Oct 06 2010

WHAT DOES 'BORN AGAIN' MEAN TO YOU?

I'm finding that responses to this question are greatly determined by the way you look at life! And maybe the way you looked at your own dad!

10/5/2010 7:54:22 PM
Mary F United States
Mary F
Born again means I am no longer me.... I am someone new.... Paul the apostle says it best for me:

(Gal 2:20 KJV)  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I am free to live for Him because it is He who lives in me.... I am not me anymore....
10/6/2010 11:48:47 PM
Edward Beuten United States
Edward Beuten
It means that your spirit that was born in sin at birth dies and a new sprit (THE HOLY SPIRIT)is born anew filling you with the love of Christ.
10/7/2010 6:46:01 PM
Cherish Cansimbe United States
Cherish Cansimbe
It means the old is gone and you are made new
10/7/2010 9:53:26 PM
Cris United States
Cris
I am still trying to figure that out--Still trying to figure out all of it--I am beginning to believe I won't ever.  Won't stop trying but its getting harder.
10/9/2010 12:58:50 PM
Aimee B United States
Aimee B
Tonights conversation made me think of my churches evening service last week. We had this conversation bout back in Paul's time you would of been ..... son/daughter of.... from .... and how when Paul was still Saul he said he was from his home town... but when he was reborn he was Paul an apostle of Christ and many more.... He never said he was from a specific village. We disscused that and came to the conclusion on why he didn't say he was from a specific village was because he didn't want anything to do with his past life and that he was not from a certain place but he was one of God's children. Also with Jesus he was son of Joseph from Nazareth then he changed to son of God because the earthly means of life doesn't matter when you are reborn. So being reborn to me means making a living sacrifice to live your WHOLE life for Christ because a sacrifice is an all or nothing there is no partial commitment.
10/11/2010 3:57:28 PM
Jude United States
Jude
It means that we live in Jesus and everything we do, we do with Jesus(:

I dont think we are justified by works, but I think the works you do as a Christian, show you are a Christian. Your love for Jesus should motivate you to do good things(: If your doing bad things, then you are not born again.