Sep 15 2011

"Lord Undo Me"

This is a prayer I heard that I want to share with all of you...

I don’t really worship these day
I don’t really stand up to praise you with songs
Or prayers or actions
or with anything
I am full of all the right moves
I am full of all the right words
I am full of all the right religion
But it is all just illusion
I am really
Lonely
Lost
Calloused
Jaded
Cynical
Too religious
Too realistic
and well really just to lazy
to worship you anymore
I have lost my first love
I have lost the joy of your presence
But most of all I have lost the fear of your glory

Father I need to see you again
Like Isaiah I want to stand in awe of your glory
To fall down at your feet
To come face to face with your
Perfection,
Radiance,
Goodness,
Holiness,
Awesomeness
I want to stand before you and see you for who you are
and me for who I am
I want to be undone

I want to know me for who I really am
I want to see the depths of my heart
And know that you are the only way
You are the only truth
You are the only life
I want to see me and understand
What it really must have taken for you to
Love me
Care for me
See me
Speak to me
Want me
Communicate with me
Die for me
Die for me
Die for me

Lord, I want to stand in that place where all I can see is your glory
And my sin
Because in that place I can’t help but worship you.
Lord let me come undone
Undo my heart
Lord, undo my heart
break down these walls that I love so much
No, wait don’t,
I’m scared I don’t know if I can handle this
don’t
But I can’t live this way anymore
I can’t stand here in this half-life
this going through the motions life
this not really alive life
Father, I need you so come in and do what you must
Cut out the tumor on my heart
Break down the walls that I love
Lord let me come undone
Undo my heart
let me worship you again

*Blake Williams

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (41) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/16/2011 3:53:40 AM
Dale United States
Dale
Sitting hear in tears,Woke up the exact same time that pray "Undo me " played found your page listened to prayer again. I am a hard jaded grown man that has been around a block that I wish I wasnt. How can I get this prayer to my files , My music ,My desktop, My life to play again, JD can you help me
9/16/2011 3:59:32 AM
Scott W United States
Scott W
This is just what I needed to hear today!! Thanks!!
9/16/2011 4:13:17 AM
Carol M United States
Carol M
Thank u for sharing, it was as though someone was reading my heart today. GOD BLESS
9/16/2011 5:27:08 AM
Peggy United States
Peggy
WHere can I get the words to "Undo Me"?  JD mentioned to go to web page jdchandler.com but I didn't find that site.  Thanks
9/16/2011 6:39:03 AM
Marilyn United States
Marilyn
I can honestly say I relate to the words of this poem. When I heard it on the radio this morning on my way to work I was literaly crying in my car. People might of thought I was crazy but this poem has touch me in such a way. I really needed to hear that poem. Thank you so much.
9/16/2011 6:50:17 AM
Rachael United States
Rachael
I have looked at JD's facebook page and the KLOVE site and cannot find the words either.  Is there a place we can get the words and print them out?
9/16/2011 7:24:42 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
JD that pray is how I have been feeling and thinking about me and church thank you for read it again
9/16/2011 7:32:09 AM
Larry United States
Larry
I heard you when you read it earlier,but I did not listen until I pulled it up on your face page.

I TOOK TIME TO LISTEN AND PRAY right along!

