Dec 03 2011

Born to Stand Out

You know how it seems your favorite TV shows are all pre-empted for Christmas specials that you’ve seen a-thousand times…

Last night flipping through the channels to find something different and stumbled on one of those cheesy princess movies “What a Girl Wants” made for tween girls.

There was the scene where the commoner boy said to the young girl who just discovered she’s royalty…but didn’t feel like she fit into the world of prim and proper.  He said:

“Why try so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out.”

Maybe you have felt that way too.   You’re trying so hard to fit into a world that you don’t agree with.

You can melt under the pressure, or you can stand out and be a person with conviction and a backbone. Stand up for what is right, make decisions that honor God.  That’s what you were born to do.    The Easy thing…not always the right thing.  Never is.

12/3/2011 9:04:19 AM
Becky United States
Becky
Loving this, and the encouragement that we're NOT alone. Melting is NOT an option. thanks Amanda!
12/3/2011 9:09:27 AM
Todd United States
Todd
I truly enjoy your insights and honest comments on KLOVE. I get to listen to you during the week while driving truck in New Mexico.
I'm praying for you.
12/3/2011 9:10:48 AM
Raean United States
Raean
So true Amanda!! Thanks so much for the encouragement! Love that movie btw Smile
12/3/2011 9:11:00 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
Love this.
12/3/2011 10:51:59 AM
Janis United States
Janis
My heart breaks for you this Christmas season as your husband is not with you. My husband is working on divorcing me. The court date is 12/19. God has a plan for us and it is full of hope! He holds us up by his righteous hand.

A young woman who I barely know boldly shared this website with me.  I pray that it brings you encouragement. http://www.rejoiceministries.org/
Look for the Charlyne Cares devotional.
12/5/2011 8:05:30 AM
Sidney Clark United States
Sidney Clark
God is always by our side.  We never have to be alone in standing out either.

Thank you Amanda.