Oct 19 2010

Lives Changed

How has God changed your life? Check out this story:

Help us continue changing lives. Call us at 1-800-525-LOVE (5683) or donate online. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

10/21/2010 8:28:38 PM
Charles Campos United States
Charles Campos
Give 'til it Hurts- My wife and I recently attended the Make a Difference Tour in Glendale. We weren't sure we could afford it, but with a volunteer opportunity and a generous tour behind-the-scenes Lori, we received comp tickets. As you know the concert aims to raise World Vision sponsorship.  We already sponsor one child (thanks to a Mark Schultz/Point of Grace World Vision concert) and the thought had crossed us to sponsor another child, from Peru, my birthplace.  Well we saw plenty of Peruvians on intermission, but did not committ. After the show was over, I wanted to go to a different sponsor table to see the other children there.  My wife wisely said we should not be picking who we help out.  Now in my head I made sense of how to make ends meet and thought OK we can do this.  So we went back to the first table and the volunteers there laughed because it was our fourth time there.  My wife walked around grabbed a boy from Lesotho (where our already sponsored child is from) and then continued to pick two Peruvian children we had seen.  She said OK these three.  I laughed and said all 3?! And she said yes.  Now let me tell you, minutes earlier I prayed within myself that I will let my wife take lead on the decision. In the honor of integrity I laughed outloud, became teary eyed and said OK.  We are now sponsoring 4 children, but here's the best part: When we got in the car to go home, Lynda, my wife said that she had been praying about it and for whatever reason the number 3 came to her and it was then that she knew that we had to take all three.  Lynda also said that the Matthew West song In My Own Little World's lyrics that I never give 'til it hurts was the catalyst for this MAD moment.  As she said that we had K-Love on the background and I immediately, without a shadow of a doubt KNEW that the next song to play would be Matthew West.  Sure enough the Lord and K-Love delivered and we heard the very same words that led my wife to this loving act!  Let me tell you, we have an 15 month old and a baby on the way and we are a one income family.  I am not a doctor nor a lawyer but work in a call center.  We live in faith and have been blessed and we want to share those blessing knowing that the Lord will always provide.  We are also proud supporters of K-Love and encourage others to go step out of the boat.  Please sponsor K-Love!
11/11/2010 2:43:20 AM
monica United States
monica
hey Lauren. your like my idol i love what you do with K-LOVE i listen to K-LOVE all day and all night non stop but most importantly it saved my family more then i can explain and i am so happy to have this radio station in my life thank you..

sincerely Monica...
11/11/2010 5:00:30 PM
Stevn Horsell United States
Stevn Horsell
HI LAUREN GOD HAS CHANGED MY LIFE THIS YEAR BY RESTORING BREATH BACK TO ME FOR I HAVE BEEN RECOVERING FROM A HART ATTACK GOD TOLD ME HE HAS MORE FOR ME TO DO HEAR ON EARTH AND TO LAY DOWN MY WILL FOR HIS WILL AND TO TOUTALY TRUST IN HIM FOR HE IS GIDEING MY STEPS MORE EVARY DAY AND HAS TAKEN THE BLINDERS OFF MY HART SO THAT I MAY GLORIFY HIM IN EVERY THING I DO AND HE HAS ENABLED ME TO RECKINISE SATINS ATACK ON HIS CHILDERN AND WHANTS US ALL TACKE A STAND FOR HIM MAY GOD BLESS US ALL THE TIME AND HE DOSE FOR THOUGHS THAT CALL HIM LORD AND SAVEUOR .......
11/15/2010 11:22:53 PM
brenda United States
brenda
as to the scrapbook you finished.. make a copy froma print shop.. that way you have ur own?
11/16/2010 9:49:13 AM
Stevn Horsell United States
Stevn Horsell
HI Lauren GODHAS defnetly changed my Life today I had to go get some blood work done to make shur that I have no dameg done from my Hart attack so thay can put a pace maker in I am not afraid Because GOD is in controol of my life now and forever and he has kept me hear to LOVE as he did and spread his word to all his childern GOD BLESS have a wonderfull day .......
11/30/2010 5:37:42 PM
Elizabeth Grace United States
Elizabeth Grace
I grew up in a broken house and a broken family. I was and still am constantly surrounded by broken relationships.  One day I was crying to God about how alone I felt. Depression runs in my family. I was so upset, and frustrated with situations in my life.  I had scrolled through all of my friends in my phone and felt that they were either tired of hearing my same old story of brokeness or they were people I couldn't talk to about the current issue for one reason or another. Because I felt like I had no one to vent to this time, I felt very alone and depressed and just cried. I prayed and told God my problems. Then I realized. Wow. What am I saying? I am never alone. At that moment I felt the presence of God.  I read my Bible, but instead of putting it back on the nightstand, I wrapped it in my arms and fell alseep with my God and Savior as my comforting companions.

God bless you Lauren. God bless, comfort, and keep us all.