Dec 27 2011

Peace Out 2011

“it’s the best of the times…the worst of times.”

Maybe you’ve seen them too…those T.V. shows that start counting up the best and worst of the year.  Everything from natural disasters and fashion disasters.

Not a big fan of the worst lists…rather just see the best.

Maybe you had some of those in your life this year…maybe a personal disaster that you want to forget.

Instead of playing out your worst list in your life for 2011…what about writing it down and then shredding it.

Totally serious about this.  When you hold on to those bad memories,  hold a grudge against someone who has done something bad to you, or worse hold a grudge against yourself, it eats you up, you start to stink…you sink into depression and you live your life full of anger instead of the Abundant Life that the bible says God has planned for you.   I know…because I have been there, done that.  Not anymore.

No No.  The bible says God doesn’t count up your sins…let your self and others off the hook.

Got this idea…If you’d like you can post the “Moments you want to forget of 2011” here or on my Facebook Page...I’m going to literally print them out and shred them.   You deserve to live the life you love…if there’s junk in it that you don’t like…get rid of it.

When bad stuff happened…My Grandma always used to say “FIDO…Forget It Drive On”.

So…Peace Out 2011...hello clean slate.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (27) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/27/2011 9:15:25 AM
Sheila Winton United States
Sheila Winton
Believe it or not, I don't want to forget anything about 2011 or any other year in my life. I believe that God does and will use EVERYTHING for my good because I LOVE HIM. Every moment of my past has helped Him form me into the person that I am today and more importantly, is helping to form me into the person He intends me to be in the future! Praise God for every moment!!!
12/27/2011 9:22:45 AM
... United States
...
I've prayed and asked for help on how to forgive those who have hurt me this past year.  Some actions are so hard to forgive especially when I feel that my world is crashing down.  I take so much comfort to know Jesus is with me and try to understand that this is part of the plan.  I just don't want to keep fighting His plan for me in life.  I need to let this hurt go for 2012.
12/27/2011 9:29:34 AM
Scott Guest United States
Scott Guest
My best friends passing and my fiance cheating on me. Losing my job and being depressed
12/27/2011 9:32:53 AM
Barbara United States
Barbara
I was shocked when I just turned on my radio and heard your suggestion.  There are a couple of incidences that I would love to forget in 2011.  The main one is my sister and I are not speaking to each other.  In my heart, I've chosen to forgive her because I do believe that I must as a Christian.  But, the wound is so deep and painful that we didn't spend Christmas together, which would be the first time in over 35 years.  My heart is broken, and I want to move forward, but the thought of just acting like nothing is wrong kills me.  She knows how my husband and I feel about the situation; we confronted her lies.  However, she feels, thinks, and has expressed it to us with much ugly words that she is right and we are wrong.  Her and husband do not know the Lord, in fact, her husband proclaims to be an atheist.  We were raised Catholics; however, 9 years ago I was born again and developed a rich close relationship with Jesus.  I know without a doubt that I've forgiven her, but I'm struggling with forgetting and moving forward because it's hard to face someone with love and a smile when they've betrayed you.  I want to though...thank-you for shredding this.  I haven't actually written this pain out in such a way, so I think I will print it too and burn it with the Lord.  Each step I take will be that much closer to healing.
12/27/2011 9:43:01 AM
Natalie United States
Natalie
