Aug 28 2012

Team Robin

Your story is a pretty big deal, IF you share it.

Here is a great example of that:

Good Morning America Anchor Robin Roberts has announced that she will go on medical leave after this week.  Friday is her last day for a while.  She’s going in for a bone marrow transplant.  Her donor is her sister.

As a public person I’m sure this is hard.  I can't imagine having to walk outside this illness out in front of everyone, having to smile on the outside for the camera when I imagine she doesn't feel very well on the inside.

But, by not hiding it she’s helped increase the amount of people volunteering to become bone marrow donors by 50 percent.

Just by sharing her story.  Makes you think about the impact you could make if you shared yours...

Join me in praying for Team Robin and learn more about her incredible journey

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/30/2012 5:57:40 AM
trichia warner United States
trichia warner
hey  robin gd luck to you and your family best wishes and prayers go out to you and kutos to your sister for bein there in your time of need would like very much if you or some1 can email your prayer to me it was asome
8/30/2012 6:04:25 AM
Dina Rodriguez United States
Dina Rodriguez
Robin I wish you a speedy recovery. I remember when my sister had her bone marrow transplant. My oldest. Sister was the donor. My prayers go out to you and your family
8/30/2012 6:23:05 AM
Carolyn McCabe Canada
Carolyn McCabe
ROBIN    I wish you love,courage,& prayer.
    You WILL DO GREAT. speedy recovery.
   I watch GMA every morning!!!
     will miss your special smile.
        GOD SPEED!!!!!
8/30/2012 6:50:13 AM
Nancy Teakell United States
Nancy Teakell
God Bless you on this journey.  I have such Faith in God that I know he will lead you through this. I would like to know how to get a bracelet. May God Hold You and Sally in the Palms Of His Hands.
8/30/2012 6:53:10 AM
krysta ballew United States
krysta ballew
Praying for you.
8/30/2012 6:54:25 AM
krysta ballew United States
krysta ballew
Praying for you.
8/30/2012 7:24:39 AM
Wanda Clydesdale United States
Wanda Clydesdale
Robin....I will miss you, but I know this is not going to be for a long time. I wish you a speedy recovery. I love you since you joined the GMA team and I wish you All The Best. God's Blessing and you are in my Prayers. Thank you to Sister Sally for being an excellent Match. Love you and Take Care.

Wanda Clydesdale
8/30/2012 7:27:14 AM
Wanda Clydesdale United States
Wanda Clydesdale

Wanda Clydesdale
8/30/2012 7:51:14 AM
marilyn woodall United States
marilyn woodall
I'm too old to be a match (73) but I can pray for Robin and her sister as they walk through this health challenge together.  May they know that thousands of people are praying.  May the Lord bless them abundantly.
8/30/2012 8:11:56 AM
T J Lee United States
T J Lee
I would like to wish Robin Roberts the best in her bone marrow transplant.  My Blessings are with you and thank you for what you do to help people understand what your going through.  I think it helps alot for people to understand this; so they can spread the word.  I support you in how important it is to be a bone marrow donor.  You are very brave and I look forward to you coming back to GMA.  God Bless you.. TJ
8/30/2012 9:05:03 PM
Lana Woodruff United States
Lana Woodruff
Praying for you!
8/31/2012 5:27:40 AM
Gloria United States
Gloria
God Bless her . She is a wonderful person. God will watch over her in her loss of her mother. and also her fight this sickness. God bless and be with her.
8/31/2012 6:37:35 AM
Clyde Mayberry United States
Clyde Mayberry
Good luck with your procedure. Sorry to hear of your mother..may she rest in piece. God bless your sister for being a match fo you.
8/31/2012 7:03:42 AM
Heather Walker United States
Heather Walker
Thinking of you during this difficult time in your life, be strong and fight fight fight!!! I watch you on TV all time and think your an amazing woman, prayers and thoughts to you!!! XOXO
8/31/2012 3:53:56 PM
PAM MAYER United States
PAM MAYER
I SURE WILL MISS YOU ALOT YOU ARE AWONDERFUL PERSON,I WATCH GOOD MORING AMERICA EVERY DAY. I WILL BE PRAYIN FOR YOU EVERY DAY. Take care.
9/3/2012 5:08:53 AM
Linda Rucker United States
Linda Rucker
You are in my prayer. We love u Robin.
9/6/2012 1:08:30 PM
Susie Davis United States
Susie Davis
So sorry to hear about your mom.  I watched you and your sister on your last morning at GMA.  Prayers are with you at this time and your upcoming medical ordeal.  God is with you!