Oct 03 2009

Trust in the Lord...

Please join us as we read through the entire book of Proverbs!  We're seeking wisdom and direction from heaven for 31 days in 31 chapters.

Proverbs 3 (New International Version)

1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
       but keep my commands in your heart,

2 for they will prolong your life many years
       and bring you prosperity.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
       bind them around your neck,
       write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
       in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
       fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
       and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
       with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
       and your vats will brim over with new wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
       and do not resent his rebuke,

12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
       as a father the son he delights in.

13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
       the man who gains understanding,

14 for she is more profitable than silver
       and yields better returns than gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies;
       nothing you desire can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand;
       in her left hand are riches and honor.

17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
       and all her paths are peace.

18 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
       those who lay hold of her will be blessed.

19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations,
       by understanding he set the heavens in place;

20 by his knowledge the deeps were divided,
       and the clouds let drop the dew.

21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment,
       do not let them out of your sight;

22 they will be life for you,
       an ornament to grace your neck.

23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
       and your foot will not stumble;

24 when you lie down, you will not be afraid;
       when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
       or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

26 for the LORD will be your confidence
       and will keep your foot from being snared.

27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
       when it is in your power to act.

28 Do not say to your neighbor,
       "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"—
       when you now have it with you.

29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
       who lives trustfully near you.

30 Do not accuse a man for no reason—
       when he has done you no harm.

31 Do not envy a violent man
       or choose any of his ways,

32 for the LORD detests a perverse man
       but takes the upright into his confidence.

33 The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
       but he blesses the home of the righteous.

34 He mocks proud mockers
       but gives grace to the humble.

35 The wise inherit honor,
       but fools he holds up to shame.

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica

10/3/2009 8:35:57 AM
Daniel Borba United States
Daniel Borba
I thought I would let everybody at klove know that it is a great thing you guys are doing with the book of proverbs. I read each chapter from your web site every morning when i get up, with every chapter I read I get more understanding of what God wants for us. When I am done reading it I post the chapter on my face book page hoping that more people read and understand the word of God, also for the ones who mite not have a bible and want the knowledge of Gods teaching. It is amazing after I'm done with my chapter and post I have found that my day at work or home go ten times Easyser and my day is blessed with joy and peacefullness. So thank you klove for helping not only me but the many other people you guys have reached out and touched with the word of God. I look forward to the chapters ahead and hopefully my posting everyday will lead to others comming to Christ.
10/3/2009 9:06:58 AM
Linda Hulse United States
Linda Hulse
Awesome scripture! I'll take a chance and say that most people would consider Proverbs 3:5 &6 a life verse for themselves.  What a promise!  I am personally clinging to verses 7 & 8 today as I need health in my body and nourishment to my bones.  I LOVE THE WORD OF GOD!
10/3/2009 9:10:02 AM
Amy United States
Amy
Lisa - you are a breath of fresh air in this crazy but blessed life of mine!  Thanks for the idea of the Proverbs 31 challenge.  While I strive to study scripture daily, I struggle with fitting in that so very important and worthy time.  Your challenge will help me make that time with Him my number one priority.  Thanks so much for all you do to bring smiles to our hearts each day.  (Love your Mama too!!!  She reminds me so much of my Mom!!!  Gotta love those Southern Mamas of ours!)
10/3/2009 6:00:03 PM
Karen & Hala Green United States
Karen & Hala Green
TO ALL Staff & Listeners,

I Love OUR GOD for giving me K-LOVE as everyday they bring me much PEACE N JOY in knowing when GOD lead me here a yr ago it was truly from my faith GOD would lead me & I grow everyday with each and everyone who GOD sends me, but A Special thanks to you K-Love! I thinks it is GREAT you are reading in Proverbs as I put down GODS word so many yrs ago when abuse struck me and my oldest Dau. who is lost for now. GOD did NOT leave my site because he knew I had his words in my heart and he sent many angels to pull me from that long journey of darkness. I suffer some now from a long bout of chronic illnesses, but I have PEACE again and when I couldn't save me and my child now 11 yrs old he first gave me Proverbs & You! Chp 3 says write his words on a tablet of your heart PRAISE GOD I had them in there for so many yrs. I want YOU ALL to extend a special prayer for my Ex-Michael Caughey who I learned last yr is in Irag when I called his father to tell him I forgave him 13 yrs now and sent him some Military wings I forgot I had to Bring him safely home to his DAD! Thanks K-Love!!
Love Karen & Hala
10/5/2009 3:54:42 AM
wes United States
wes
I like so many of us often let life take from us the time God so desparately seeks to spend with us. Thanks for helping with some accountability with my daily devotions. I found verses 3,4 and 5 to mean a great deal to me. Love and faithfulness, and then we will win favor with  our Father. What a greater joy than for a son to win favor from His father. God has never promised an easy walk for us here on earth, often the trials and trouble go well beyond our own sense or reasoning. But knowing and having experienced that God moment after the darkness just reminds me that leaning on His understanding is just what we need in times of trouble. Thanks again for everything you guy's do in the name of His Kingdom.

Your Brother

Wes
10/5/2009 12:03:45 PM
Danny Neal United States
Danny Neal
Proverbs 3:5&6 has always been one of my favorite verses.  More than 25 years ago I felt led to memorize this verse.  Little did I know that when I memorized this verse, before the day was over, I would find myself in the worse crisis that I had ever been in.  It was not until I completely understood the meaning of this verse, and gave the crsis over to God from my heart, then and only then, did the crisis come to an end--that very day.

Now I find myself in another situation.  My wife has been diagnosed with Lupus and has to endure much pain every day.  All the doctors can do is to treat the pain and the only thing that works is morphine.  She has been started out on a very low dosage but it has already been increased in less than a year.  If this trend continues, I fear the state she may be in within 5 years.  Once again, I am trying my best to give this completely to God.  We always find comfort whenever you play the song "There will be a day".