So, you've bought the candy, flowers and made dinner reservations for this Valentines Day weekend - but what about your breath? No worries ... bad breath expert Dr. Harold Katz joins us this morning with some helpful tips.
- Avoid milk chocolate: The combo of dairy proteins and sugar fuels bad breath bacteria. Dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate is a much better choice.
- No onions, garlic, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussel sprouts: all of these veggies contain a high concentration of sulfur compounds, similar to the chemicals produced by bad breath bugs.
- Drink plenty of water - the less dry your mouth, the fresher your breath.
- Drink tea instead of coffee
- Avoid sugar as much as possible. Sugar feeds the bad breath. Look for sugar-free gum and mints
To get to know Dr. Katz better, click here.