May 01 2012

The Blessing is in the Broken

When bad stuff happens you got two choices you run away from God, or run to Him.

I heard Bishop TD Jakes say recently. “The blessing is in the broken… Christianity is one beggar telling another beggar where he found the bread. That's what makes our walk authentic. When you share what worked for you with other people."

Throughout the month of May, that’s exactly what you can do.  Share the Blessings in Disguise in your life on my page at www.klove.com, and hopefully you will encourage someone else going through the same thing.

If I share your story, you’ll win Laura Story’s devotional “What if Blessings come through Raindrops” and her CD “Blessings”.

Like Marie did today.  She’s the first winner.  I loved her story.

“I was attending a Christian college, wanting to be a missionary when my fiancé and I made a mistake and got pregnant.  We married and had our baby and I learned that my husband was not who I thought he was.  He kicked my 6 month old and I out of the house when I learned of his affair and asked for a divorce.  That was 2 years ago.  Laura Story’s song, Blessings, has helped me through this rough time and about a month ago, I was sitting in church and God gave me a vision during worship that he is going to send my son and I to Congo.  That day, a good friend told me that God wanted her to to me that God has treasures for my life that I don’t even yet know about.  I feel like my mistakes took me off the track God designed for my life.  God is saying, “I’ve got my little girl back and now we can start working on this dream I have for her life.”

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/1/2012 10:16:02 AM
Emily United States
Emily
Right now God is taking me through some big transitions. My relationship of 7 1/2 years is ending, I'm on the hunt for an apartment, and my car just went through some big repairs. Its a little stressful when I think about the money I am spending to do all of this. However, my daily prayer has been "I trust you God. I love you God. I thank you God. I am ready to recieve your favor God." It has brought me to a place where even though I am still sad about the life I am leaving, I know God is unburdening me of the things in my life that I no longer need so that He can bring me to a happier life. This whole transition is a blessing, and I know what's on the other side will be an even bigger blessing.
5/1/2012 10:33:45 AM
Leah United States
Leah
Three years ago, my husband and I separated after learning he had had two affairs. At that time he was totally unrepentant, so our two children and I had to move across the country back with my parents. My two children and I prayed and prayed for daddy's heart to return to God and his family. After 6 months, the impossible happened... while on the phone with me one night, my husband broke down, repented and called out to Christ to save him from his sins. We were reunited a month later. Fast forward to now, we are currently homeless, but are staying with a man from our church that is wonderful to us, my husband was without a job for 18 months, and has just recently started a wonderful job he enjoys. We are stronger then ever, and working through. We love to listen to Klove, and the song Blessings has hit the nail on the head for us. We still aren't out of the storm, but oh Our Father has been so faithful to sustain us through the pain of unfaithfulness, separation, homelessness, hunger, and so much more!!
5/1/2012 4:22:41 PM
Carolina Colombia
Carolina
I'm Catholic but since October I'm attending to a Christian (Evangelic) youth group, through it my relationship with God has become stronger than ever but I also have done my part, I mean I've been doing my own research through worship songs I find online and also written material such as The Resolution for  women by Priscilla Schirer, I bought the kindle version of the book and read it.

Throgh K-love radio I heard the advertising about Jason Gray's song "Remind me who I am". That song really changed my life with its message.

I have some psychiatric story, my diagnosis is bipolar though I've never believed it but I have had two admissions at the mental hospital and I used to take some meds for that. This used to be a hard thing of my life to talk about, I used to say that "I hate with all my soul" what had happened to me and it made me very upset the fact of not being able to talk about it whenever I wanted to.

Jason Gray's song taught me that my psychiatric story doesn't matter cause the only thing that matters is that I'm God's beloved, and because of that He was going to help me to to go through it and that's exactly what He did. After that I was able to talk about it and I even decided to make two videos telling my testimony, one in English and one in Spanish, I uploaded them to youtube and I had some supportive comments in Facebook, it was really nice.

This hard thing of my life is no longer something to be ashamed of or to be consider like a taboo. I also shared this at the Wednesday Bible Study of the youth group I belong to now, Youth For Christ.

