Oct 02 2009

the Lord gives Wisdom

We are reading through the book of Proverbs in the month of October!  One proverb a day for each day of the month, 31 in all.  Even if you missed starting with us yesterday, you can start today!  Come back tomorrow for Proverb 3.  blessings, Lisa

Proverbs 2 (New International Version)

1 My son, if you accept my words
       and store up my commands within you,

2 turning your ear to wisdom
       and applying your heart to understanding,

3 and if you call out for insight
       and cry aloud for understanding,

4 and if you look for it as for silver
       and search for it as for hidden treasure,

5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
       and find the knowledge of God.

6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
       and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
       he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

8 for he guards the course of the just
       and protects the way of his faithful ones.

9 Then you will understand what is right and just
       and fair—every good path.

10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
       and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.

11 Discretion will protect you,
       and understanding will guard you.

12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
       from men whose words are perverse,

13 who leave the straight paths
       to walk in dark ways,

14 who delight in doing wrong
       and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,

15 whose paths are crooked
       and who are devious in their ways.

16 It will save you also from the adulteress,
       from the wayward wife with her seductive words,

17 who has left the partner of her youth
       and ignored the covenant she made before God. [a]

18 For her house leads down to death
       and her paths to the spirits of the dead.

19 None who go to her return
       or attain the paths of life.

20 Thus you will walk in the ways of good men
       and keep to the paths of the righteous.

21 For the upright will live in the land,
       and the blameless will remain in it;

22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
       and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica

10/2/2009 6:11:21 AM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
Hey Eric and Lisa I think this is a great way to start your day off when you first wake up i wake up early just to read Proverbs and today's chapter is just what i need i am going through so much with my premie baby girl,Thank you Lisa for doing this its really a neat way to get in his Word Amen to you guys to K-Love,May you be Blessed today.
10/2/2009 6:11:41 AM
Greg Holland United States
Greg Holland
Lisa and Eric, thank you for the opportunity to read the book of Proverbs with you! One thing I have always struggled with has been getting into the word every day. Your reminders in the morning to read the Proverb of the day has been great for me. Your station recently came to my area and it has been on in my car and on my computer since I found it. Praise the Lord for klove's ministry!
10/2/2009 7:24:52 AM
Brandy Goodkind United States
Brandy Goodkind
I have joined you in this study!  This is going to be AWESOME!  It is like our own Sunday school class but each day instead of only one!

Thank you!
10/2/2009 7:26:26 AM
Dave United States
Dave
Thank you so much for offering us the chance to join you in reading through Proverbs during October.  I am new to the "K-love world" as it has just recently come to Pittsburgh...and I haven't changed the station since.  I'm am struggling to find the time to read the Bible and concentrate on what I'm reading...but the time in the car with K-love has allowed me to worship on my way to work and now has provided me an opportunity to work in the word of the Lord in a do-able way.  Today's proverb hit home and is so appropriate for our family situation in helping our young children to make wise decisions.  Thanks for the music, the encouraging words, and the chance to steer my path back towards my Savior, Jesus Christ.
10/2/2009 8:31:01 AM
Rhonel United States
Rhonel
Lisa, I am inspired by you and Eric.  Bless you for sharing your heart with us out here in the listening world.  I completely forgot to start yesterday but after reading Psalms 1:10 this morning, I believe it was meant to be.  I was enticed by a sinner today and I choose not to participate-it was gossip.  Psalms 2:7 promises that there is victory for the upright and shields those whose walk is blameless. Keep up the good work and don't let the few dictate for the many. (re: person who commented about not visiting .com sites)
10/2/2009 9:36:25 AM
Mike United States
Mike
A few weeks ago you were doing a Toby Mac contest on your morning show.  An 11 year old called in and you had him sing a Toby Mac song, I can't remember which song it was but it was very heart warming to hear the young child sing.  Is this posted anywhere so I can listen to it again?
2/27/2011 11:19:30 PM
medical negligence United Kingdom
medical negligence
I really like your post and also your explanations  thank you very much it's a big help to us to have a small idea...

More power!!