Aug 31 2010

Not all cheese is the same...

Ricotta and cottage cheese=NOT the same cheese! If only I had known before thinking they were interchangeable for a recipe!!

Bear with me, I sound like Rachel Ray but I can't cook like her!  Her 30 minute meals--AMAZING but they take me more like 120 minutes

unless its got 5 ingredients (or less) and I follow the recipe word for word, I shouldn't  be allowed in a kitchen!! Tongue out

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/29/2010 7:43:20 AM
Rachael United States
Rachael
Lauren,
I would expirement in the kitchen all the time, i just know it, but i cant trust myself in a kitchen. Im scared im going to mess up and ill whip up something un-edible. Recipes are fun and ill do thoes every now and then, though.I ate an egg the other day but it came back up at least 12 different times the rest of the day. I havent craved an egg since then...
8/29/2010 10:17:03 AM
George United States
George
Lauren,

Just heard your comment about how old you let yogurt get and still eat it. I have a question (as did Mike Warnke): how do you tell when yogurt has gone bad?

Hang in there - we're both doing an overnighter!

George
8/29/2010 6:07:57 PM
Jacob Cardiel Mexico
Jacob Cardiel
Lauren I hope that one day I will be your guest in the dinner Smile gretings from Juarez Mexico I listsenig int he nigths
9/2/2010 12:00:46 AM
will United States
will
very fumy hi i have a T.B.i and to day i fond out there a women that has it to she live ID or would help her but her husband pass a way last sat. she lone and has T.BI would you pray for her today
9/5/2010 10:08:12 PM
Amy United States
Amy
You can use cottage cheese in place of ricotta, but you should drain it really good first.  That makes is a little thicker like ricotta...with that being said I won't do the substitution in everything!
10/12/2010 12:00:06 AM
Deb Bolin United States
Deb Bolin
Hey, Lauren!

Better late than never - I told you about a website my stepmother put me onto - epicurious.com.  They have videos and photos, tons of recipes.  Hope you find it helpful.

I work nights, and always catch your show on my way home in the wee small hours.  Thank you for an uplifting end to my day.  God Bless.

Deb
12/11/2010 2:15:54 AM
Kay United States
Kay
Lauren,

Hi! How are you at this time in night? I'm very sleepy ready to go to bed. Not right now! I want to tell you please don"t  give up on cook-ing, not yet I started cooking at six yrs old and now I'm in my 40 ish and I'm a great cook, I didn't give up. I just finished making home made applecauce. If I can do this with our Lord's help so can you. Keep on smiling and our Lord will help you too. Have a blessed night. Thanks for being you, your great!

Love and Prayers Kay