Mar 07 2012

PRAYER FOR WIVES

Heavenly Father, you have called me to honor and serve my husband in grace, humility and love, and yet I so often let worry, insecurity and fear overshadow that calling. Unburden my heart from worry and expectations. Teach me to relinquish control of my life and marriage to you, for only you are strong enough to carry and sustain it.

Lead me to a place of deep trust and intimacy with you, so that I would seek no emotional fulfillment elsewhere, but would bring to my relationship with my husband a rich overflow of confidence and strength, making of our home and marriage a peaceful, restful haven. Show me how best to love my husband, supporting and respecting him, praying for and trusting the work of your Spirit in his heart and life.

Give me the wisdom to value what is eternal, so that I might be truly content with my present circumstances, and not fretful or anxious over family decisions and finances. Teach me to be beautiful as you define beauty. Let me be a creative and enjoyable friend and companion for my husband, gracious and kind, gently in disagreement and quick to forgive.

Only as you lead me will I become the woman and wife that my husband needs. So lead me, O Lord. Amen.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/8/2012 1:16:07 PM
Tanya Brown United States
Tanya Brown
That was an awesome prayer for wives. I will definitely use it.
I would love to see if you have a prayer for kids! Thank you
3/8/2012 6:18:20 PM
Michael Mitchell United States
Michael Mitchell
The prayers for both husbands and wives are awesome. I also have the one for children
3/9/2012 6:47:14 AM
Tanya Brown United States
Tanya Brown
Is there a way you can post the one for children? That would be great!
3/9/2012 2:25:00 PM
Kathy Maciosek United States
Kathy Maciosek
Thank you so much for putting into words what I feel but could not formulate into words myself.
3/9/2012 7:17:31 PM
Lisa Roddewig United States
Lisa Roddewig
Very beautiful prayers for husbands and wives. May everyone who really wants a beautiful marriage be able to have one...not everyone is allowed, I suppose. Still, we should do all we can to do our part and pray and be godly, in love. We can be beautiful to Jesus anyway, in our hearts and by what we do. Thank you for being a godly example to the world, JD. Smile
3/11/2012 8:29:52 PM
Jenny United States
Jenny
I heard this prayer twice in one night, right as I got into the car.  I was meant to hear it and I needed to hear it so much that day.  Thank you.  They are words I will pray daily.
3/15/2012 6:33:51 PM
Yeseul Shin Korea
Yeseul Shin
thank you for the awesome prayer!