Jan 09 2012

Refusing to Fail

Maybe you do this too…when things go wrong in your life, maybe you mess up, maybe someone hurts you, you ask Why God? Why me?  But, I’ve been so good…I don’t deserve this.

Interesting thing about Tim Tebow, the quarterback for the Denver Broncos, when he messes up, like loosing 3 games in a row, he doesn’t blame God, he doesn’t blame his teammates or make excuses.

After the loss for him and his team last week, agains the Kansis City Cheifs, before his win last night which got them into the playoffs…he was asked about his last 3 losses but he said,

Obviously when you lose it is not good enough…I just have to learn from our great coaches, and try to be a better player, quarterback, and leader.”

Then, what got me is when he said:

I’m not going to let a few losses shake my confidence.

If he let failure get to him, he probably wouldn’t have been able to throw and 80 yard touchdown pass and win last night’s Wild Card Game in sudden death overtime.

I mean this guy can’t be stopped, and neither can you.  Don’t let a few losses, mistakes, or stuff that mean people do to you shake your confidence.   Don’t let failure get to you.  We all win in the end.

Love how before and after every football game, Tim Tebow kneels to pray.  They call it “The Tebow” now.  I also love how no matter when or loose after the game he says,

First and foremost I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior.”

Win or Lose.  Pass or Fail.  Troubles or No Troubles.  You have a savior, that can get you through it all.  So, let's all say every morning when we wake up, and before we go to sleep, "First and foremost I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/9/2012 9:48:40 AM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
Love it. Thank u
1/9/2012 9:50:40 AM
Val United States
Val
I love this. He is an inspiration to others, even tho the media  really can blow it up. I don't like the discriminating comments made by other teams or writers, etc... What happened to freedom of religion, on or off the field. WTG Tebow. Spread God's word!
1/9/2012 10:06:01 AM
Keith United States
Keith
It is so nice to see a pro athlete represent God the way Tebow does. We here to often about athletes getting into trouble. What a good post. Come on men of God rise up and reclaim your family. It starts with you being the high priest of your home. You may not be leading an NFL team but you are the leader of your family! Be that husband, father, brother, son that God has made you to be. That is right I said that God has made you to be. Meaning it is already done you just need to claim it. It was done when Christ died on the cross for you! Men of God its time to start "Tebowing" and fulfill what God has for you!
1/9/2012 10:51:22 AM
Sheila United States
Sheila
I would LOVE to share this, but there are so many grammatical errors that it doesn't even make sense. Like "when or loose", is that "win or lose"?
1/9/2012 11:00:45 AM
Sharayah Netwon United States
Sharayah Netwon
Tim Tebow is an inspiration to many by his play and character on and off the field.  However, he has always been most exemplary by the way he uses his fame and success as a platform for the most important thing, his faith.  My sister and I have been so encouraged by his example and aim to further God's kingdom that we wrote and recorded a song to support the Tim Tebow Foundation and would like to share it.

www.youtube.com/watch
1/9/2012 11:07:01 AM
Genesis Rubio United States
Genesis Rubio
This inspired me big time.
1/9/2012 11:10:54 AM
Blake United States
Blake
Great article.

There are a few typos you may want to fix before it's archived, though. Smile
1/9/2012 11:16:25 AM
roger green United States
roger green
keep it up tim they made fun of you on saterday nite live that wrong you a man after god just like me  he the way the light they see it one day might be on judgment then it to late for some are mose you i might be more to pull for your team just be cause of your faith to god for your team be the person dont let the outside get you dont ok we christian need to pull togethere to win soul to jesus
1/9/2012 11:30:38 AM
Marv United States
Marv
Great story.  Tebow used to have John 3:16 on his face on his eye-black.  Yesterday he passed for 316 yards and averaged 31.6 yards per pass to win the game!
1/9/2012 11:52:45 AM
Derrick United States
Derrick
Not really a Broncos fan, but will pull for Tebow no matter where he plays.  I love the fact that he is not ashamed of what he believes.

<a href="http://boydweeklydevotional.blogspot.com">; Encouraging Thoughts for Life</a>
1/9/2012 4:13:28 PM
haekang cho Korea
haekang cho
I am not going to let a few losses shake my confidence. I will keep this in my mind. Thanks for your good article.
1/9/2012 4:22:18 PM
mike United States
mike
He is a good example for young athletes to follow after while lifting up the name of Jesus.
but lets keep in mind he is human and may make mistakes then it is up to US to uplift him in prayer and not judge him. That is between him and the Lord.
unlike I had heard about Ray Boltz. How many lifted him up in prayer instead of judging him.
1/9/2012 7:44:15 PM
tommy United States
tommy
something to think about...1. when he was playing in college, what did he wear under each eye? John 3:16 2. how many yards rushing did he get last night? 316 or average yards 31.6 3. what were the names of the Ref's in the game last night there were 4 of them...mathew, mark, luke, and john. Just something to think about, go ahead check it out
1/10/2012 12:16:41 AM
Simbarashe Germany
Simbarashe
Amen
1/10/2012 1:23:05 AM
Corinne United States
Corinne
Our Lord and Savior..."Jesus" what a beautiful name! He gives me courage to speak out loud what I believe in. Amen!
1/13/2012 1:39:29 AM
Benjamin yost United States
Benjamin yost
Its a wonderful experience to watch what transforms through tebows perserverience except for the fact im from pittsburgh and I am a die hard steeler fan haha