Aug 23 2012

Lysa TerKeurst in the Studio

Tonight you'll have the chance to join myself and Lysa TerKeurst, author of Unglued, for a live Unglued webcast! We'll be taking your questions and comments on how to handle when you become "unglued" and how to make wise decisions when our emotions get the best of us. Lysa joined me in the studio last week to give us advice on what to do when you become "Unglued." Listen to how she reacts to certain circumstances below and let us know what situations in life get you "unglued"!

Why Lysa wrote Unglued:

Pretending that everything's alright, "Walking Plastic Versions of Godliness"

What to do when you feel like you're not being heard and advice on holding your tongue "our goal is not perfection, but imperfect progress"

When the last straw breaks...

When to say "no" if your cup is full and dealing with the guilt:

What to do when you take on too much, "where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress"

On forgiving ourselves and others:

When things don't go as planned

About feeling inadequate

Dealing with criticism

Coping with loss

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/15/2012 8:53:05 AM
Dorothy United States
Dorothy
Last summer (2011) I became "unglued" in a big way. External situations were stressful, and internally I was focusing more and more on myself and not on God. I went through surgery and had a hard recovery. All the lies of my life and the enemy entered my head and heart.  I decided I was a complete failure in life, became sleep deprived due to physical problems, and ended up taking an overdose of sleeping pills, just to desperately get some sleep.  Long story short I ended up needed 3 days and nights in an emergency psychiatric setting.  All that time (about 18 months) I was plastic on the outside and stuffing on the inside. It's been a difficult road back and I'm still recovering, but I look forward to reading this book as it will help me (and others I believe) avoid this kind of extreme result.
8/15/2012 9:55:51 AM
KEITH United States
KEITH
UNGLUED... MY WIFE OF 14 YEARS LEFT JAN 1ST. WE HAVE TWO BOY 10,14. IM RELIVING MY MOM AND DADS DIVORCE THROUGH THEIR EYES. I CANT HIDE MY FEELINGS BUT I CANT LET MYM KIDS SEE IT. I FEEL AS IF NO ONE HEARS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. I WANT TO BE MORE APART OF MY KIDS THAN SHE DOES. WHY DO THE COURT SYSTEMS FAIL GUYS? HOW DO I DEAL WITH ALL MY EMOTIONS? I FEEL AS IF IM SWIMMING IN A DEEP DARK SEA WITH NO LAND IN SIGHT. GOD HAS BEEN MY ONLY SOURCE, BUT AT TIMES WE NEED SOMETHING TANGABLE. PLEASE GIVE ANY THOUGHTS AND HELP. I FEEL LIKE IM LOOSING CONTROL. ~KEITH 318-458-1811
8/16/2012 6:50:02 AM
Trish United States
Trish
Love your little lesson about holding your tongue and I will embed Proverbs 10:19 into my brain.  What a wonderful scripture to really learn and love.
8/16/2012 9:02:17 AM
Janine Watson United States
Janine Watson
I have been getting bits and pieces as I work and I cannot believe how much this is speaking to me. I wish I could just stop working and hear it all and rush out and buy the book. I am really struggling with balance in my life and trying to find a new job that is not so stressful to me and things haven't been going as I planned...this makes me come unglued but I have to hold it together and be professional and earn an income. Thanks for sharing this!!!
8/16/2012 1:59:01 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
For the last 2 days I've been listening to the interview with Lysa & although I sometimes don't like to admit this, I can absolutely relate! Currently I feel so unglued it's not even funny! There's a financial strain in my marriage; along with other issues. One being I'm a strong believer and born again Christian married to a non-believer whom I like to refer to as a "work in progress" between myself and Jesus! There's just been so much tension and my business isn't where I want/need it to be and I feel so totally unglued right now! I just heard the song Don't Give Up, and I believe the Lord had that played for me! I was in tears listening to it in the car! I've sought counseling through my church, Calvary, which my husband has agreed to..amazingly and just today received a reply back from them! Funny, just as I'm listening to Lysa say both should read the book together! And hearing that song! Just yesterday I just asked God what he wants of me, I'm at my wits end and feel like I'm at the bottom & no light is shining in!
8/16/2012 2:10:42 PM
Cathy United States
Cathy
FINE! Then I walk off . Praying God will deal with the problem and the guilty person too. If I decided I would deal with something that IS my responsibility, I proceed with caution and fix it my way a.s.a.h.p (h=humanly) . After I chill out.
8/27/2012 8:26:04 AM
RobfromVA United States
RobfromVA
Really enjoying your music...keep up the good work!

Once in a while I hear someone on your station say it's not about keeping a bunch of commandments / rules etc. You are right, it's all about God's love. However, Jesus himself, in John 14:15 says this, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." So please don't mislead people into thinking that once they get saved, they can speak about the love of Jesus without living it.

Thanks again for the great music!