Feb 08 2013

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY SIDEWALK

This is for anyone who has suffered from an addiction, or bad choices in their life;

1. I walk down the street, There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I am lost...I am helpless. It isn’t my fault. I fall in. It takes forever to find a way out.

2. I walk down the street, There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don’t see it. I fall in again. I can’t believe I am in the same place. But, it isn’t my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.

3. I walk down the street, There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it there. I still fall in...it’s a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.

4. I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

5. I walk down another street.

by Portia Nelson

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/8/2013 5:43:32 PM
EVELYN C United States
EVELYN C
I LOVE THIS PEOM BC IT REMINDS ME OF MY RELATIONSHIP. ALMOST 13 YRS AND I'M DONE. NOT MARRY BUT HAVE A CHILD N THE PAIN AND HURT IS ENOUGH. HOPE AND DREAM DOESN'T COME TRUE WITH HIM. I FEEL GOD WANT ME TO CHANGE AND MOVE FORWARD AND I'M SO WANT TO B CLOSE TO GOD.
JUST WAITING ON THE DAY I STOP FALLING IN THE HOLE. N WALK AROUND IT.
2/8/2013 5:48:28 PM
Nancy United States
Nancy
I just heard you read this on the air about 15 minutes ago...I cried.  That is just how it feels. I want to scream "Its not my fault!"  but it is...Lord help me to make better choices...
2/8/2013 5:52:23 PM
EVELYN C United States
EVELYN C
THERE'S A HOLE IN MY SIDEWALK
2/8/2013 5:52:52 PM
EVELYN C United States
EVELYN C
I LOVE THIS PEOM (THERE'S A HOLE IN MY SIDEWALK) BC IT REMINDS ME OF MY RELATIONSHIP. ALMOST 13 YRS AND I'M DONE. NOT MARRY BUT HAVE A CHILD N THE PAIN AND HURT IS ENOUGH. HOPE AND DREAM DOESN'T COME TRUE WITH HIM. I FEEL GOD WANT ME TO CHANGE AND MOVE FORWARD AND I'M SO WANT TO B CLOSE TO GOD.
JUST WAITING ON THE DAY I STOP FALLING IN THE HOLE. N WALK AROUND IT.
2/8/2013 6:01:14 PM
Alice United States
Alice
I heard this many years ago and couldn't remember how it went. Thank you for sharing this. As it always is with GOD, the timing is perfect!!!  Blessings, Alice
2/8/2013 6:02:58 PM
anyo United States
anyo
2/12/2013 6:14:57 PM
Kelsey United States
Kelsey
I needed this, thank you. It simplifies all the different ways I can feel about a situation, showing stages of a changing mindset, that each time gets better. But the best is the last--that which you have worked and struggled for and can finally do!