Jan 05 2012

"Don't Quit Before Your Miracle"

Maybe you’ve had this experience too…you’ve waited for something…you’ve prayed for something to happen…and it seems like forever…and you feel like giving up…

God’s timing is better than our timing

During the holiday vacation…while my kids have been with their Dad…have a lot of spare time…doing a lot of reading…and saw this amazing story about a mother who was searching for her daughter who she gave up for adoption.

I can’t hardly wait through 2 weeks without my kids…and she’s never seen her daughter since the day she was born.

It was horrible circumstances that surrounded the pregnancy an attack that brought this baby into the world…the mother, Minka, gave her up for adoption, but still felt a connection, and longed to meet her.  Thought about her every year on her birthday, and started praying for a chance to see her.

Turns out her daughter was looking for her too.

After an extensive search by the daughter, One day the mother, Minka, who was 100 years old, got a phone call and her daughter was on the other line.

77 years of searching finally brought the two together.

Never give up....never stop praying.

Mom reunites with biological child 77 years later. USA TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/5/2012 10:27:14 AM
Thu United States
Thu
Thank you for posting this Amanda. I finished with grad school a while back and I'm so lost with where God wants to lead me. I've been turned down for a million jobs and yesterday, I got turned down for a job working with people in human sex trafficking and I was just so crushed. I felt like God was leading me in this direction and the door was just slammed in my face. I was so angry with God. I wanted to give up on Him and just resign from life. Seeing, "God's timing is better than our timing" just reminded me that I have to hold on.
1/5/2012 10:38:57 AM
Sabrina United States
Sabrina
awesome.  This was and is exactly what I needed to ready today.  God's so good!  Thank you for being faithful to His leading and sharing the thoughts from your heart.  It truly is a blessing!
1/5/2012 10:39:01 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Thank you for posting this.  I just found out I am pregnant for the first time and haven't told anyone yet.  It has been my dream ever since I was a child to be a stay at home mom.  My husband and I both currently work.  If I stopped, there's no way we'd be able to make it.  I've been praying that God would provide a way for me to stay home and still be ok financially.  I am faithful and need to remain so.  thank you again!
1/5/2012 10:59:07 AM
Ella United States
Ella
I was adopted as a baby, I have met my birthmother, and was going to meet my birthfather, but it didn't work out, so this gives me hope that maybe someday we will meet Smile
1/5/2012 10:59:26 AM
Jes United States
Jes
Cool!
1/5/2012 11:17:22 AM
Christy United States
Christy
I had a prayer that was answered before I prayed... We were getting ready to add twins to our family, the 4th and 5th children for us, and we had no money for new beds and switching everyone around from cribs, toddler beds, etc.  (This would make 5 kids who were 5 years old and under.) I prayed on a Sunday night that God would provide for us, and the next day, Monday, we received a very generous gift in the mail that was actually mailed from about 500 miles away on the previous Friday! If ever I wonder about what God can or will do, I go back to that story and remember all He has done.
1/5/2012 11:18:47 AM
Christy United States
Christy
Oh, and not one soul (except God) knew I had prayed. Pretty cool! So, God is already working on our behalf, and sometimes before we even ask.
1/5/2012 12:24:20 PM
Theresa Pearce United States
Theresa Pearce
Thank you so much, Amanda! Yes people should NEVER give up on praying. Right when I was ready to give up, God came through and healed me of Epilepsy which I had for at least 48 years. May God Bless You Deeply, Amanda!
1/5/2012 2:45:05 PM
Roy Weaver United States
Roy Weaver
was married for 16 yrs to the most beautiful woman(at least i thought) until i opened my home to a perfect Stranger  unknowningly he was chatting and romancing my wife in a chat room . I have now been divorced for 11 yrs. Still in Search of the Special one.  growing tired and weary and getting set in my own ways now  and wonders if God does really answers prayres... But i know better and must believe in his own time will all things come true... Listen to k love reguliarily... God Bless