May 11 2012

The thing about having kidsthere’s a lot of "Schlepping."

You’re always packing up your car with gear, sports equipment, dance bags, and driving kids to practices

I admit to some days, not enjoying it, and wondering if it’s all worth it.

For weeks I have been schlepping my 3 kids to swimming lessons.  4 days a week.  My 3 year old son, Andy, wouldn’t get his head wet two weeks agoyesterday he dove in and swam!  When he surfaced and looked to find me to say, "I did it mom!"  You would have thought by my reaction he won an Olympic medal.

It made me think of this new Proctor & Gamble commerical.  It shows mothers waking their children up, taking them to gymnastics practice, and then cheering them on from the sidelines, at the Olympics.  Just be prepared to cry.

All the schlepping.  It’s all worth it.

It’s the hardest job in the world.

It’s the BEST job in the world.

Thank you Mom.

Happy Mother's Day!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/11/2012 10:01:57 AM
Cyndi Scarpelli United States
Cyndi Scarpelli
RE: Thank You Mom......to all the Moms out there, just remember......it's not the actual act of "schlepping" your kids to all the different activities, it's the moments you get with them in the car, at the activity, on the way home.  Those go all too fast!  I'm sending my son (the baby) off to college, and he's the last to leave.  Boy, what I wouldn't give for those days of schlepping back again............enjoy every moment....they grow up fast!!!
5/11/2012 12:12:46 PM
Kathryn Jordan United States
Kathryn Jordan
Re: Thank you Mom; Those times with the kids go oh too fast. I hear parents say 'when my child walks/talks', etc. but when they do....boy then they are starting first grade..then they are graduating! So those driving, sitting waiting times are precious!!!
Also Amanda, you read part of a posting that you put on your Mother's page, where did you get it and is there a way for me to get a copy? I cried and cried because it is and was so true.
5/11/2012 8:39:10 PM
GaGa United States
GaGa
Honey, I want you to have a Happy Day Every Day!
Love,
Mom
5/12/2012 9:13:37 AM
Mary Helen Flores United States
Mary Helen Flores
I am on your page and can't find the letter I just heard you read that was an awesome letter   reminds me of me  and my two daughters now grown and they can't seem to understand i am getting older and maybe can't run after them as i did when i was young.
5/12/2012 9:33:14 AM
Karen Flaherty United States
Karen Flaherty
Yes, please put the letter on your page you just read.  The one about the mother getting older.  It brought tears to my eyes, because just this morning I called my daughter and could not remember what I was going to say.
5/12/2012 2:49:53 PM
Monica Hartjen United States
Monica Hartjen
Oh that video was soooooo sweet! Your boy and the Olympic one. The Olympic one had me in tears! It truly is such a hard job. "Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone
5/12/2012 5:09:37 PM
karen United States
karen
Yes I'm looking for that letter too! Please post it! I wanted to share it with my adult kids. Thank you
5/12/2012 5:29:28 PM
karen United States
karen
I FOUND IT! It's on Amanda's Home page for May 10
5/14/2012 9:42:16 AM
Yvonne United States
Yvonne
oh, you warned me, but i didn't listen.... ugh. crying like a baby at my desk at work. Smile
5/15/2012 5:33:04 AM