Feb 19 2010

The Love Dare Difference

It's hard to believe this 40 day journey we've been on called "The Love Dare" has come to end!  The response from K-LOVE listeners has been amazing.  Along the way we heard stories of heartache, redemption, hope and healing.  Some have told us they are not ending the Love Dare - but plan to keep it going.  We also know that for many this was challenging and hard.  We hope and pray that wherever you were at the outset of this journey, that you and your relationships have changed for the better as a result of taking the Love Dare.

So if you joined us in the Love Dare, what difference did it make your life?  In your relationship? Let us know ...

2/15/2010 4:16:35 AM
Sara United States
Sara
The Love Dare was amazing, I had been praying for my Husband and our marriage, for God's help in knowing what to do about the trouble we were having. Then one day I got in the car to go to work and there you were talking about the Love Dare it was day 1. I knew it was my answer so I started at day one. It has made a huge difference , my husband and I have not even had an argument for this whole time, I know I will continue the dare for the rest of my days. I kept a journal each day of the scripture and dare and then my feeling about it and the changes I was seeing. Then on day 40 I gave my husband the journal as a valentines day gift. He was both surprised and touched that I had done this. It was an amazing journey that has just begun. With God as our guide I know we can't go wrong.
2/15/2010 4:52:37 AM
denise United States
denise
I got stuck on day 27 for a few days as god worked on me. I so loved this journey.
2/15/2010 5:17:53 AM
charlotte merriman United States
charlotte merriman
good morning, i listen to k-love all the time, i was not able to particpate in the dare. you see i am just divorced, from a VERY abusive marraige, for 39yrs i was verbaly and emoitional abused,beleive me i tried everything to keep it together, until he asked me to do things that , i know,had i done them i could not have lived with myself. so why do you not have something for people like us. i look forward to my k-love's word everyday, that helps me a lot.
2/15/2010 6:10:34 AM
Alexis United States
Alexis
It was an amazing journey. The difference it has made for me is that I now have "instructions" on how to bring God into our relationship. Thank you guys for doing The Love Dare. It was an absolutly priceless gift.
2/15/2010 6:11:12 AM
Cindy H United States
Cindy H
When I first started the Love Dare, I was truly interested in my relationship with my husband and my kids.  I have great relationships with them, but I am the type that thinks there is always something to fix...some way to make things better.
What I found, for me, was that this isn't about my relationship with them.  This became about my relationship with God.  He is who I need to focus on and allow more deeply into my life.  From that place, I will be a better mate, mother, and friend.  God bless!
2/15/2010 6:42:34 AM
Crystal Wagner United States
Crystal Wagner
My husband and I seperated in October.  We started counseling with our church and also started doing the Love Dare.  It has opened our eyes to so much.  We ended by going to a Valentine's Marriage Conference on Valentine's weekend.  Thank you for your encouragement each day with this dare.  We plan to start over and do it again.  This has brought us back together physical, spiritually, and mentally.  Thank you KLove.
2/15/2010 6:47:57 AM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
The day we started the love dare was the day after my husband left me without warning. What a wakeup call. I have to admit that this love dare has helped me tremendously focus on what I am fighting for. Yesterday being day 40 was my "deadline" that I set for myself, but I am now realizing it is just the beginning. We are still on a huge rollercoaster, but I see God working in me and my husband, and my hope is that he will some day return to me if it is God's will, which I believe it to be! Thank you so much KLOVE for the opportunity to participate and it couldnt have come at a better time. GOD SPEAKS!
2/15/2010 7:19:59 AM
Jennifer Scheps Uzbekistan
Jennifer Scheps
Hey you guys!!  The idea of the love dare was GREAT, especially around Valentines month!  I do have to say every single day I peeked at the challenges.
I always listen to you and am soooo thankful that I can listen on-line.  I am in Georgia, Atlanta and from Oshkosh, WI. We got to go to Charle Stanleys church at The First Baptist Atlanta! My uncle lives down here. Sometime times its hard bein with family because you always get frustrated with the little stuff!! The one day that I did look at was day 39, it was incredible!!  It gave me the real sight in REAL love!  God really does love me and I need to learn how to love the same. John 13:35.  So even if grandpa does this or that, I shouldn't get mad!  I love you guys in Christs love and God bless you!!!
Jen!!
2/15/2010 7:22:24 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
I didn't know that you were doing this, and only began this on my own last week and was very suprised and blessed to see how the first three days have affected, not only,my relationship with my husband but my attitude toward him and God. And in turn the entire atmosphere of our home, even with the children. I'm so excited to see how this progresses over the next few weeks. God is so very good.
2/15/2010 7:25:05 AM
Aubrie United States
Aubrie
I did the Love Dare challenge without my husband's knowledge, and I LOVED it! My husband and I have been married since May 2009 and we have had a wonderful marriage so far. But at the same time, since we have been married such a short time, I felt that the Love Dare helped me to become a better wife, allowing me to learn these ways to love - skipping the many years it takes others to learn these things. I love that the Christian community is that way - we can share our wisdom with each other, instead of learning everything the hard and long way! My husband noticed many of the Dares I did that were an outward sign of love and was incredibly thankful for the things I did. Throughout the 40 days, I journaled on each dare, and I gave this journal to him last night, after completing the final dare. He was absolutely stunned and grateful and amazed that I would do that for him. His reaction to the things that I did and the intentionality I put forth in loving him helped me to get past some of the self-esteem issues I have had in our marriage so far - I have often struggled with thinking that I am not a good enough wife for my husband and that he might wish I was better (though I know in my heart that is false!). Since the beginning of the Love Dare challenge, I have had far fewer bouts of this self-deprecating attitude. We have started praying together and our intimacy has increased immeasurably throughout this journey. Thank you K-Love for going on this journey with me. The Love Dare has made an eternal difference in many marriages. Be encouraged that it was worth it!
2/15/2010 7:41:42 AM
Alberta Cornell United States
Alberta Cornell
The Movie Fire Proof and the love dare has saved my marriage. My husband and I were about to call our marrige of 34 years to an end when out pastor told us to see Fire Proof and we took the Love Dare. Between the movie and the Dare I can say God Grace and Blessing have been just over flowing. We both have a new understand of what Gods Commitment and our love means to each of us.
Thank you for doing it on the radio it was a reminder to us and we know it has blessed many.
I think the whole world should see fire Proof and do the love dare.
2/15/2010 8:06:44 AM
free United States
free
i learned the key to freedom is JESUS-the circumstances that are in front of me are challenging but won't break me-re-reading love dare day 25 has helped me realize i am only hurting myself if i don't let go-this one is hard to shallow but i am replacable to my hubby but his family isn't-blood is thicker than water-to keep the peace i need to keep quite-i can't fight with my hubby because of what his family says and does-in order for my marriage to work i need to work on myself-have a tough skin-and not hold people in my prison-but most of all look at my hubbys' good positive side and let go of the negative side-we do pray together as a family-we do read the bible together-and we teach our kids the most important thing and that is the commandment that JESUS gave us to love one another as HE loves us.
2/15/2010 8:32:33 AM
Viki Parker United States
Viki Parker
Dear Lisa and Eric,
   Thank you for conducting the LOVE DARE! It has allowed me to forgive my former spouse for physically abusing my daughter, and I have forgiven him, too. For Valentine's Day, I sent him the LOVE DARE book and Fireproof movie in hopes that he will know the "Love" extended to all of us by our Lord and Savior. Yes, I made my fair share of mistakes in our marriage, but now I know how to move on with a better understanding of what "LOVE" means and how to share it with others. God bless your radio ministry as it has helped me through a difficult year and a half in my life.
Sincerely,
Viki Parker
K-LOVE Supporter, Akron, CO
2/15/2010 9:06:35 AM
claudia flores United States
claudia flores
The love dare was the most fun and exciting journey my husband and I have been on so far. We have only been married for 6 months, but it already seems like its been 20 years. ( in a good way of course) I know a lot of people say that we are in the honeymoon phase and that it will pass. But the reality of it is, that its not the honeymoon phase but the grace of God that keeps our love alive and I do believe he will keep it this way for all our lives. I would email my husband a copy of the love dare every morning and each day we would strive to do what the teaching said to do. It was comical because a lot of the dares were things we already did which made the dare even more fun to anticipate. But what i truly loved was the reaction that I would get from my husband every morning when he read the love dare and accepted its challenge. He embraced every one with love and commitment.