A lot of hurt has come my way this year, and I believe with everything in me that God uses everything (good and bad) in our lives to shape us and to ultimately glorify His kingdom, but I need to move on from the hurts that have happened.  My family has caused a lot of pain, someone tried her hardest to come between my boyfriend and I and to split us up, and my brother has cut off all ties with me and our dad.  I need to go the way God does - He chooses to forget our sins, and I need to forget about the pain people have caused me this past year and choose to love them despite what they have done.  Thank you so much for shredding these things for me!
12/27/2011 9:47:19 AM
erin shaw United States
erin shaw
I have had a year from some place id rather NEVER go! Lol. I am a disabled 38yr old woman with no prior children. This year, I reconnected with a man I graduated high school with 20 years ago. He is divorced and has a 13yr old boy and 9yr old girl who he seems to love very much. We decided to get married in March 2012 and due to my poor health and age, I was told by my drs that it would take me 6mos to a year, at least, to get pregnant. It was planned...just probably not so soon. Now, I'm 5mos pregnant and SINGLE. After I was hospitalized due to complications and my body going into shock, the baby's father backed out on me emotionally. So when I was 3 mos preg and supposed to be on bedrest, I had to pack up an entire house of stuff and furniture without his help, and move 3hrs away...back up to where I grew up in Kansas City. In this process, I lost my beautiful circa 1880 house and had to put it on shortsale. So I have no home for us, am disabled, car that barely runs because my ex tore it up , living on $14k/yr, feeling ashamed by many people for wanting to have a baby even though this was my last chance to ever have one and also not having a caring, loving father for the baby. He is no longer in the picture...by his choice and his name will not be on the birth certificate, by my choice. My only marrigefrom 2000, was to a Nazarene minister, which ended in divorce because he wouldn't get counseling. He was jekyl and hyde...very scary...he became verbally and physically abusive, cheated on me, drank to much and even raped me one night when he came home plastered, and since I had credit (at that time) he applied and forged my name on 7 credit cards and ran up over $35k credit card debt. He did the bills so I never saw it until the divorce started. Because it was "marital debt" I had to pay for half of it.  Id like to forget the last 11 years! The bright light in my life is this moving, kicking little baby (who has made mommy VERY sick) and knowing even though the situation sux, I've wanted to be a mom my entire life. We will be fine, just challenged monetarilly. This baby will have more love than he/she could ever need and will know the Lord, one that will NEVER let him/her down. I get to find out what the baby's gender is next Thursday...what a blessing! I can at least start picking out blue or pink clothes!  We could use so much prayer right now and would really appreciate it!
12/27/2011 9:50:12 AM
Cheryl Gaertner United States
Cheryl Gaertner
My husband of 45 years passed away very unexpectedly last January 26th and it was devestating to me BUT my neighbor told me about Klove radio and I have been listening ever since.  I also have learned sooo very much about my God and Savior and my Christmas, although difficult without my sweetie has been blessed and I do realize I am truly blessed with HIM and Klove.  God bless ya'll!!!  And thank you so much for your wonderful ministry!!!
12/27/2011 10:12:10 AM
Jeanne D. United States
Jeanne D.
Being laid-off and the constant frustration with little to no self worth.  Being alone.  Depression.  Not living up to God's potential.
12/27/2011 11:02:56 AM
Danny Avery United States
Danny Avery
I love the FIDO "saying!"  I am so glad we serve a God of New Beginnings!  And, we don't even have to wait for a New Year to start over!  We can do it every day, or even more than once per day!

