Although we thought "No Name, Fair Game" sounded like a great rule of thumb:) here are the actual rules...
The office refrigerator is a convenience for you to use during the workday. Remember to be considerate of your co-workers as you share this benefit with them.
1. Do not eat or drink foods that do not belong to you.
2. Do not leave food in the refrigerator to rot and smell. If you brought it and didn't eat it, throw it away.
3. Do not leave foods uncovered. This is especially important when the food has a strong odor. Better yet, try not to bring foods that may have a strong odor such as garlic or onions. This is also good advice for your breath during the workday.
4. If your container leaks or spills in the refrigerator, clean the spill.
5. Do not rummage through your co-worker's food to see what they brought or make comments about what they brought to eat.