The love dare strengthened our relationships with Christ as well as with each other. I truly recommend everyone to do it!!!
2/15/2010 10:27:41 AM
Reggie United States
Reggie
very greatful to klove for starting the love dare on here. made me see just how selfish i was wit my love to my girlfriend and the people in my life. i now show respect,understanding that love never fails,we just get cot up in ourself to eazy. i made a vow to myself to let all wrongs go and only see the good in others,to show the love that jesus did and still does for all of us.
had my 1 year anniversary on valentines took me 3 days to set it all up,but made it a day she will never forget. the best part i really enjoyed making the stuff cause it all was from the heart and taking the time to show her how much i love her.    thanks klove
2/15/2010 10:43:07 AM
carol bontrager United States
carol bontrager
Thank you for posting the 40 day Love Dare.  I have really grown in knowledge from reading this daily, and ordered books for my married adult children and gave to them for valentine's day.   What a great tool for all marriages.   My husband and I are divorcing at this time and for various reasons we cannot be reconcilled for which I am very saddened but my hope is that we will always remain at the forefront for our children and grandchildren.  Marriage is the most wonderful union intended by God; we are not intended to be alone.
2/15/2010 12:28:29 PM
Carrie Tassin United States
Carrie Tassin
I did the love dare without my husband knowing.  We have an amazing relationship with each other as well as with God but I always know there is room for improvement!  I learned a great deal about myself and how I treat my husband during these 40 days!  I kept a blog about it all and then printed it out and gave it to him yesterday for Valentine's Day.  He was proud of me and is excited to try it out himself!
2/15/2010 12:56:14 PM
Maleyna Maricich United States
Maleyna Maricich
my boyfreind and i did the Love Dare together. it really helped us get off to a good start in our relationship. we now have promise rings for eachother and will be getting engaged within the year. this love Dare helped us learn how to start our marriage off right and keep it going strong til death do us part!
2/15/2010 12:56:48 PM
Maleyna Maricich United States
Maleyna Maricich
2/15/2010 1:38:29 PM
TJones United States
TJones
Thank you so much for leading in the Love Dare. I already had/have a wonderful marriage of 22 years, this just added something special to it. I learned so much about myself and my husband on this journey.  Thank you again.
2/15/2010 3:13:35 PM
Debra Reed United States
Debra Reed
We have always had a good relationship (26 years)
the love dare has taught me to be more aware of my husbands feelings. It felt good doing things for him and watching his reactions. God is good.
2/15/2010 5:41:40 PM
Patsy United States
Patsy
Doing the Love Dare has made a huge difference and for the better in my marriage. My marriage was going through a very difficult situation as the devil was doing his best to pull us apart at just 2 months of marriage. WE have been together for 5 years and have 2 chidren plus 2 more from my previous marriage. Through the Love Dare, my husband saw the difference in me and although he wasnt doing the challenges with me, it changed him too. Our relationship is  stronger than it was the day we said I do and our family is a happier, emotionally a healthier one with the Lord guiding us in all we do. Thank you for you daily encouragement and for sharing the Love Dare.
2/16/2010 3:21:11 AM
Michael Corbin United States
Michael Corbin
Actually the more i put into the Love Dare, the further from me my wife fled. It seemed like it was making a difference, that God was working, But it was only a bigger let down. I have filed for seperation, so i can ensure access to my newborn daughter, I have until tomorrow to serve her the papers or cancel the filing. She has only shown me more reasons not to trust her or wait any longer. I keep praying with all my heart that God will give me some sign of anything other than divorce, which he despises, yet All i get is ignored and mistreated, i hope everyday that God will show his hand and there will be even a glint of reason for me to hold off. She has said I can go over there for an hour, if she lets me know when, but She is so angry, I don't feel safe there, and everyone i have talked to has told me it is a bad idea for me to go over there, since it is just her and her mother and she and i have no recourse against any slander they cast, they can make up anything they want, right now the law is on my side and they know it, and they seem desperate to keep absolute control of Zoe. I wish to trust, I wish to show Shira I still Love her more than anything, I have provided everything, and i have gotten nothing for it, she has ignored everything we had discussed before and she is doing her best to use Zoe as a means of control (which she claims she wants nothing to do with me) and to inflict pain, and she won't even try to see how not being with my daughter is destroying me, she has no empathy at all.Help me anyone. Please pray. This is the final hour, I have to have some sort of answer.
2/16/2010 4:28:45 AM
Gayle United States
Gayle
I just completed the 40 day love dare this am my computer was down this weekend. Have been seperated since Nov/08 . I was encourged by my niece to do this and I am thankful she did so. I learned so much and has impacted my heart . Even though we are seperated it is not something that only God alone can repair. From what I have learned from this HE can repair . I am in counseling now with a faith based counsler. Along with Love Dare, K love station , family, friends  and my church all things are possible with GOD. Making a commitment to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to honor God in this matter is the major point I had to come to.
Thanks
2/16/2010 4:29:33 AM
Larry Sumpter United States
Larry Sumpter
I thought that this would be easy.  I thought that I had learned how to be a great husband and that most of the problems that we were having was becaus she did not understand or that she was unreasonable.  Well I learned that I still have a lot to learn.  Some of the dares was hard to get past.  I mean I was stuck on number 1 for a couple of days.  Wow what perspective you can get and growth that comes from The Love Dare.
2/16/2010 5:17:38 AM
Anonymous United States
Anonymous
Like Kirk Cameron's character, I had grown cold and distant towards my husband and began turning to other idols in my life to fulfill the gaping hole in my marriage and relationship with God. When he walked out and announced he wanted a divorce, I was shocked and had to face the reality of what I had been doing.  By seeking God first and foremost and spending time with Him daily, He began to turn my heart back to Him, and miraculously, filled my heart with love for my husband, who I had "fallen out of love" with years earlier.  I took a stand for my marriage to be restored, even though my husband wanted no part of it. Watching the Fireproof movie a few months into our separation just intensified my stand for my marriage and bolstered the steadfast love that God was supplying me with.