Just by the time I heard this song, I started a psychological process to help me to overcome this and it has been an excellent experience, I no longer take my meds, and I'm fine, God makes me be healthy, He really has changed my life.
5/2/2012 3:46:50 AM
Melinda Rito United States
Melinda Rito
November 2011 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was obviously the scariest words that had ever been spoken to me. My thoughts were of pain, suffering and dying. As soon as I got home I changed into my running clothes and went on a run. The saying "I had a "come to Jesus" talk...with Jesus..." doesn't cover the half of it. I told Him everything. My blessing in disguise is that through this trying time - I found God's grace...He took my fear away. I still had my moments, but I knew God was there with me.
(p.s. My surgery in February was sucessful and the tumor was benign.) Praise the Lord!
5/2/2012 9:31:59 AM
Denise Sebera United States
Denise Sebera
Awesome story, How God can take the bad and turn into Good  I love God Stories.
5/2/2012 9:44:08 AM
Denise United States
Denise
Just wanted to tell you that after you played the Mandisa morning song a little bit ago, my 9 year old came to me and said,"Mom, I love this station!" God bless all of you there. That song always cheers me up! My son and I will dance around the house when that song comes on!    Thank you!
5/2/2012 11:07:06 AM
Tonya Ferguson United States
Tonya Ferguson
Recently, when my worst nightmare occurred, I couldn't run away or run towards my Savior, so I just fell. The good thing about being a Christian is when we fall, we fall on Jesus!!!!!
  In an act of obedience, here is our story:

Shattered Hearts, Broken Promises

4littlefergusons.wordpress.com/.../
5/2/2012 1:07:04 PM
Sara Romania
Sara
last year my boyfriend broke up with me; i was sure he would never leave me. at the same time i realized i can't attend the master's program i wanted to and my father had to leave the country because of severe financial problems; it was the first time i was going through depression; i had to make many decisions and he wasn't there anymore for me. i had to get a job in order to provide for my family (my mom, my 3 brothers and my grandparents) and even though i was crying every night, each morning i woke up and went to work. it was and still is a very difficult time in my life, but it has been a true blessing, for i have realized i had been proud and selfish and i felt God touched my heart and changed me. it still hurts and sometimes it's hard, but i know God's plan in bigger and He is in control.
5/3/2012 6:16:56 AM
Brook United States
Brook
I was a working mom when my kids were small.  My job required hours and hours of travel several days a week.  At the time I was so resentful because I wanted to be at home, but because my husband was in school that was not possible.  During that time I listened to Christian radio. Not just music but teachers, talk shows,  and preaching. I didn't realize it at the time, but i was spending several hours a day just listening to God's word.  Looking back now I can see the purpose to that.  He was allowing his word to be stored up in a way wouldn't have happened if I was at home with toddlers.  I didn'tknow the full picture of what would unfold later in my life like God did.  I am no longer working, and my kids are much older, but for several years I have been writing bible curriculum for VBS, Sunday School, Children's Church, Children's Sermons, and family devotionals.  God used a very difficult time in my life when I really wanted to be somewhere else, to pour himself into me fostering amazing spiritual growth to prepare me for the ministry opportunities he already had planned for me.
5/3/2012 9:16:52 AM
Amber Johnson United States
Amber Johnson
When I was 15 I wasnt on the right path in life, my parents had gone through a 6 year divorce, and I had my son Matthew. I thought that was it, I was going to be on welfare, I was against all odds. But then once my son camed into this world I knew God was telling me to be more than this world was expecting me to be. I graduated early from high school, am now studying psychology about a year away from getting my BA, and he blessed me with a wonderful soon-to-be husband who supports me and is a wonderful dad, with my "little blessing in disguise" who knows where I would be.
5/3/2012 9:30:11 AM
Shannon Jacobs United States
Shannon Jacobs
I was raised in a bad situation. I grew up with parents who where dealing drugs and there number 1 was there drugs, I was the oldest of 3 so a lot of responsibly was on me. I remember always feeling like there was more to life and there would be better someday. As a child, god would send people into my life. Whether it was a missionary who knocked on the door and would talk to me for hours on my porch or a new friend I would meet at school. I always new god loved me and he had a plan for me even though I had never gone to church. I would often tell my mom, there was a chance for a better life, she would just get upset with me and tell me I wasn't any better then her. I was always told I would be no different, I even had a high school science teacher tell me I would be the same, it was just who I was. If those where my parents I had no hope. I clinged to the promises of the lord and I new there was a better future for me. I spend my childhood raising my brothers and would miss a lot of school to take care of them. They have gone down hard roads and spent time in prison. I have never been additicted to drugs or even done drugs. I have never been to jail, I have never lived the life my parents lived. I am by no means perfect, but I am the mother of 5 kids with an awesome marriage and home life and the love of the lord. I know he has always been with me. People often ask if I have a hard time with my childhood or if I hate my parents. I simply reply god had a plan and I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have them as parents. Because of my childhood I am an awesome mom and am able to give back at every chance. God has shown me what a hard life is, and he has blessed with me with an awesome life! I wouldn't be who I am today with out walking the path I did as a child for that I am grateful!
5/3/2012 9:47:43 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
In 2002, I was married and had an 8yr old daughter and had been married since 1994 but together since 1990.  I wanted another child and we tried.  Our relationship was good, so I thought.  I worked 8-5 M-F in the medical field and he worked 2nd shift in the same plant as his father.  We never seen each other and he never had time for our daughter.  We had lived with my in-laws for ME to save money to build a home for us.  He had several issues with drugs/law while we were together but I did the right thing and stood by him.  He was in jail a total of 2 1/2 years while we were married.  I thought my life was good.  I had my daughter in a private christian school.  I paid all of the bills we had and even rent to help my in-laws out.   My father-in-law called me to have lunch one day.  I met him and he told me that my husband didn't have the nerve to tell me but he was.  My husband (his son) was cheating on me with a woman he works with at the plant.  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I thought what was I going to do.  I talked with my husband and he said he no longer wanted to be with me.  He destroyed our family.  I did what I could for him to change his mind and he said he couldn't stay.  I forgave him and he still said no.  I filed papers and his father made him move out.  In October 2002, we met at the courthouse to sign separation papers and that day I found out why he no longer wanted to be with me, his cheater was pregnant.  Another big blow.  Was I not good enough for him, did I not do enough by raising our daughter and putting her first?  I was devastated and so was my daughter.  My world was over.  Me and my daughter moved out on our own.  I had never had to pay bills, live, etc. on my own.  I didn't know what to do.  I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, etc. but still worked and took care of my daughter.  AND ONLY WITH THE GRACE/FAITH/MERCY of GOD did I get through it.  Amen.  I have remarried, a great job now and my daughter graduates high school this month. Although I was BROKEN in to so many pieces, GOD put me back together and has me where I need to be.  During the bad time of all of this, I had picked my daughter up from school and she asked me if I was saved.  She said she got saved at school that day.  I said no and pulled over on the side of the rode and she helped me!  Oh what a day!  To HIM I give thanks and all of the glory!
5/6/2012 9:12:02 AM
Anna Johnson United States
Anna Johnson
I'm 22 years old and moved 2000 miles from home to get my degree. I am working 40 hours a week to support myself through college with no help whatsoever from my family. God had blessed me with a wonderful retail job at a local business where I was allowed to do homework when I wasn't with a customer, but I was having trouble finding a practicum placement for my last term that would work with my full time work schedule. When the store closed, I thought the world was ending. I had no idea how I was going to pay rent or finish my degree. Soon after, someone at my church suggested I apply at a local organization that runs group homes for people with developmental disabilities. I got the job, which I soon found out I can use as my final practicum. I'm working full time right now, which is incredibly hard as a student, but I am so blessed to have a job which will allow me to get paid for my practicum. He's teaching me compassion for the individuals I didn't understand before and to rely on him completely, especially when my patience runs low. I am so blessed to have a Father who cares about the little things, like me getting my degree. Praise Jesus!