Feb 07 2012

The Payoff

Those moments when your hard work pays off.  When all of a sudden that friend you’ve been helping, or your child you’ve been teaching, get’s it.

Had one of those last night.

Putting the kids to bed and reminded my daughter, Emily, to put her lost tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy.

She says, “It’s okay mommy, I prayed to God to ask him to remind me, he answered my prayer, I already put it under there.”

It was one of those times you try to hide your reaction from your kids.  I smiled, walked out of her room, and quietly stood in the hallway in tears of joy that my daughter, has her own little relationship with God.

Thank you God, for the little glimpses that you give us that we are doing the right thing.  I was reminded that I wasn’t alone, and that I’m not the only one in my home that asks God for help.

Tell me about a Payoff Moment that you’ve experienced:

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/7/2012 10:46:46 AM
Linda Larkin United States
Linda Larkin
Dear Amanda,

Good morning!  My name is Linda and I live in Reno, Nevada.  I just wanted to write this morning to say that I so appreciate your down to earth view on the Christain life and your gutsy honesty about being a divorced mom.  I have lived the to stigma of being a divorced Christian for many years and I would never dreamed that a powerful Christian Ministry like K-Love would let you be so open about this subject.  It is usually treated as the "only unforgivable sin".  Go Amamnda! Go K-Love.  In HIM, Linda
2/7/2012 10:47:12 AM
Barb Hartman United States
Barb Hartman
Our children are in the palm of His hands.  Keep your focus there instead of whether or not a minivan is on the cool list.  A lot of busy moms would love to have a van.  Be thankful you have a vehicle that meets your needs.
2/7/2012 10:50:38 AM
Kristen United States
Kristen
Payoff Moment. . . when my six year old son comes to me on Sunday morning and says "but Mommy I NEED to go to church!"

Don't we all, buddy.  Don't we all!
2/7/2012 11:35:21 AM
James United States
James
Payoff Moment..took my kids to a revival meeting Last week and my nine year old daughter is singing and raising her hands in worship.  The speakers humor kept her attention and I got to see my daughter fully engaged in a holy ghost filled church service...we even shared some thoughts about his teaching on the way home.  My 12 year old son on the other hand slept through it all...lol...But it is amazing to see what God can do, even with just a couple of weekends each month in the lives of my children.

Greater is he that is in Me and my children than he that is in the world.
2/7/2012 11:52:29 AM
Kari United States
Kari
This has nothing to do with a pay-off moment, but I just want to say that I am not a pop drinker.  Since you mentioned having a coke and candy bar when you were younger, I started craving a pop.  So I went to the cupboard and pulled out a warm orange Fanta!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....  it's delicious!

And I agree!  Schools need to do what they can to help our kids, but don't leave out the treats every now and then - especially on birthdays!!!
2/7/2012 1:03:39 PM
Sandi Kellman United States
Sandi Kellman
How many moments can I share with you... I am truly blessed with three boys one tucked away in heaven and adult son with two kids of his own and our youngest Dean is twelve.  Last Thursday his little brother would have turned ten... our favorite song in the whole world is I can only imagine.. just imagine what our Zachary is watching what is he doing up in heaven. So every time I hear the song I smile knowing where my baby is.... OF course on his birthday the Lord played the song on klove and tears flowed I praised Him for the sweet reminder of what a blessing it is to know Jesus... just that afternoon my son asked his piano teacher to teach him I can only imagine.. telling me later I am learning this song so I can play it for you mama... ah.. such sweetness... Thank you Abba
2/10/2012 12:49:59 PM
Roberta United States
Roberta
When I had pink eye and someone told my 4 year old my eye was sick.  He came to me and said "Mommy, let's pray for God to make your eye not sick"  In his beatiful voice he prayed "Dear Jesus, please make my mommy's eye all better, Amen"  Brought tears of joy to my eyes that "he got it"

www.humbledbyhope.blogspot.com