Despite the impossible circumstances, my marriage was restored after a year-long separation and we have recently relocated to a new country for a fresh start where we can focus on one another and hopefully do it the right way this time...with Christ as the center.  I listen to K-Love online and hearing the 40 Day Love Dare challenge was a great reminder for me as to why I'm here, sometimes feeling very alone, in this foreign country. That even when it's hard to forgive and move forward, I can rejoice in knowing that the last time I heard the 40 challenges, I was crying out to Him to heal my dead marriage. And that He did!
2/16/2010 8:16:34 AM
Melissa C United States
Melissa C
My husband and I have been married less than a year, and we've had a lot go on in such a short time, it was causing friction in our new marriage. When I heard The Love Dare on KLOVE, around day 27, I knew this was just what we needed. My husband and I are working our way through the Love Dare together. And the hour or so at night reading, praying, and talking has been just the thing our relationship needed. It's something I definately look forward to each night and hope to continue even after the Dare is finished!
2/16/2010 11:22:31 AM
Anne & Brian United States
Anne & Brian
As the KLOVE listeners end their Love Dare challenge, we are just beginning ours.  As Christians practicing the traditions of the Roman Catholic faith, we could find no better 40-day period to do the challenge than LENT.  While we party and get crazy tonight on this FAT TUESDAY, we will watch the movie, FIREPROOF and begin our challenge tomorrow (Ash Wednesday),  BTW - we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversay in May! Please pray for us.  A&B
2/16/2010 11:30:08 AM
Megan United States
Megan
My fiancé and I did the love dare as a means to better learn what it means to be in a Christ-centered relationship. Every day we completed the love dare (when appropriate) and then discussed it and/or wrote about it. During the 40 days God has really grown us and brought great healing to our pasts and renewal and hope for the future. Really, our relationship is here because of God and our story is a great testimony to God's love, deliverance, and providence. I could go on and on...but will leave you with my last journal entry to my fiancé...hopefully this will give you an idea of God's work:

Dear Beloved,

Over 40 days ago we started this journey. I think in 40 days a lot has happened. There has been tears, wise counsel, forgiveness, and growth in understanding what it means to be in a Christ-centered relationship. I will never forget the night at coffee when I told you I wanted a Christ-centered relationship and you said that was something you were open to and wanted as well! We didn’t know what that looked like, but we were willing to try and live-it out…and this 40 day love dare is just a reflection of that promise we made together. I feel as though the love dare has helped define the love and the marriage covenant from a Godly and biblical perspective. Some things we already knew…already practiced…and were just able to read the scripture about it. Some things surprised us...and we prayed that we would be able to withstand the difficulties that we may face in our marriage. And some things refreshed us. But at the end of it all…come what may…we can stand firm in knowing that we are building a foundation on God, and that, on that foundation we will stand firm and together  in our knowledge of Godly love.
  I hope you’ve enjoyed reading some of my journey…although I only wrote on about half the dares. But even though I didn’t always write on them I read them and tried to incorporate them, when appropriate, into our lives.
  And in the end, I just want to say thank you! Thank you for reflecting the love of God into our relationship. Thank you for allowing me to experience being loved in a way that I have never experienced from another human. Thank you for being a man of character and integrity. Thank you for making me feel safe and valued. Thank you for choosing us. Thank you for being the man that I will proudly walk hand-in-hand for the rest of my life. You are my best friend, my soul mate, and my forever.
I promise to remind myself of this dare throughout the rest of our lives…maybe one day we can revisit it together and look back on our journey. And above all else I promise to seek God first and you second. I promise to love you with everything I am and be your partner for life. There is no end to our journey my love…how blessed we are to seek God’s guidance as we strive to better know this form of forever love that God has called us to.

Love, your Beloved
2/17/2010 6:01:07 AM
Brett Messinger United States
Brett Messinger
Let me first say to Michael C. your post is the only one I read while just quickly glancing through.  I am praying for you dude!  God make make the confusing clear and the dark into light.  Be there for my Friend in Jesus, Michael C.  Now my story, I am seperated from my Wife since just before the Love Dare started on KLove.  I was so angery with her I was at the end of my rope.  I wanted her to hurt like I did so I just told her it was over and I am leaving and I left her and my three kids with her. And not days after I left you guys started the love dare and from day one I have felt convicted for my sins against God and my own family.  But as my heart was turned one way my wifes heart was turning the other and now I find myself in the position of wanting to resolve our issues and she just does not see how that can happen.  She thinks I'm a liar and a false witness.  I don't blaime her for feeling that way at all so I'm trying to arrange counciling for us and the family to help resolve these things.  The thing is she wants me to change who I am and then she will accept me back and not until then.  But I am not who she portrays me as and as long as there is a checklist for me I can not return, that is what frustraited me in the first place.  Love is not a checklist.  Love is a movie of lives being tied together by God's wounderful gift.  And if she can't love me through my flaws I guess we are doomed to never be back together and that is my greatest fear.  So, I gave her a copy of the Love Dare and got myself one as well.  I am reading it now she has yet to touch hers.  I have also taken the advice of the Fly Lady on keeping the sink clean.  So when I'm at the house I always do the dishes before I leave and clean the sink.  Please pray for some reconcilation in my marriage.  I really need as much prayer as possible.
2/17/2010 7:17:18 AM
Anonymous United States
Anonymous
Brett, as you can see from my previous post, I was in your shoes. This is the daily devotional from Rejoice Marriage Ministries that helped me the most in my "stand" for my marriage to be healed:

