Nov 06 2009

Pray for Fort Hood

Be in prayer for all the families hurting from Thursday's tragedy at Fort Hood.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/6/2009 6:55:25 AM
Paul Godlewski United States
Paul Godlewski
The tragedy at Fort Hood is a direct reminder of the devil dressed in sheeps wool. We all need to look into the meanings of such tragedies and through prayer for each other prepare for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. My sincerest Sympathies are with every family involed in this ordeal. May GOD bless you all and remember he is there for each and every one who is grieving.
                         Paul R Godlewski
11/6/2009 6:57:53 AM
Pastor Karen T. Bryan United States
Pastor Karen T. Bryan
I just want to take a moment and truly thank the families of all who serve for our country, especially those who have fallen recently in the Ft. Hood incident. They gave their lives to protect our country, and it is honestly my belief that they have gone before us to be soldiers for Christ!!! We will miss them terribly, but how grateful I am to know that they're still fighting for us today!! My prayers & heart go out to all. May God continue to hold us gently in the palm of His hand!!
11/6/2009 7:04:52 AM
Tori Aul United States
Tori Aul
Yes, please remember everyone involved in prayer. My husband and I live next to Fort Hood in Copperas Cove TX, and we know several people based on Fort Hood. Thankfully as far as I know none of our friends were hurt (praise God), but it is still scary!
11/6/2009 7:09:32 AM
Constance United States
Constance
My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the fallen ones.  I have many friends and some family that work on post, Thank the Lord they are ok.  Praise God!
11/6/2009 7:11:47 AM
Yolondo Lupoe Korea
Yolondo Lupoe
This is a prayer GOD gave me 2 days before I lost 7 members of my family- at the hand of my brother. At the time I wrote the prayer I didn't know GOD would use it for me.

May this prayer be a blessing to those at Fort Hood.- Yolondo Lupoe.

"For anyone who is hurting....Breathe Deep the Father is with you...
For those who have ears to hear and are in need of a warm hug from the Father,

Listen to the silence that crosses past your ears. Breathe deep, release. Now close your mind's eye and feel the moment you are in. GOD is with you. Holding you. Lifting you up when you have no strength. He is carrying you. Have you noticed it feels like your feet can't touch the ground? He will gently lead you when you feel blind. There is NO darkness that His light cannot penetrate. There is NO storm that He cannot weather. Breathe deep. Don't worry. He is there by your side- arms wrapped 'round you, firm and tight. Breathe deep.

He hears the heaving of your heavy heart. He sees the tears as they drop. In a bottle He keeps them- each one, precious to Him.

Breathe Deep.

Before you were, He was. He knew this day would come for you and His arms are open wide to you. Breathe Deep. It's okay to cry. He sees. He cares. He listens. He is there.

This day will not pass without avenged redemption. It is a promise that He has made.

But now, rest in His embrace. Heave deep, breathe deep.

Now, May His Angels guard over you. May the Holy Spirit's peace rest upon you. May you feel His gentle grace and Peace in the midst of everything. Now Breathe Deep. You are in the Father's hand."
11/6/2009 7:21:31 AM
Grace Bothof United States
Grace Bothof
I will be in constant prayer today for the families at Ft. Hood. My heart crys for them. May God bless them and comfort them, may He put a hedge of protection around each of them. Thank you Klove for putting up this prayer wall! I also want to thank all of our military personal for their sacrafice each and every day.
11/6/2009 7:34:27 AM
Patty United States
Patty
I can't understand why someone would do this. I was so relieved to find out that my boyfriend and cousins were ok, thank God. At the same time I feel so horrble for everyone else. This situation really upsets me. I am just so confused.
11/6/2009 7:46:51 AM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
Father i am praying for the people at FORT HOOD Texas The U.S. Army pray for the Army who lost some of there own pray for there familys as well only you God can heal the week and the strong Father i pray also for the troops Thank you God for your great love.I also want to keep all the others that were there i pray for the schools who were on lock down till late last night pray those kids lift them up and give then peace Father you always say pray and it will be done.Thanks K-Love for posting through facebook and on here.
11/6/2009 7:47:20 AM
Terri United States
Terri
I am a disabled Veteran and my heart grieves for this tragedy, but God reminded me during prayer time that we all need to remember in time of heartache, tragedy, even as senseless as this one, that everything that these families are going to need to heal from this devastation, God has already provided the provisions by his Grace and it is our faith that allows us to reach out and take those provisions.  God's part in this is Grace and it is done, our part is the faith and reaching out.  I pray that a hedge of protection, peace and understanding covers all those who are involved in this tragic event....God's peace to all.
11/6/2009 8:16:57 AM
J. United States
J.
Lifting in prayer all of our brave men and women serving in the United States armed forces. For those who lost their lives; those who lost sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters; those who are injured. That God will shower all with His love and comfort in a time of terrible pain and confusion, and while no one may ever understand, that all may find peace in knowing that God's great eternal plan will someday overshadow any pain and suffering had on this earth.

1 Peter 5:7-11

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to Him forever! Amen.
11/6/2009 8:23:59 AM
Sandy United States
Sandy
Looking at my devotional this morning, Thomas Kempis made this quote "We carefully count others' offenses against us, but we rarely consider what others may suffer because of us."
11/6/2009 8:35:03 AM
chris heath United States
chris heath
Let us also pray for the muslim gunman who committed this terrible act of murder and pain. Pray that he survive his injuries not only for justice, but FIRST and foremost, that he live to have the opportunity to come to know Christ. If this man does not come to know Jesus and repent, what awaits him is far more painful than any court of law could do to him. Also, pray that the victims and their families are able to love and forgive this man. This tragedy will only be overcome with love and forgiveness. Until hurt and anger go away, the enemy wins. Pray for all, including the gunman.
11/6/2009 8:52:24 AM
Ernie United States
Ernie
LORD, please pray for all the people at Ft. Hood and for all our service men and women around the world.
11/6/2009 11:04:50 AM
Dawn United States
Dawn
I have to say that when I heard the news, I was reminded when I was active duty and what was expected of me every day, even after a tragedy like this.  The person that committed these horrible acts is one that many developed different levels of relationships with over the years.  As an active duty member, we are taught to respect our superiors and trust them with our life.  Please, do not let this be a lesson to never trust again.  And please do not be afraid.  God said in Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding".  There are often times when something horrible challenges our faith.  And our gracious father allows the choice: the road of faith or the road of fear.  My precious brothers and sisters, I am standing in the gaps praying that this is not something that leads you down the road of fear, but rather the road of faith. For you to always know that God is there and knows His plans for us. God sent his son for us, and named him Emmanuel for reasons such as this.  Always know that "God is with us".  Love in Christ.
11/6/2009 11:05:46 AM
Esther Flores United States
Esther Flores
What I think happened is the guy who did it was about to get deployed and didn't want to go so he did a shooting spree. I have two brothers in the military and I also work at Ft. Sam with the wounded warriors and I know that once you go to war you will never come back the same...Yes we have to pray!!! The guy probably did it so that he could be shot at and be taken down and get out of the military. Especially because when you go overesea's it's harsh out there. But let's remember to pray for everyone including the one who did it! Just remember one thing the military is not made to KILL!!! Thankyou Jesus for saving the lives that you did...-Esther Marie-
11/15/2009 11:46:29 AM
Armymom United States
Armymom
My heart goes out to the many soldiers, civilians, and family members hurt by the recent shooting at Ft. Hood.  As a mother of a courageous young man who choose to serve his country by joining the army, I pray for each of you.  Please pray for all the enlisted young men and women who serve our great country.