Jan 12 2012

25 Things you can do with Coffee Filters

The wonders of coffee filters :

Better than paper towels, and a lot less expensive...

Coffee  filters .... Who knew!

And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Stores for almost nothing, even the large ones.

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the  microwave.

Coffee filters make excellent covers.

2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome...

Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.

3.  Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.

4.  Filter broken cork from wine.  If you break the cork when opening a wine

bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.

5.  Protect a cast-iron skillet.  Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.

6.  Apply shoe polish.  Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.

7.  Recycle frying oil.  After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.

8.  Weigh chopped foods.  Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a  kitchen scale.

9.  Hold tacos.  Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.

10.  Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot.  Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.

11.  Prevent a Popsicle from dripping.  Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.

12.  Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows?

Use  strips of coffee filters..

13.  Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.  It soaks out all the grease.

14.  Keep in the bathroom.  They make great "razor nick fixers."

15.   As a sewing backing.  Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.

16.  Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.

17.  Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.

18.  Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.

19.  Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.

20.  Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies..  Saves on having extra bowls to wash.

21.  Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.

22.  Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.

23.  Use them to sprout seeds.  Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.

24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers.

Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..

25.  Use as a kiddy's disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, etc.

OH YEAH -- THEY ARE GREAT TO USE

IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS TOO!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/12/2012 6:18:22 PM
Karen United States
Karen
I made Christmas angel ornaments for my tree this year out of coffee filters. They turned out beautifully!!
1/12/2012 6:23:44 PM
Alison Thompson United States
Alison Thompson
I just wanted to say that I have another use for coffee filters. On birthdays my grandma will use them to make an extra big cupcake for the birthday boy/girl.
1/12/2012 6:24:01 PM
Pat Madden United States
Pat Madden
I will use several of these tips...thanks for sharing JD...who knew?

Love your show...God bless you and your family with prosperity in every area of your lives.
1/12/2012 6:31:41 PM
Alan Humenny United States
Alan Humenny
Caught this promo while listening to the station. I just had to explore it further.I luv your station.....peace!
1/12/2012 6:42:15 PM
Lucian United States
Lucian
Nice tips! I'll definitely try and use them for cleaning.

One question. Can you be more specific on how to use them for fried oil recycling? Can I re-use the filtered oil? Or I trash it?
1/12/2012 6:43:53 PM
M United States
M
I have used coffee filters to make colorful butterflies! With colored water, pipe cleaner, and a magnet. Fun for the kids.
1/12/2012 7:18:48 PM
Sara Quintero United States
Sara Quintero
I love it! It is cost effective. I'm excited to try some of these ideas. I love your station, finally a christian station in Long Island. Thanks!
1/12/2012 8:11:07 PM
Cissy Peace United States
Cissy Peace
Just happened to be listening as we keep K-Love on 24/7 on our back patio deck.  Great ideas which I will try and pass on.  Great station.  We also support France for Christ.  Thank you so much for all your help in that ministry.
Cissy
Tucson, AZ
1/12/2012 10:02:03 PM
Cheryl B United States
Cheryl B
i am going to try them for polishing my shoes...great ideas...thanks for sharing
1/13/2012 1:49:35 AM
Joy United States
Joy
We have had a TON of the large ones donated to our classroom.  Now I know more ways to utilize them!  They make great craft materials when you use markers and spray with water... create a great pattern!

Thanks for sharing!
1/13/2012 2:26:17 AM
Robin Sunshine United States
Robin Sunshine
Thanks! Some new ideas! We also use the great big commercial ones in our Cafe at church to put popcorn in for the kiddos! Alot more cost effective than the disposable bowls.

**Also: try opening one up and spreading it out on the round turn-table plate in the bottom of the microwave. It saves a little on cleaning. You don't have to replace it but once a week or so; depending on how often you use the microwave.
1/13/2012 2:00:08 PM
Sandy Carson United States
Sandy Carson
I will wrap china with them today! Thank you for the great tips!K-love saved my life years ago while listening to a song, I was contemplating taking my life, and voila, the Lord used K-Love to touch my heart and I live today to serve Jesus and wrap china with coffee filters. LOL
1/14/2012 8:34:19 AM
Teena Renodin United States
Teena Renodin
I love listening to Klove.  I drive a lot for my job and it goes with me everywhere.  I leave it on in all of my agency vehicles after using them so that it is there when the next person starts the vehicle.  You never know when that encouraging music  or words might touch a needy soul.  I have been encouraged to listen to Klove or Christian music (cds etc) when other 30 day challenges have been given.  It helps me stay focused on Jesus even when I struggle with difficult situations.  I have been touched so many times with the many times you have prayed for others on the air.  I can feel the Holy Spirit working as you trust HIM for healing for each need someone presents.  Thank you so much for being HIS vessel.
1/18/2012 1:32:36 AM
Jean United States
Jean
Made a Christmas Wreath out of them this past Christmas. It turned out beautiful. These are great tips. Thanks for sharing. We miss you on the morning show.
1/18/2012 1:34:35 AM
MaryJo (MJ) United States
MaryJo (MJ)
Thanks JD. Great stuff.
Thanks for keeping me awake while I work third shift. xo
MJ