Subscribe and be encouraged each day in how to fight for the healing of your marriage!
2/17/2010 7:35:13 AM
Sheryl
Sheryl
Thank you KLove for doing the Love Dare! I think you ought to do the Love Dare every year around Valentine's Day! I think every couple should do the Love Dare at least once a year...whether they are contemplating divorce...or whether they are newlyweds...or whether they've been married forever...or anywhere in between!

My husband and I just got married 6 months ago. I listened to the Love Dare on KLove and occasionally did the ones I heard, but unfortunately, most times I missed it. But I didn't want to miss out on this great opportunity! So for Valentine's Day, I was inspired to buy the Love Dare and FireProof and presented it to my husband.

We sat and watched the movie together. And started doing the Love Dare to each other the next day. It has only been 3 days, but already I can see that it is going to make a huge change in how we think about the other person, instead of thinking about ourselves. We are both 100% on board with it, and we can't wait to see what wonderful things this will do for our new marriage!

Ours is a second marriage, and as I watched Fireproof, I couldn't help but wish I had known about the Love Dare before my first marriage ended.  It is an amazing opportunity that I think could save a lot of marriages in our country where divorce seems so common place these days.

If I could say one thing to people who are considering divorce...it is this: Divorce may SEEM like the easy way out...and like the grass is greener on the other side. But having been through a divorce that was not my choice...that is absolutely NOT the case. It would have been much easier to work on the marriage, than to end it.

Divorce is an absolute nightmare. Not just for a year or two, but the pain will always remain in your heart forever. And if children are involved, your selfishness is ruining their lives. And the lives of all your family members, too. It is truly the most difficult thing you will ever go through in your entire life. Nothing about divorce is nice or fun. It is absolutely nightmarish.

Do yourself a favor before you consider divorce (unless abuse is involved)...give it 40 days, watch the movie FireProof, and then try the Love Dare and see if it doesn't change your marriage. Because I bet it will, and you will be so glad that you didn't get a divorce, but stayed together, just like God intended.

Never give up! It is never too late!
2/17/2010 7:38:09 AM
Amy United States
Amy
I have to say that the Love Dare event has been so phenominal to so many people and I'm wondering why it has to end.  Isn't there some way that this could be cyclical so that it is always running and starting over every 40 days?  I am asking this because of the long-term effects this could have on the children of these couples.  Imagine!  And, if only one member of the couple did the Love Dare this time, it's possible the difference has such an impact that the other member would want to take the Love Dare, too.  It would be like Weight Watchers...LOL...the weight of the relationship ills would fall away.

Please, consider running the program again.  I know you could keep it available on the webpage, but it's not as powerful as if it is continually discussed on air.

Thank you, thank you, for all you do to bring God's grace into our daily lives.

2/17/2010 7:41:58 AM
Dave Storm United States
Dave Storm
The Love Dare has ment many things to me starting out with how could this strengthen my marriage. It then went to what could this do to strenghthen my role as a loving father and finally it allowed me to be a more loving person and to accept situations that I was closing my eyes to and to see with my heart and less with my eyes and earthly feelings. How that has altered my feelings and judgements.How I am such a Blessed person for everyone in my life but to understand I am really blessed to have God as the navagator in my travels through life on earth that eventually takes me to my eternal life (God is Great all the time).
2/17/2010 7:53:23 AM
Devynne Wilson United States
Devynne Wilson
Lisa & Eric,

Thank you for starting the Love Dare! I actually started and finished the Love Dare about a year ago and kept it from my boyfriend. I did finish it, but I really don't think things changed and if they did they only changed for the day of the dare or for a few days after.

When I heard that you were doing it I wanted to try and do it again, but this time I wanted things to be different.I began praying about it and believe that God was directing me in a different way than I thouht he was. I have 2 great friends Marni and Amanda and we had begun to grow apart and not talk much anymore - it was more of Marni and I instead of the "3 Amigas". None of us really knew what happened, we weren't happy about it, but no one was doing anything to make it different. So I decided that this would be a good time to try and mend our relationship. We started the Love Dare 5 weeks ago-we only do 4 Dare's a week and then we come together on Sunday and meet for an hour or two to discuss our week and how we accomplished each Dare. We are not doing this specifically for our significant others, but just for our lives in general and there has been such a great improvement in our friendship as well as our own personal lives.

