Feb 20 2012

Live in the Moment

You can get so wrapped up in the “what’s next” that you forget about “the now”

Went to a great restaurant over the weekend called Catelli's, and I noticed on the menu there weren’t specials of the day, or soup of the day.  They were called Moments.

Pizza and Pasta of the Moment

I actually asked them about it.  Because I thought it was cool.  The chef herself told me, she didn’t like committing to a special for very long, or one special dish for every day of the week and to have to constantly repeat it.

She goes to her garden, gets the herbs that are fresh, and sees what fresh ingredients she has, and creates the Pasta of the Moment.

I don’t know about you, but I want to order up my life like that.  Take what “ingredients” you have in life and create something special out of it.

Don’t worry about what ingredients you’re lacking, like the right stuff or the right relationship, but make the most out of the ingredients that you have; your family, your friends, your purpose.

Be okay with who you are, and where you are.  Stop worrying about what’s next.

Philippians 4:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/20/2012 10:28:39 AM
Kristal Doremus United States
Kristal Doremus
Thank you for all your encouraging words and all that you do. It helps get me through the tough times and also keeps me positive through the good times...
2/20/2012 10:51:33 AM
Wendy McGregor United States
Wendy McGregor
Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed that perspective and analogy as I am really focusssing on His plan versus mine.

I'm even more excited about planning for my garden now!  It's such a blessing to see what comes up for that day in the garden and in life.
2/20/2012 10:53:01 AM
Bill United States
Bill
Another good reason to be thankful for today. We are not guaranted anything other than today. Takes me back to a saying I heard recently. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery so live in the present, it's a gift.
2/20/2012 12:13:23 PM
Phil United States
Phil
I was just praying and asking God what was next in this situation I'm in. Right after that I opened Facebook and saw this in a Klove post. Praise God for having things all planned out. Just obey and leave the rest up  Him.
2/20/2012 12:16:07 PM
Bradley A Harris United States
Bradley A Harris
The last 2 1/2 years, I have learned to slow day and savor every moment. I know how precious life is.
We are here like a vapor then gone. One has to be happy in the moment, not worry about what is missing.
2/20/2012 2:31:11 PM
Kristy Hammernik United States
Kristy Hammernik
I enjoy being creative in the kitchen.  Many times I am lacking a certain ingredient when cooking.  Most times it can be left out or substituted for another and come out just fine.  On any given day, every detail of our life may not be exactly what we would like, but God's assurance is that it will be just fine, for He makes no mistakes.  It can even be better than we had hoped!
2/20/2012 2:57:21 PM
mary m barner United States
mary m barner
Thank u so my much for this.Life I'd hard at times and never goes as planned.I live for the lord.The lord brings me peace when I am troubled.thank u klove for all y'all do.I love u all.
2/21/2012 8:28:17 AM