Oct 09 2009

The Adoption Song

K-LOVE listeners Ryan and Lisa Case are one of 4 families that won Mark Schultz!  K-LOVE's Home Delivery brought a personal Mark Schultz concert to their home.  Well, more specifically...their garage:)  So you could share the experience, they created a blog of the evening (with some great pictures).  Here's a letter we got from Lisa Case:

"We can't thank you enough for this amazing week.  We have talked to so many people about Jesus and so many doors have been opened because of this opportunity.  My husband and I quickly put a blog together today to try to recap this week's events and last nights wonderful concert.  With 100 people on my driveway, we thought this might be a great tool for others to begin to share their experiences from the evening.  It is hard to visualize a concert out of a garage, especially with Mark Schultz, but I think the pictures on the right side of the blog bring it to life.  Just go to MarkSchultzHomeDelivery.blogspot.com.

If you would share this with Mark and Ruth Anne White from Word, we would so appreciate it.  We just want them to know how their time and talents are continuing to change lives.

Jennifer and Julie, thank you for all of your support last night.  It was truly an added blessing to have you there.  So many of my friends have found K-Love and are beginning to understand what a fabulous ministry it is.  We thought that there would be laughs when you saw the Muppets picture embedded!

Lisa Williams, thank you for your continuous prayers.  It was God's guest list and as I watched people in my drive way sing "One Life, One Love, One Way Home" I was overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit."

One of the reasons this night was so amazing was because of Lisa Case's story of adoption.  Here's an email we got from K-LOVE's Julie Gabrisch that tells more...

"Lisa and Ryan Chase prepared their lovely home for a driveway concert. The evening was a beautiful, cool Colorado, autumn night and we had concerns that it might be just too cold for a concert outside, but Lisa and Ryan had gone out of their way to create a great backdrop for Mark to sing and Mark didn’t hesitate to rise up to the challenge. Mark was so engaging with the 75+ crowd that stood or sat in the large driveway. His songs were sung so wonderfully even though I am sure he was straining his voice for all to hear him. He teased Jennifer and I because we looked liked “the two old guys on the Muppet show who sat in the balcony making fun of the performers”, which caused us all to roar with laughter. As I am sure everyone who heard or read why Lisa won the contest, she had given her daughter up for adoption, which was an open adoption. Lisa’s beautiful 13 year old daughter Kellie was at the concert with her adopted parents-they sat in the front row. Mark graciously allowed Lisa to perform the song she wrote and composed for her daughter, while she was pregnant. It was beautiful and Lisa is quite talented. Mark then sang “Everything to me.” When he began singing, Kellie got up from her adopted mother’s lap and went and sat with Lisa. As I write this, I am getting tears in my eyes, there wasn’t a dry eye among those 75+ attendees. Even Mark was so moved that he briefly stopped playing. Mark commented a few times, “I will never forget this evening.” I know he was saying what everyone there was thinking. None of us will ever forget last night. I know that Chicago is in for another treat and that God will continue to bless Mark as he performs these intimate gatherings. Mark and Ruthanne, thank you so much for coming the Denver and showing us God’s love."

In case you've never heard of the song "Everything to Me" from Mark Schultz, here's the video with the full story...

10/9/2009 4:54:46 AM
April Taylor United States
April Taylor
is it possible to hear this adoption song? I couldnt have a baby so we adopted a set of twins at birth, then 9 yrs later was able to concieve.
10/9/2009 4:55:14 AM
Sheila Beggs United States
Sheila Beggs
My son and daughter-in-law tried to have a baby...and found they could not.  We know have a five month old granddaughter through adoption and now our family is complete!!  I praise  GOD for birth parents that choose to give their baby a life that they perhaps can not give them!! My  son and daughter-in-law are sooooo happy and so are we!!!
10/9/2009 4:59:55 AM
Co United States
Co
if a song can save a life it has no better legacy
10/9/2009 5:14:12 AM
Missy Rowe United States
Missy Rowe
I have read some of this.  I was adopted when I was 2 weeks old. I had a great childhood, two older brothers and wonderful parents. When I was 19 I gave up my first child for adoption, "because my birthmother loved me so much she wanted me to have a family that she couldn't give me". I have met her and I am thankful that God had her give me up for adoption, He was right that she could not have raised me.  She is wonderful strong woman and I am thankful to her.  Someday I hope to meet my daughter, that will be up to God.
10/9/2009 5:33:00 AM
Pam Wheeler United States
Pam Wheeler
We have adopted 4 children! Each one of them is special to us. I thank God that their mothers made the decision to let them each become a part of our life. I can only imagine the courage it takes to give up your child. Thank you!!--to each one of them!!!
10/9/2009 5:35:53 AM
shelly williamson United States
shelly williamson
ADOPTION IS ABEAUTIFUL THIG MY HUSBAD AND I COULDNT HAVE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS WE PRAYED AND OUR CHURCH PRAYED FOR US GOD ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS AND WE WERE ABLE TO ADOPT OUR 1ST 2 CHILDREN AND THEY BIOLOGICAL SISTERS BEFORE OUR 2ND ADOPTION WAS FINAL WE GAVE BIRTH TO OUR 3RD CHILD GOD HAD BLESSED US WITH 3 GIRLS WHICH WE CALL OUR 3 ANGELS FROM HEAVEN .
10/9/2009 5:39:19 AM
Kerry Sowers United States
Kerry Sowers
Praise be to GOD for is song. Adopting is very specail to me and my family. We adopted 4 sinblings from DHS about 4 years ago. And it is the best thing we have ever done. They are such a blessing to us. I couldn't imagin our lives without them. I thank the Lord from them. And I think you for writing this song.
10/9/2009 5:49:21 AM
Tonya Daugherty United States
Tonya Daugherty
God blessed me 9 years ago this August with a couple of little siblings that have been such a blessing.  I am so thankful everyday for the opportunity he gives us with adoption!
10/9/2009 6:06:53 AM
Valerie Coleman United States
Valerie Coleman
If was not for the love and courage of a brave 17 year old girl I would not be celebrating my daughters 8th birthday. We have a great relationship in an open adoption. Not a day goes by that I don't praise God for her!
10/9/2009 6:30:01 AM
Vince United States
Vince
My wife and I want to adopt, but can't afford it.  Does anyone have any websites that they have used to help with the costs?
10/9/2009 7:27:10 AM
Pat Blades United States
Pat Blades
There are lots of kids available for adoption through DHS and there is no cost. I know there is a lot of negativity about the agency, but I am a Chrisitan and have worked there for 28 years. I have seen miracles happen in children's lives when a loving fmaily adopts them, not just babies but older kids and sibling groups. There are state websites that show pictures of these children as well as a web site called adopt US kids. I pray that more Christians will get involved in adopting these children who have been through a lot in their lifetimes and need to be shown God's love through a family
10/9/2009 7:46:27 AM
Bonnie Strube United States
Bonnie Strube
Mark deserves some praise here for his choices, too.  I was a teenage birth mom, who placed my son for adoption.  He was placed in a wonderful home, with loving parents.  After reconnecting with him, I'm sad to report that my son has chosen to be bitter and make dreadful choices in his life.  (Drugs, alcohol, and generally a self destructive life.)  He hurt me badly twice, I'm quite certain to try to get back at me.  Even so,  I KNOW that I made the most loving choice for him back then.  He's the one who chose to destroy himself.  So, Kuddos to you, Mark, for realizing what a loving act your birth Mom did for you!!