I am very thankful for the Love Dare and how it is changing my life for the better and bringing my friends and I closer. My boyfriend and I have now started to do the 365 Love Dare journey and it is improving our relationship.
2/17/2010 7:59:56 AM
Lori Sutherland United States
Lori Sutherland
I did the love dare with the thought of healing my family and my marriage. My daughter was a partner with me as someone to stand in agreement. In the beginning we saw great changes in our home and everyones attitudes. It was great, and I know that all will be well again. God has blessed us with a healing that can not be taken away. However as with every blessing there is a test (read Exodus), or satan will step in to steal your joy (Ephesians 6:11-12, or both. I encourage everyone who did the love dare to remember this and put on the armour of God (Epesians 6:10-18) and stand stong when things seem to be back to the way they were or even worse. God has placed you securely on this rock of healing and with faith and trust in His work, it is done.I write this to encourage you and myself as the situation in my house has become worse and we are stuggling to stand firm, but daily I put on the armour of God and prayerfully stand on His truth. I have used this method to get us through a seperation, teen issues and every other trial that has come our way since we accepted Christ and invited HIm into our life and He has always remained faithful. I pray for you all that you too will learn to use these powerful tools God has given to you and recieve all He has to give you.
2/17/2010 9:53:26 AM
Robert Smith Jr United States
Robert Smith Jr
God has bless Me and my wife Suzanne so much over the past year I have step in to the youth pastor at church and we been moving on for God. But last year we hit some bad time in our marriage and did not know if we was going to make it. Then a church in town did a date night for a Firefighter,EMS, Police officer. So we when and they had nice meal and we watch the move Fire Proof. I know after that night that we could work thing out and with the Lord help we did work thing out. We did the fourty day love dare. We plan to renew our value this June. I had thought I knew what love was but I was wrong. So I was looking for a other devotions book for us to do this year and I found THE LOVE DARE DAY BY DAY A YEAR OF DEVOTIONS FOR COUPLES. These is so good me and my wife loved this book.
2/17/2010 10:52:32 AM
Angie Dee United States
Angie Dee
Hi what was the scripture given on February 14, 2010?
2/17/2010 11:40:29 AM
Shel United States
Shel
I am now on day 42 of the love dare! It has been an amazing wake up call for me and my problems of not knowing what God expected from me.  Now I know, however, my husband has decided to move out. He states it isn't fair for him to string me along thinking we may be able to work it out when he has feelings for another wonan.  My shattered heart has now been ground to dust. He states he still love me....but what does that mean.  I guess I will continue to be faithful in my prayers and continuing to do the love dare.  All of your prayers are still needed! God Bless You All!
2/17/2010 1:04:36 PM
Linda MG United States
Linda MG
This is for Charlotte Merriman, who posted much earlier. Dont know if you will see this, but..you said you left 39-yr marriage after much abuse.  I just wanted to say God bless you my dear and I do hope LIfe is much better now. What strength it must have taken to finally leave.  And what courage it also took to stay in a marriage of such abuse.  Many would not have held out as long as you did.  You must be an amazing woman.  My heart is so touched by your story.
2/17/2010 9:33:23 PM
Taylor United States
Taylor
I just wanted to say to the single,or maybe even separated or divorced people, or people who just haven't met the right person yet that the love dare could be just as if not more beneficial to you. I grew up not ever seeing what a true relationship was. I thought marriage was just arguing and hurting each other but that was normal. And this was beginning to show through for me at a young age in my relationships as well and its caused a lot of pain. I think If God hasn't put the right person in your life yet, or if it wasn't his will for you to be with who you were previously with, what a great time to practice these 40 challenges in your everyday relationships so when a romantic relationship does present itself you can be ready from the beginning. The love dare was such a perfect model and guide for anyone who is unfamiliar with how to have a God centered relationship, we can't do, or fix, or make good relationships on our own, we need God and we need to practice love the way God made it not the way the world says it is, and this is a wonderful wonderful way to learn how to do that and better ourselves, our personal relationship with God, and all of our relationships. I did the love dare and so far it has been a blessing in my relationship and in my heart, I plan on doing it again and again. Thanks for being such an awesome encouraging experience.
2/18/2010 7:08:42 AM
Heather United States
Heather
I am on day 6 of the love dare.  I followed along on the days I was able to catch the love dare on the radio.  I watched Fireproof two weeks before I heard you talk about it on the radio.  I am trying to get my life and my marriage back together. Before I watched Fireproof I really was thinking that divorce was the only option. I thought that I had forgave him more times than I should and found that everyday there was more stuff going on that need to be forgave. I am praying daily for myself and my husband.  I have started trying to get my children and myself to church every Sunday but have not been able to get my husband to go.  This is a daily blessing.  I really enjoy the book and the scripture. I will post again after my 40 days.  PLEASE K-LOVE FAMILY PRAY FOR MY FAMILY.  I do not believe in divorce and have tried all that I thought was possible to save us.  Boy was I wrong. I do know now what was missing in my life is the strong realationship with God.  I also know that in order for this to work I need my husband to accept christ back into his life.