I just wanted to tell you I NEEDED THAT!!!
9/16/2011 7:39:34 AM
Reyna United States
Reyna
where can i get the words to Lord undo me i will like to email it to my friends
9/16/2011 7:57:28 AM
SUSI United States
SUSI
PLEASE E-MAIL ME...THE POEM...LORD UNDO ME... IT WAS PERFECT
9/16/2011 8:08:13 AM
David Slipp Canada
David Slipp
Please send this poem Lord Undo Me
9/16/2011 8:42:37 AM
David Barnett United States
David Barnett
This is telling me how to open my heart more to God,surrender myself over to Him completely.
9/16/2011 8:45:59 AM
David Barnett United States
David Barnett
Please e-mail me poem Lord Undo Me
9/16/2011 9:44:47 AM
Robin H. United States
Robin H.
Love Lord Undo Me this morning.. would love to have a copy to send to friends. I could not find in on JD facebook.
9/16/2011 10:52:41 AM
Erick lemke United States
Erick lemke
If u have a smart phone just copy and paste and send it to yourselves via email I just did it worked perfectly! So I don't see why you couldn't do the same on a PC! God Bless you all, it seems this prayer touched quite a few of US! isn't GOD GREAT!!!! He is soo good!!!
9/16/2011 11:26:18 AM
Kimberly Vick United States
Kimberly Vick
This is absolutely beautiful.  Thanks so much for sharing.  There are several people in my family I plan on sharing it with also.  We all need to be reminded regularly where we are in our walk with Him.  I need it daily!  I ALWAYS get a blessing when I listen to K-Love, thanks so much for your ministry Smile  God Bless!
9/16/2011 12:21:12 PM
yisel lopez United States
yisel lopez
This spoke to me in such a way.this was meant for me. Thank u for all u do klove.
9/16/2011 12:22:32 PM
yisel lopez United States
yisel lopez
You're awesome that spoke volume
9/16/2011 2:59:14 PM
Bev Hockenberry United States
Bev Hockenberry
I was tired after an overly busy week and on the way to work just remembering I was too busy to even pick up my devotional. This spoke directly to my heart. KLOVE, your ministry is why I don't mind an hour's drive to work!!! Thank you!!!!
9/17/2011 7:35:34 AM
Burdette Bontrager United States
Burdette Bontrager
An absolute echo of my heart's cry!  How is it possible to mirror my thoughts and feelings so precisely!  Thank you for posting this poem!
9/17/2011 7:53:34 AM
Deidra Golemon United States
Deidra Golemon
When I heard you reading this I got chills. This is me. I am afraid to worship and let go in church because of what others might think. I needed to hear this because I believe God has been trying to move all of us to really worship him and we ignore the call; I break Jesus's heart every time I don't heed to that tug I feel on Sunday during worship. Thank you for reading this!!!!
9/17/2011 3:37:31 PM
Lori Gifford United States
Lori Gifford
I heard this poem this morning at around 6am as I was setting in front of our church dropping my daughter off for the youth group trip to Cedar Point and I have to say that this fits me to a T! I used to worship God all the time, I used to love to read the word, I used to want him to wash over me, and now I'm not so sure! I am feeling down, depressed, and just ugly, I know its because I am giving up. I don't know how to get back to him and the hunger that I had for him. I am so lost. GOD PLEASE UNDO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
9/17/2011 4:51:41 PM
Doug United States
Doug
When I heard this I had to stop and listen as it discribes me and my life... I pray God will undo me.  Thanks for sharing.
9/17/2011 7:10:43 PM
Flor United States
Flor
Thank you Blake Williams for being lead by God to write this piece of truth. I was siiting in Dunkin Donuts this morning, trying to have my quiet time. I should've stayed home, anyway i blasted K-love on my headphones trying to block out the other radio station playing. I was reading Philippians 3 and it began with "whatever happens brothers and sisters rejoice in the Lord always". That's when i heard JD read this poem. I wanted to cry. I know as a christian this walk is not over and never will be, not while we're alive here on earth. But i do look forward to eternity with Jesus. I feel like God is awakening my heart this week. I'm sorry Lord for taking you for granted all this time. I pray that we would all seek the Lord with all our hearts and like Matthew 6:33 states "seek first the kingdom of God above all else and live righteously and the Lord would give us all that we need". Thank you Jesus for K-love, thank you Jesus for You!!!
9/18/2011 12:12:14 AM
Cheri Arriaga United States
Cheri Arriaga
I would love for u to email this poem to me. Thank you so much for encouraging me every morning. I enjoy listining to you along with the rest of the world Smile
9/18/2011 7:21:21 AM
Helen Pineo United States
Helen Pineo
As I listen to this poem on my way to church this morning, I have to say that I wasreally affected by the poem, and it really sounded just like me.  I would love an audio copy of the poem.  I copied the words from your page. Thank you for youe dedication and love that you display over KLove.
9/18/2011 9:00:17 AM
Maria Thompson United States
Maria Thompson
Such a wonderful prayer...Thanks so much for sharing!!!  I will be reading this again and sending to friends/family....AWESOME!
9/18/2011 9:40:51 AM
Donna United States
Donna
