Jun 22 2012

Taking Your Own Advice

It’s a cruel thing about life sometimesjust when you think you have it all togethersomething comes out of nowhereand makes you realize you can’t do it on your own.

I was just talking to my sister about this. She hurt her knee in silly accident last week and it could be serious, or not.  She admitted to being consumed with fear and worry about it.  She feels like this is going to ruin her exercise plan and her summer vacation.

She’s afraid of something that hasn’t even happened yet.  This could be nothing, but in her mind it’s the end of the world

So, I gave her this big speech on how she doesn’t have to worry.  How God will help her, how He can heal her knee, how He can make her stronger.  I’ve been praying for her to get closer to God and rely on him instead of always trying to do everything on her own.

And then don’t you knowyesterday I decide it’s a good idea to ride a bike with flip flops on.  And I fell off.

I hurt my kneeI’m actually icing it down right now… and I was up all night consumed with worry.  In my head last night, I was in surgery and on crutches for 6 weeks.

I’m feeling weak.

Hello!  I need to take my own advice.

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31 NLT

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/22/2012 9:41:25 AM
Karen Arnold United States
Karen Arnold
So true!  I have to remember to just "give it to God"... he has a plan, and I just have to have patience to find out what that plan may be!
6/22/2012 10:23:18 AM
Bethany Cooper United States
Bethany Cooper
Thanks for this!  I injured myself a couple weeks ago and I've been pretty down about it.  This helps worlds!
6/22/2012 11:59:51 AM
Karina United States
Karina
Thank you!!
6/22/2012 12:29:53 PM
MªCARMEN MARTI GEA Spain
MªCARMEN MARTI GEA
In this way I feel right now. I have been a good counselor to others and I am sure that God has used me to Blessing. But now I'm in a crazy moment in my life where I am guided by my intuition leaving ... And I wonder: What would you advise me to myself? And why is it so hard to put me sanity in my life, now that I need both? My best remedy: prayer.

P.S. I would love to pray for one another. We can use a more personal means of communication? Thank you.
6/22/2012 12:30:45 PM
MªCARMEN MARTI GEA Spain
MªCARMEN MARTI GEA

6/23/2012 11:48:56 AM
Mark Pringle United States
Mark Pringle
I just prayed for that knee ;) !!!  I had something similar happen this week - so I am glad to know I am not alone when feeling like that :^)!!
6/25/2012 9:24:28 AM
Monique Tate United States
Monique Tate
I love it how simply but profound this story is…we are called to minister or share with others but know that we will have our opportunity to utilize what we have encouraged others...I love the stories you share Amanda, so real and down to earth and necessary. Smile