Thank you for the encouragement.

A desperate wife and mother.
2/18/2010 7:09:57 AM
Christian Jameson-Odom United States
Christian Jameson-Odom
I never got to do this. I would have loved to because during the time that it was going on, my husband and I were going through a  really stressful time. Is there a way that I can still try this? I believe that it will make a difference in our lives. We need all the help we can get. I am a 20 year old mother of one with another on the way. My husband is only 21 and we have been married for nearly two years. So, help is something that we ask for a lot. I was so desperate to try this, but didn't know where to look, so I asked my pastor if he know of anything similar that would help. The only thing so far is that we have come to understand how we love each other differently, and that alone has made a difference in how we spend time together. Please get back to me or say something on the radio that will help me out. I really would like the opportunity to do this. We would both appreciate it.
2/18/2010 7:21:06 AM
Jessica United States
Jessica
The Love Dare is an AMAZING tool for single or couples alike.  I am a single of mother.  My heart was broken by a man who claimed to love me but left me while I was 4 months pregnant with our son.  I am still single-with a 5 month old son.  I did the Love Dare so that when I am ready to be a special someone, I will be the BEST special someone I can be.  The dare reminded me daily that just because I may be single or alone today here on earth- GOD loves me every day!  His love has seen me through some sad days and he sings with me on the good ones!  I recommend this to any couple before they make a marriage commitment-and then do  it again and again in the years to come.

2/18/2010 7:23:23 AM
june United States
june
This is for Charlotte Merriman (on Feb 15th)
My heart hurts.  The abuse is sooo damaging to us as woman, and we always think our life will get better over time.    I had to make a drastic change in my life......even left with my children at night, and started life again in a shelter.   There I discovered Celebrate Recovery......it originates at Saddleback Church in California.   My pain was greater than my fear, and I became ready to give my life to Jesus.  When I became so empty, God had room to come in and begin healing me!   Do find a support group of strong, godly women(like celebrate recovery)who will lift you up and give you God's wisdom for your solutions.
Much love and hugs Charlotte.  And I pray that God sends amazing women of strength across your path!   xojune
2/18/2010 7:36:48 AM
Kathryn United States
Kathryn
I am currently doing the Love Dare on my husband. He's a wonderful man and I'm realizing I really needed this. It's so easy to blame the other person for the "bad" stuff, but I can see that I have a lot of growing to do. I love how proactive the Love Dare is. I feel like I'm romancing my husband, and it's actually fun. Hard at times but fun.
Thanks for getting me started!
2/18/2010 7:41:15 AM
Nanners United States
Nanners
Nanners
Hi Lisa and Erik,
Mark and I were married 32 years ago. He was and is my best friend, met him when I was 13 and he 15. He is an awesome man of God!!! Our relationship was going through a rough spot for the past year. Lots of work stress and our attitudes towards each other began to take a turn as we focused on our own needs. I was encouraged to " hold him to account for his attitude" by someone who does not solve problems from God's perspective. That was the beginning of my demise. I began criticizing him for every little thing and holding him to account, in the name of Jesus of course, or so I thought............

The morning I heard you talk about starting the Love Dare, I thought wow we can do this together. That will straighten him out! Well, being that he is a man, and can only focus on one thing really well at at time, he was not able to do it at this time. I understood and am so glad we did it solo. Each day I read the post on your home page and I was sooooo blessed, sooooo convicted, and given God's mercy and grace. It was as if someone was in my house, listening to us and then writing about us. Yikes! How embarrassing! God began to remind me how He wants me to love  my husband. He began melting my heart and helping me fall in love all over again. Our marriage has been refreshed, Mark kept saying "who is this women and what have you done with my wife" It was so funny. I didn't take offense at all. I knew the changes that had taken place. I am soooo thankful for God's mercy and love and grace. Thank you both for participating on the Love Dare with us listeners. It has been an amazing journey and one I am continuing to do over again. I want to keep the truths and wisdom in my heart until it becomes second nature again. I am very grateful! Thank you for truly being the family of God with us and being real!

