Feb 19 2010

SuperNanny - Jo Frost

You know her as the "Super Nanny" from the hit TV series of the same name - Jo Frost joined us this morning to share not only how she became the Super Nanny, but about one of her real passions of helping parents who have children with asthma.  Jo was diagnosed with asthma when she was 5, so it's a topic that is very personal to here.  To learn more about this subject, check out Jo's website that is dedicated to helping parents with children with asthma.

2/19/2010 7:33:54 AM
Anna United States
Anna
OH MY GOSH! I just LOVE Jo! I want to go up to her and give her the biggest bear hug ever!!!
I LOVE YOU JO!
2/19/2010 7:46:01 AM
melissa galindo United States
melissa galindo
I love Super Nanny.  Jo is such a big help to all of us parents who struggle with parenting.  I am a parent with a strongwilled child.  God will break her and I believe with love from her parents she will change forever.  I look forward to checking out Jo's website.  I believe God put her on the radio today to minister to those parents who are struggling which is almost everyone.
Thanks Jo for being on the Klove show
2/19/2010 7:47:43 AM
Pamala United States
Pamala
I just love nanny Jo! I grew up with an English nanny myself, and when my niece and her husband needed help with their two rambunctious out of control kids, I told her to watch this show and read the book, since this is the way I was brought up by my Nanny. They implemented what they saw, and the kids went from being kicked out of school to being straight A students. My niece and her husband finally felt like they were the adults and in control. I went to visit about a year later, and in the family room was THE chart of expectations and outcomes and THE list of rules (there were no sad faces on the chart by the way). They had small and large wish jars where they could pick the rewards from, too. I really appreciate what you are doing for parents who are at wit's end. I also really appreciate how you teach control of the situation without hitting! YES!! You rock, nanny Jo!
2/19/2010 8:01:09 AM
Jennifer Sanchez United States
Jennifer Sanchez
Thanks Jo.  My kids have both been diagnosed with asthma.  My daughter is 7 and was diagnosed several years ago and my son is 5 and was diagnosed a few years ago.  We have been having major disussions in our house recently about this topic.  I think my daughter is growing out of asthma.  I want to stop her asthma medication and see if she can do fine without it.  My husband and some doctors have suggested keeping them on the meds.  The last time we were in the doctor's office my daughter's lungs were totally clear.  I think this is a perfect time to either wean her off of the meds or stop them altogether.  Does anyone agree?  I would love some advice on this.  Is there anyone out there that thinks people (including kids) are being over-medicated in this day and age?  Does anyone else out there think kids are becoming reliant on medications because us adults "think" they need them?  Does anyone else think the reason us adults are giving kids medication when it is not necessary is partially due to fear at times?  I am of the mindset that if my child is coughing due to a cold or minor asthma, I want them to rest, not to fill up on medications so they can keep pushing through their day.  It is a fine line, but I would really like to see if there is anyone out there that even partially agrees with me.  Thanks.  Jennifer in Montana.
2/19/2010 8:03:50 PM
Bill Young Dominican Republic
Bill Young
The program takes you by the hand, and guides you step-by-step, showing you exactly how to quickly set up your very own Internet Business, and potentially make MORE money than you ever though possible!  Look and discover how you can “test drive” this proven system.  Go to:  http://linkcloak.com/NX1
2/21/2010 12:09:02 AM
Alison United States
Alison
Yes!  Jennifer.  My daughter, age 5, developed Asthma at age 2 and has been on Pulmocort since then.  She only starts wheezing when she is sick.  At first the doctors wanted her on it 2-3 times a day during the cold season but we have decided that she only does it at the first sign of a cold.  She does seem to be growing out of it as well.  My son, age 2, was just diagnosed with Crohn's last month and he has been on 2 medications to get his inflamation down. I hope again that we will be able to stop altogether as I hate medication.  Especially anything long term.
2/21/2010 12:50:07 AM
pimple treatment Spain
pimple treatment
Thanks to discuss about this issue. I got many new info here.
keep posting and happy writing.

regards
Dave
2/21/2010 1:12:26 AM
pimple treatment Armenia
pimple treatment
Thanks to discuss about this issue. I got many new info here.
keep posting and happy writing.

regards
Dave
2/23/2010 1:55:10 AM
Magazine subscriptions United Kingdom
Magazine subscriptions
I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
2/24/2010 9:23:47 PM
Hyun Kujath Australia
Hyun Kujath
Hello, You write some very informative blogs. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. I saw this very same blog at <a href="http://www.article-pie.com/">http://www.article-pie.com/</a>;  keep on blogging!
2/24/2010 9:29:25 PM
Sharri Korf Australia
Sharri Korf
Good morning, You write some very interesting blogs. I always check back here often to see if you have updated.
2/25/2010 4:13:13 PM
news article Australia
news article
Good afternoon, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone actually wrote an article about your blogging. I really hope it gives you that little boost to become the internet's blogging Guru. Anyway good luck with the future, I am a big fan of yours and hope you do well.   Here is the URL of the article: http://www.article-pie.com/
2/26/2010 2:33:04 AM
emma watson pics United Kingdom
emma watson pics
That was a really interesting read.
2/26/2010 7:09:15 PM
Ty Parga Australia
Ty Parga
Good afternoon, This is an exceptional summary, I located your website checking google for a similar topic and found this. I couldnt find too much other information and facts on this posting, so it was wonderful to discover this one. I will probably end up being returning to look at some other articles that you have written another time.
3/1/2010 3:24:54 AM
Fatcow Review United States
Fatcow Review
Should I get a VPS? Currently I am using godaddy but they keep shutting me down because of high server load. Im getting about 3,000 unique views a day. What brand should I get?
12/13/2010 8:01:46 AM
Jennifer Sanchez United States
Jennifer Sanchez
I am writing again because I would like to see if anyone else out there is not agreeing with what their children's pediatricians are telling them?  Does anyone else think doctors are overmedicating children (and adults)?  Does anyone else think we could solve our own problems if we just ate better and made better choices in our lives?  I am writing this because I have recently been trying to cook with less wheat, gluten, peanuts, etc. and I am finding that my son's asthma problems seem to be decreasing in the last couple of weeks.  Currently he is taking two puffs of flovent twice per day.  My goal is for him to eventually not be on any meds.  I would like this to happen sooner than later, and that is one of the main reasons I am trying to cook better/smarter. Has anyone else gone up and down the isles in the stores and read the labels like me?  I was angry to find wheat/gluten in so many products!!  The last time we went to the pulmonologist he told us if my son's symptoms don't get better that he will increase the meds.  I am determined to find another way other than medicating my child.  He has stayed home from school more too for rest (which i feel is very necessary for healing).  The thing that got me started on this new thinking process is my own program I am working.  Feel free to ask me more if you are intersted.  I believe we are to lead by example as parents.  It's the "do as I do", not "as I say" method.
4/5/2011 9:43:12 AM