JD, thank you SO much for sharing this prayer! I caught part of it on the way to work this morning, and looked it up to read the whole thing. I hope it's ok for me to print this out, I want to share it my Faith Group meeting this coming Tuesday night. I know the women will enjoy it as much as I did!
Thanks for filling in for the mroning show, keeping you, and all the KLove staff in my prayers! I absolutely love KLove, have been listening to it since moving back home to LA from GA almost six years ago, and pretty much listen to it exclusively. It has uplifted me, brought me to tears, had me dancing and hooting and hollering praise in my car numerouse times! I am so blessed by KLove's ministry! Thank you all for all you are and all you do for Christ-may you all be blessed!!
Donna
9/18/2011 10:06:27 AM
Keith United States
Keith
JD, I was sitting in my recliner reading the Sunday paper and again not bothering to go to church (feeling the usual guilt).  I heard you quoting "Lord Undo me".  I put the paper down to listen,the Lord used it to get my attention.  That prayer is me, to the last word.  Thank you JD, for speaking it over the radio.
9/18/2011 10:21:22 AM
Samantha Stoops United States
Samantha Stoops
I would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the audio version.
9/18/2011 10:43:50 AM
Harold Walker Brazil
Harold Walker
Marvelous prayer! It is so refreshing to speak the truth and I know God loves hearing the truth from us!
9/18/2011 1:30:45 PM
jim United States
jim
Jd
Each time I hear this it becomes more and more personal. Thanks for sharing and GOD Bless
9/18/2011 6:30:24 PM
Jeff United States
Jeff
Lord have mercy on me (us).
9/18/2011 7:03:46 PM
Janet United States
Janet
Thank you so much for this prayer today...it's like someone else was reading my heart.  I've been closer to God in the past than I am now and I'm so ashamed but at the same time unsure how to get back.  You and the K-Love staff are a true blessing to me!
9/19/2011 4:20:24 AM
Patty United States
Patty
Thank  you  so  much JD. This is how I am  feeling.I have had  a lot of pain in me lately.I know alot of it is because i quit  going to church recently but I don't  believe that I should be there because of the way I feel in my heart right now. This poem spoke to me in a way that no one else has been able to . I would love for u to email it to me and also get an audio of it not just for me but for other people that I know feel the same way that I do. Thanks  again for sharing this powerful poem amd prayer. GOD BLESS K LOVE. I support  K LOVE RADIO and am so glad that i do so that myself and other people can hear things like this.
9/19/2011 5:14:58 AM
dee n United States
dee n
I was on my way to Cincinnati to see my daughter in a musical on the Majestic Riverboat when this poem came on. I could not wait to get home so that I might print it. It touched my heart because that is me exactly!! My husband has been out of work for two years - unemployment has run out and I do not make enough to cover everything - so the next thing to go will be the house. Our marriage is in shambles but we keep going through the motions. I keep asking the Lord for my joy back and with all the adversity it is hard at times. We have a prison ministry and I keep telling the guys to make sure that they have oil for their lamps because we do not know the hour. And it is a fine line I walk because they know the Bilble inside and out and can spot a phony from 100 paces. I try to follow that same advise but times like these it is very hard. I know God will not give us more than we can handle but boy do we need a break!!!!!
Thank you for the poem. It will help me put things back in perspective and refocus on where my walk is with God. It will help me with my I trouble and get right with God again.
Thank you for the blessings from your dedication to doing God's work through music and prayer on KLOVE.
9/19/2011 9:12:51 AM
Chris United States
Chris
I heard this poem on the radio yesterday and posted it on my Facebook page today. A friend who is not saved, sent me a message and said this poem is making a "war within" her, making her think God is speaking to her. I have been praying for her every day and this poem seems to be the answer to that prayer!!
9/20/2011 7:17:07 AM
Penny United States
Penny
When I heard JD read this prayer on the air, I got chills, then I felt so shamed b/c I haven't  genuinely worshipped in awhile.  Then before the prayer was over I wanted to stand and worship like I know that I should be.  If I hadn't been driving, I would have been on my feet with my hands outstretched toward heaven.  The prayer humbled me and made me want to spend more quality time with Jesus.  What a good place to be!!!! Thank you Blake Williams and thank you JD for sharing.
9/20/2011 8:27:47 AM
Trina Davis United States
Trina Davis
This prayer caught me while i was driving to church for the first time after backslidding for years when i ran away from being a leader in another church for 13 years. Thank you for being obedient to the holy spirit.
9/21/2011 5:26:54 AM
Rebekah
Rebekah
that is so gorgeous! Laughing i luv it!
9/25/2011 4:36:54 PM
kim fuller United States
kim fuller
JD thank you so much for sharing this I can't wait to send it to my brother who is having a hard time finding his way back to GOD . He is fighting his on demons as is my other brother they both have lost their way and so need to read this prayer THANK YOU AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL YOU DO