Does it seem like you're always sick? Here are some things (from Prevention Magazine) that may hamper your immune system:
1. You have a sweet tooth. Too much sugar can slow down the ability of your white blood cells to kill bacteria.
2. You don’t drink enough water. Your body needs fluids to flush out toxins.
3. You need to lose a lot of weight. Excess weight can impair your immune system from fighting infection.
4. You drink water from a well. Well water may contain unsafe levels of arsenic which can hamper your immune system.
5. Your nose is Sahara desert-dry. A runny nose is actually a good defense against colds and the flu.
6. You’re always seriously stressed out. Long-term stress weakens the response of your immune system.
7. You’re always nursing a cold. The average adults gets 1-3 colds each season that typically last 3 or 4 days. If you get more, your resistance might be low. Get more sleep, exercise regularly, and round out your diet with lots of healthy veggies to help boost your immune system.