Nancy Bergum
Clarence, NY (near Rochester and Buffalo)
We first heard you in the Adirondack High Peaks on a backpacking trip!
2/18/2010 7:50:01 AM
Nanners United States
Nanners

Hi Lisa and Erik,

Nancy
Clarence, NY (near Rochester and Buffalo)
We first heard you in the Adirondack High Peaks on a backpacking trip!
2/18/2010 10:45:49 AM
Beverly United States
Beverly
My husband and I will celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary on March 23, we have a great marriage. Even the best of marriages can benefit from the love dare challenge. My husband and I already do alot of the things that the book gave as challenges. But, reading through the chapters helped us understand each others differences as a man and woman, and each others needs and desires. Understanding that our daily actions are not just motions we go through, our actions toward each other show that we love and care about one another. We started seeing the emotions behind our motions. We have 3 grown children, 2 of which are newly married (less than 2 yrs), and a grandson. Our children tell us that we set a good example for them as a married couple...wow! Thank you for all you do. God Bless!
2/19/2010 4:13:13 AM
terry nichols United States
terry nichols
To all that spell God with lower case. He is a proper noun and needs the recognition of that. Thank you
2/19/2010 4:14:44 AM
Stephanie Dannan United States
Stephanie Dannan
My husband and I have only been married for 6 months but before we got married, we were together for 7 years. When we got married, we really didn't have that "newlywed syndrome." It was just like nothing had changed except for the fact that there was a ring on our fingers and a piece of paper saying we were married. After 6 months, our marriage started to fall apart. I felt all alone, and I would pray every night for God to help us and our marriage. I recently tuned in to KLOVE and I heard you talking about the Love Dare and I sat there and listened. Could this be the answer to my prayers? Could I be dedicated enough to do 40 day worth of dares? I decided to put it off and pray about it. The next day, I went to my local Christian store for a new bible and right as I walked in the door of the store, there was The Love Dare book staring me right in the face. I knew that God wanted me to do the dare and that is why he put me in the right place, at the right time. I picked up the book, bought it, and am now on day 14. I can honestly say that my marriage has started to improve. My husband has noticed that I am more loving and I have noticed that I am a better wife. The Love Dare not only brought me closer with my husband, but it brought me closer to God. There is one sentence in the book that I remind myself about everyday..."love is not determined by the one being loved, but rather by the one choosing love." Thank you God for putting this book in my life, and thank you Lisa and Eric for helping me through these dares. God Bless you both.....
2/19/2010 8:04:02 AM
Schreena Drake United States
Schreena Drake
My husband and I have been married 22 years and didn't have a relationship problem but we started reading the love dare daily on your website and started applying the concepts to our lives and finding that we can always improve. A few weeks ago my husband brought "The Love Dare" to our adult Sunday school class by have a weekly dare instead of a daily dear. He thought he would just read it before class started and pass it out for everyone to think about. The first week we had a few comments but the past few weeks it has almost taken over the class. It is touching everyone in amazing ways. We are applying it to our relationships with each other, our spouses, our children, our church, and our relationship with God. Thank you for sharing this and encouraging others to read it. I may have never bought the book before this because I had a good relationship and didn't think I needed it. WOW what a difference it makes. THANKS!
2/22/2010 9:05:50 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
I took the love dare with K-love not because I thought my marriage was in trouble but to strengthen it.  As I went through the book I realized it was not my marriage that needed strengthening it was my relationship with God.  Reading His word everyday through the Love Dare really changed my outlook on things and I have become a different person through it.  I am realizing now I not only did this for myself by for my brother-in-law and a close friend of mine and they are both having trouble in the marriages.  By reading the Love Dare I was able to provide them scriptures and advise to help them along the way.  They both still have a long way to go but I hope the book may help them as well (I ordered them a copy).

God Bless,
Tammy
2/22/2010 9:33:11 AM
Laura United States
Laura
It has made the biggest difference in our marriage! Before I told my husband I had done the Love Dare, my husband gave me a card on Valentine's Day saying that he had seen a difference in me. I gave glory to God, but he's not a believer, so it kind of fell flat. I know God will honor what I've sacrificed to make our marriage work. God has taken control, and it shows!
2/25/2010 4:13:14 PM
news article Australia
news article
Good afternoon, You write some very good blogs, I love nearly all of your articles. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. Keep on blogging!
2/26/2010 7:09:16 PM
Alla Woltman Australia
Alla Woltman
Hi, You write some very good blogs, I love nearly all of your articles. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. Keep on blogging!
3/3/2010 2:35:05 PM
johnny renewable Australia
johnny renewable
Good afternoon,  I was scanning something else about this on another blog. Interesting. Your perspective on it is diametrically contradicted to what I read earlier. I am still pondering over the opposite points of view, but I'm leaning to a great extent toward yours. And irrespective, that's what is so great about modern-day democracy and the marketplace of ideas online.
3/3/2010 7:13:09 PM
johnny solar Australia
johnny solar
Hi, This is an exceptional summary, I located your website checking google for a similar topic and found this. I couldnt find too much other information and facts on this posting, so it was wonderful to discover this one. I will probably end up being returning to look at some other articles that you have written another time. Have you ever thought about blogging for money? there is a website http://www.article-pie.com that pays you to write articles, you would be good at it.