2011 was truly one of those years with lots of ups and downs -- and, I choose to maintain the focus on the good things, while learning from the down times, and investing the lessons learned into the remainder of my time here in this life.

thanks, Amanda, for your ministry!  Keep it up...
12/27/2011 11:10:27 AM
Emily United States
Emily
I know that through my Savior I have forgiven him, but would like to move forward from a spiritual attack upon my marriage...a husband who made a very bad decision. Thank you
12/27/2011 11:15:41 AM
Tiffy United States
Tiffy
I would love to forget the financial stress of the last 3 years.  God has provided for our family, but we have lost all of our wealth in this recession, but we still have so much to be thankful for...family, friends, our health and our God who miraculously provides for all of our needs.  God wants to carry our burdens if we will let Him!  God Bless all of His children in 2012!
12/27/2011 11:16:45 AM
Jackie Smith United States
Jackie Smith
Someone who I believed to be a "good" friend turned on me and I cannot trust or forgive her. I need to let this go in 2012, I need to forgive and I want to thank you so much for this opportunity...God Bless
12/27/2011 11:21:41 AM
Connie United States
Connie
A lost relationship with my son and his wife that I am willingly giving up. God help me with this as there is also my granddaughter involved. It is just not working for us -- there is too much dissention and I want them out of my head.
12/27/2011 11:24:55 AM
Ktrina United States
Ktrina
I would like to forget this year! Worst year of my life!!
12/27/2011 12:10:38 PM
Sue United States
Sue
The junk I want to shred is
My husband of 22 years is a sex addict,and drug addict. He has used me to feed the sex addiction saying his actions or normal he does not have a problem. The last 5 years have been hell. I have found him cheating, internet sex etc. I stay because I don't want to be alone and lonely and for my child. I have stomach problems since. I pray daily for god's intervention in our marriage and to get him the help he so needs. Please help me get out of living in the shadow of a sex addict and let him be responsible for all the bad decisions he makes daily.
12/27/2011 12:18:41 PM
Helen Tisdale United States
Helen Tisdale
I want to be in the number; ti have my list of negative in 2011 SHREDDED!  First, the downhill of my finances due to the economy & my poor stewardship. Second, my health; diabetes out of control, blood pressure high.  Third, clutter in my home tqaking over.
12/27/2011 12:23:39 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
I want to erase my hate for my ex-boyfriend.. we broke up this yes and just a couple weeks before Christmas making it the hardest Christmas. Only to found out that he left me for someone else.
I wanted to just forgive them and move on but even after that I still couldn't have that peace in my heart. I want to shred those grudge and hate..
12/27/2011 12:31:04 PM
Angel United States
Angel
I would like to forget about all the months before i knew Christ....i never knew that loving him could be so wonderful and him loving me would change my life forever....I just want to live for God now and keep him FIRST in my life....Thank You
12/27/2011 1:44:24 PM
Matilda United States
Matilda
I want to leave behind my depression, sadness, unhappiness, and loneliness my list can go on and on!!!!
12/27/2011 1:59:03 PM
Lil United States
Lil
I said n behaved silly w/ a co-worker.jst silly talk on my part. I know the Lord has forgiven me. I jst can't help the feeling Of embarressment when I see this person, n I hope they can forgive me n know the Lord trully does live in my heart.  I am a woman of God., I will continue  in  that direction.
12/27/2011 4:27:46 PM
casey United States
casey
My fight WIth my friend.  Yelling at people in kick ball. Hurting my sister.yelling at my mom.
12/27/2011 7:56:22 PM
Nicole United States
Nicole
All the jerks out there; my grandmother becoming closer to death; my foster brother leaving my family - we love him dearly; all the disrespectful things I ever said to people and the way I acted; all the cussing I wish I could take back; all the sins I ever committed
GOD BLESS !
12/27/2011 11:25:02 PM
Katherine United States
Katherine
While working today I happened to flip on the radio and here this, thank you God for it because it has let me move past my ex-boyfriend who suddenly left me for a friend. God works in mysterious ways, he allows tragic events to take place to lead us back to him. <3
12/28/2011 5:13:50 AM
.... United States
....
Finding out after 46 years that my father wasn't who I thought he was.  My mom had an affair for 32 years with my biological father.

Missing out on a relationship with a father and being resentful and angry at my mom.

To be able to set boundaries along with losing all the chains that bind my freedom in so many areas.
12/28/2011 8:52:24 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
WAIT!! Shred mine too Amanda!!

I went through 11 months of separation from the love of my life just for it to end in divorce 2 weeks before Christmas.  He has continued to push my daughter - his step - away from him which is killing her little heart!!  I want to be over the anger, the resentment that he flipped like a switch, and the frustration in him continuing to make decisions that are not healthy for our children's emotional and spiritual growth!  I love my husband so very much and know that he was meant to be so much more!!  I don't want to dwell on what could have been, but rather what God has for the kids and I in this next year!!  I want God to use me and in order for Him to do that, I can't have these feelings still lingering!!  You are right, this is only possible with GOD!!  His strength has filled me this year and I feel it growing even stronger!!  Praise His Holy Name!!
12/28/2011 10:39:15 AM
Jes United States
Jes
I want to shred my fear, it's tying me down, and i want to let it go!
12/28/2011 10:53:42 AM
Dawn United States
Dawn
Hope you shredded mine from the FB page as Beneath The Surface: Breath of Faith! Thanks for the inspiration to "Drive on"!