Nov 02 2009

Always getting sick?

Does it seem like you're always sick? Here are some things (from Prevention Magazine) that may hamper your immune system:

1. You have a sweet tooth. Too much sugar can slow down the ability of your white blood cells to kill bacteria.
2. You don’t drink enough water. Your body needs fluids to flush out toxins.
3. You need to lose a lot of weight. Excess weight can impair your immune system from fighting infection.
4. You drink water from a well. Well water may contain unsafe levels of arsenic which can hamper your immune system.
5. Your nose is Sahara desert-dry. A runny nose is actually a good defense against colds and the flu.
6. You’re always seriously stressed out. Long-term stress weakens the response of your immune system.
7. You’re always nursing a cold. The average adults gets 1-3 colds each season that typically last 3 or 4 days. If you get more, your resistance might be low. Get more sleep, exercise regularly, and round out your diet with lots of healthy veggies to help boost your immune system.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/3/2009 3:56:20 AM
Christine Cooper United Kingdom
Christine Cooper
I agree with those tips. I used to get colds all the time but now my immune system is a lot stronger just by taking a few precautions such as the ones you have already suggested like proper sleep and cutting down on sugar especially during a cold.  I have also found that that lemon with honey and ginger drinks, and orange juice eliminates a cold pretty quickly!  I don't take pain killers anymore for common colds!
11/3/2009 6:19:14 AM
M. Hazeleger Netherlands
M. Hazeleger
Hallo there!

I'm from the Netherlands and like K-Love so much. Always when I make my homework I listen to your radio station, the music is so good, I love it!!

Greetings from the Netherlands, and God bless you!!
11/3/2009 11:26:19 AM
Janine United States
Janine
What is a solution for long term stress...I know prayer is #1 but what are some things and individual can do in the flesh?
11/4/2009 12:44:04 PM
Ashley Lerma United States
Ashley Lerma
Thank you for the information. I just left work about 50 min. ago because I am sick yet again with the cold. Yet this time I can't speak on the phone all afternoon as Customer Service Agent. It seems like I have been sick a lot this fall. But thank you for the tips. I will be cutting back on sweets and taking in much more water. I love how God always answer questions! Thank you guys for sharing not only the gospel but other facts to help people through life. Have a blessed week.
11/4/2009 5:52:47 PM
Denise Whisler United States
Denise Whisler
Scared out of our minds about the H1N1. We have already had it and were literally incapacitated for 2 1/2 weeks. So afraid of getting it again. I have Asthma and my son has Autism. The DPS schools seem to be doing nothing to prevent this.
11/4/2009 6:03:05 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Thanks so much Lisa for the info!!
I do get colds alot!
This information will be really handy.
11/9/2009 11:57:48 AM
Sara United States
Sara
I actually have an immune deficiency and because I am twenty year olds there is little hope that I could ever have a stable one or a "normal life" but that aside I do try things! I don't eat all the fried foods and have stopped drinking sodas altogether, as I'm not big on sugar but coke I was like addicted to! Also no more coffee cuz it messes up sleep. I do notice when I don't sleep I get sicker so that is a big one! I started going to bed between 9-11 and getting about between 8-10. It makes a differnce!
11/9/2009 6:43:08 PM
DeAnn United States
DeAnn
These are good tips.
11/9/2009 8:01:43 PM
Caleb LeJune United States
Caleb LeJune
Me amd my siblings are just get over colds.  WE are still fight ing the left over simtims.  Please pray for us!!!!!  WE love listening to KLove!  Thankyou for all that you do!   LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!Smile
11/9/2009 8:11:24 PM
Caleb LeJune United States
Caleb LeJune
  To Mrs Denise, I understand.  I have three siblings who have Autism.   But in Jesus all things are possible.   Love casteth out all fear!  Fear not for I'm with you says your Lord!   Mrs Denize and every one else remember what Jesus did on the cross!  By his stripes we are healed and he took or diseases and our sickness on his back 2,000 years ago!!!!!   Don't let go of your faith!!!!  Satan wants it!!!!
    Jesus said unot Peter why did your faint?  all you nedd is a  little faith like  the mustard seed.   Say unto this Mountain be thouhg removed and cast into the see.  It shall be done.
  Decree a thing adn it shall be establised!
  Jesus allready did his part.  Now he is looking for his people to stand on his word and believe in him.    Will you join me?!    I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH cRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!!!!!!!    I LOVE YOU GUYS!  I LOVE YOU MRS DENIZE!Smile
11/9/2009 10:04:14 PM
Dena B United States
Dena B
Thanks Lisa for the tips!I try to do these. My worst is the sleep. I am trying to build my immune system back up again, I was bedridden for almost 6yrs from the excruciating pain of fibromyalgia & neuropathy & sciatica. I am on extremely strong pain medication patches, but, I am up and moving around!! I have lost almost 150lbs since April 2, 2008. I still catch everything that comes into the house, but it doesn't hospitalize me - PRAISE GOD!!! I did get the H1N1 and was wiped out over 2 weeks and I still can't bounce back. I am trying to do online classes at Grand Canyon University's Bible College, I am having such a hard time because of being so tired all the time and just not bouncing back.
I do have an all natural relief for that cough that just will not go away and keeps you up at night. I didn't think it would work, or if it did, my son wouldn't even want to touch it, however, it works incredibly well, so much so that my son started mixing it himself and doubling up on it! It's completely all natural and it doesn't taste that great but it works! Just mix up: 1/4- 1/2 tsp-Ground Ginger, 1/4- 1/2 tsp - Cayenne Pepper, 2 Tb - Honey, 1 Tb - Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Tb - Water   Mix all together very well. Start off by taking 2-3 Tbs initially, and take as often as needed.
My son had a horrible cough from his cold and it would not let him sleep. Nothing would work, not even prescription medications. I found this on the internet and mixed it up. I thought I would have a problem getting him to even try, but, when he initially took it, it made him cough really good immediately, then after that - nothing. It was the first time in a week that he was able to sleep because of the cough. Everyone I have given this 'recipe' to that tried it, is amazed!!  Try it, you will like it so much you will sleep!!
11/10/2009 3:58:33 AM
Diana United States
Diana
All good advice.  Our bodies are 80% water and you need more than 8oz if water just to be able to breath.
11/10/2009 10:20:42 AM
Abiodun
Abiodun
God Bless Klove for this great ministry. I am blessed at work with songs that ministers deeply to me. Africa, Nigeria is priviledged to be connected to Klove.com