
Cinnamon Dolce Latte.. except for Christmas, I get the Gingerbread Latte. Smile
11/4/2011 9:16:26 AM
Caitlin United States
Caitlin
Decaf, non-fat, skinny vanilla late with two extra pumps vanilla! Smile
11/4/2011 9:16:50 AM
Janelle Howard United States
Janelle Howard
I order a Venti Soy Carmel Machiato.
11/4/2011 9:17:19 AM
Renee Jones United States
Renee Jones
I order a skinny 5 pump vanilla latte, grande. In the summer I order the samething, but iced or I'll order a grande iced chai latte with light ice.
11/4/2011 9:18:02 AM
ronald houlihan United States
ronald houlihan
I'm a triple vente extra caramel carmel machioto and in fall its a non fat pumpkin spice latte with whip gotta give up a bit off the far to enjoy the whip or extra caramel
11/4/2011 9:19:11 AM
Victoria United States
Victoria
I get a caramel frappacino.. Smile what does that say about me ?
11/4/2011 9:20:55 AM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
I order a cafe mocha with skim milk and no whip! and when its hot outside i'll order a passion tea with lemonadeSmile What does that say about me?Smile
11/4/2011 9:21:14 AM
JJ United States
JJ
My Starbucks favorites are a Grande 1% Peppermint Mocha in winter and an Iced Grande 1% Chai Tea Latte in summer.  Wonder what they say about me.
11/4/2011 9:23:28 AM
Kate MCKeag United States
Kate MCKeag
This is great!  ...When I worked in the coffee bars, I got the Cafe Breve.....espresso and half and half with a shot of amaretto....then.....at Starbucks, I used to get a Tall Americano, 2 inches of cream, and 4 pumps of hazelnut syrup, with room.  Now, I  buy a pound of espresso blend per week to brew at  home....I add my own gluten and lactose free sweetener.  Totally, you are right on.....coffee choice marks changes in our lives......funny!  Coffee is part of my family's heritage.  I was drinking it by age 2.....we are from Lousiana......did you know way back when in Louisiana, you could divorce your husband if he failed to bring home your pound of coffee every week?  Cracks me up!  Amen Girl...have a good day!
11/4/2011 9:28:08 AM
molly mikuls United States
molly mikuls
I love Starbucks and treat myself regularly. I always get a grande green tea frappe extra ice which ends up in a venti cup Smile guess i found a way to beat the system and save a dollar every time Smile If i'm not feeling the green tea i will end up getting a white choc mocha frappe extra ice or for the holidays eggnog frappe extra ice or peppermint mocha mmmmm...makes me sounds spoiled almost ha ha....what do you think? As i throw my empty eggnog frappe away right now Smile
11/4/2011 9:32:51 AM
Lin Ashby United States
Lin Ashby
Amanda- I'm at Starbucks right now listening to you drinking a venti hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.
Thanks for everything you do!

Lin
11/4/2011 9:34:23 AM
Rachael Vacanti United States
Rachael Vacanti
When I go to starbucks, which is rare, it depends on my mood.  Usually in the winter I get a white chocolate mocha frappe.  In the summers when I want something cold I go for an ice blened carmel latte.  What do you think?
11/4/2011 9:35:32 AM
Lin Ashby United States
Lin Ashby
Amanda- Thank you for everything you do!
I'm actually at Starbucks listening to you and drinking a venti hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.

Have a great day!
Lin
11/4/2011 9:36:21 AM
Denise Petrie United States
Denise Petrie
I do not drink at starbucks.  I have my maxwell house in the morning and that is enough for me.   Does this mean that I am a nobody?   I do not like the way you are judging people by what they drink.
11/4/2011 9:45:16 AM
Dave Martin United States
Dave Martin
Venti "bold" with no room for cream, what does that say about me?
11/4/2011 9:49:17 AM
Peg Mason United States
Peg Mason
Tall, decaf, Marble Mocha Macchiato, non-fat, extra hot, no foam (love the foam want the coffee)...please Smile
11/4/2011 9:56:15 AM
Angel United States
Angel
Grande non fat caramel machiatto even in the summer. When fall gets here I also like to order a grande non fat pumpkin spice latte with the whip.;)Love me some coffee!
11/4/2011 10:03:39 AM
Lauren S. United States
Lauren S.
My favorite Starbucks drinks:
Winter: Tall Soy Peppermint Mocha
Autumn: Tall Soy Salted Caramel Mocha or Tall Soy Pumpkin Spice Mocha
Spring/Summer: Tall Passion Tea Half Sweetened
11/4/2011 10:17:39 AM
Emily E United States
Emily E
Grande non-fat chai tea latte, if it is cold.
Venti shaken green tea, if it is hot.
11/4/2011 10:25:09 AM
Delrea United States
Delrea
I get a usual Venti White Chocolate Mocha with Raspberry [2 pumps]. I switched from the normal pumps they gave to only 2 now.
11/4/2011 10:25:33 AM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Venti white mocha...  or in the fall, the pumpkin spice latte. Both with soy.  Smile
11/4/2011 10:28:38 AM
Joy United States
Joy
Venti hot chai latte. Even in the summer.
11/4/2011 10:50:04 AM
Sami United States
Sami
I order a grande hot chocolate with a scoop of vanilla bean in the winter. In the summer I get a double chocolate chip frapichino.
11/4/2011 11:53:55 AM
De'Dee United States
De'Dee
Iced Chai Latte whole milk with whip and cinnamon
11/4/2011 11:55:34 AM
Ric United States
Ric
Depends on the time of year cold weather is vanilla latte breve, warm coffee frap with vanilla syrup (which is cheaper if you have a gold card because you get syrup free)
11/4/2011 12:49:58 PM
Dana United States
Dana
I order Venti hot chocolate with skim milk and whip cream.  During the holiday season I add mint to it.
11/4/2011 1:07:40 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
Venti frozen Soy Chai, no whip
YUMMO~
11/4/2011 7:25:54 PM
SJ United States
SJ
Wow. I feel really boring! I don't have a Starbucks nearby, but if I did (and could afford it) my usual would definitely be a grande decaf with cream only.  I did go out of my way once to splurge on a peppermint mocha decaf however, and it was delicious.  It was a real treat, and I savored every last drop!
11/5/2011 5:42:48 AM
Maria Decker United States
Maria Decker
How fun is this? Neat idea! I usually get a small Vanilla Rooibos tea with honey and 2% milk. I'll have to admit that I am not a regular,I only go occasionally.
11/7/2011 2:32:27 PM
Abigail Musser United States
Abigail Musser
I don't go to Starbucks. If i did i would would get the Mocha frappachino when its hot, and salted caramel mocha when its cold. Amanda, what you said about that person is me all over.
11/14/2011 8:54:00 AM
Britney Long United States
Britney Long
I don't know if you have time to respond to all of these "coffee orders", but I thought I'd try. I think it is alot of fun and an insightful approach to coffee. I order a small cafe mocha with skim milk and no whip cream. The funny thing is my husband says I'll have what she just ordered, only bigger. What do you think about us?