Jan 27 2012

Just Say Yes

You are more valuable than you think.

Saw this YouTube Video last night…it’s the latest by a poet named Jefferson Bethke…he did that Jesus is Greater than Religion video…and this one about marriage.

It’s no secret that the state of marriage seems to be well…not so good…  but what hit me like a ton of bricks…was the realization that putting your worth and value on what another person, a spouse, isn’t ever going to work.

The first marriage you have is between you and Jesus.

Here’s what he said,

“Disney movies and chick flicks, they've put is in a weird position.   They've distorted our reality because they are actually fiction.  From the cross he looks you in the eye and says I'm taking it for my bride.   When you trust in me you no longer have to hide. Because of me it is finished. You've been made new.  His death was a proposal. He wanted you no matter the cost.  Where some guys propose on a knee. Jesus proposed on a cross."

All you have to do is say, yes.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/27/2012 8:55:28 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
Amanda,
Thank you for being a servant for Jesus!  Your words and passion for Jesus and His AMAZINGLY EXTRAVAGANT love shine thru every morning and start my day out with such a blessing!  Love being a part of this wonderful family of God!  Yep...my ABBA Daddy ROCKS!

Agape,
Wendy
1/27/2012 9:03:47 AM
Samantha Warman United States
Samantha Warman
Wow! Thats all i can say... Wow! In the midst of my own marital struggles...just when I am at the point of giving up...I hope I can get my husband to watch this...I hope it makes as big of an impact on him as it has me. Thanks for sharing!
1/27/2012 9:50:53 AM
Darlene Sena United States
Darlene Sena
Just wanted to say you are such a blessing!!!! Smile  I pray that the Lord will richly bless you for your kindness and compassion which clearly comes from Him. I'm listening to klove now and  in case I haven't mention it yet, "YOU'RE SUCH A BLESSING!!!!!!!"  In Christ, Darlene
1/27/2012 9:52:45 AM
Becky Thomas United States
Becky Thomas
So true!  Marriage is NOT supposed to make us a whole person.  We are  whole in Christ before we married.  Marriage gives us love and companionship. And one thing I've learned from observing past generations:  STOP thinking marriage should be 50/50!  The most successful marriages I've seen are 70/30 or even 80/20, but it worked for them!  And that's all that matters!
1/27/2012 10:03:02 AM
Emily Peters United States
Emily Peters
I also put this on my page! It was great!!! It made me think and re-evaluate my life and my relationship with my husband and my God! Another friend posted a sermon by francis chan, and it was to the same effect! We need that relationship with God!!! HE is what matters and when we have that everything else will fall into place!
1/27/2012 10:36:24 AM
toni United States
toni
I LOVE IT AND THATS RIGHT MARIIAGE TAKES THREE GOD YOUR HUSBAND AND YOU
1/27/2012 12:09:22 PM
Melanie Canada
Melanie
Amanda...thank you so much for sharing the video. It is so true, we have to find God first..He is out first love!I could listen to you all day, may God Bless you Smile
1/27/2012 1:00:58 PM
Melissa Miller United States
Melissa Miller
Amanda,
This is absolutely amazing. Wednesday night I was talking with my pastor about purity and I said that I want that and I want to do better. Later he said that I could get an inexpensive ring and he would bless it and I could have that as a symbol of my commitment to Jesus. I said I liked the I idea and I decided to do it. This morning on K-Love I was listening and you shared the message from the video that Jesus is proposing, not on one knee but he proposed on the cross. I felt like that was spoken just to me. That Jesus wants me as his bride, before I become a bride in marriage. Jesus wants us all to be pure but this really spoke to me. Thank you.
2/3/2012 8:37:19 PM
Jason United States
Jason
brought me to tears as a struggling husband towards my wife. I was very happy in a bittersweet way to be convicted and reminded. thank you for sharing.