Feb 25 2010

Britt Nicole's love language

One of our favorite friend's of the show - Britt Nicole - joined us this morning.  She has a HUGE heart for God!  We worked with Britt to determine her "love language" (see below) and heard her perform her new song "Walk on Water" (click here to listen to that song).

Britt Nicole's 5 Love Languages Profile!

Her Scores:

9       Words of Affirmation
10      Quality Time
1       Receiving Gifts
4       Acts of Service
6       Physical Touch

The highest score indicates your primary love language (the highest score is 12). It’s not uncommon to have two high scores, although one language does have a slight edge for most people. That just means two languages are important to you.

The lower scores indicate those languages you seldom use to communicate love and which probably don’t affect you very much on an emotional level.

Now that you know your love language, here’s some more information you might not have realized about it, and why certain behaviors affect you more than others.

Your Love Language:  Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there–with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby–makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.

You may have scored certain ones of the love languages more highly than others, but do not dismiss those other languages as insignificant. Your family may express love in those ways, and it will be helpful to you to understand this about him.

In the same way, it will benefit your loved ones to know your love language and express their affection for you in ways that you interpret as love. Every time you speak each other’s language, you score emotional points with one another. Of course, this isn’t a game with a scorecard! The payoff of speaking each other’s love language is a greater sense of connection. This translates into better communication, increased understanding, and, ultimately, improved love.

To learn more about this Love Language, take a good look at Gary Chapman’s best-selling book, The Five Love Languages.

2/25/2010 5:55:05 AM
Don Tally United States
Don Tally
Thank you Britt.  My wife & I saw you at the Unit & Conquer Tour in San Angelo, Texas.  Since that time you have been one of my favorite artists.  I have been particularly blessed by your song "Have Your Way" off the How the Lost Get Found CD.  I thank God for His message in that song.
2/25/2010 6:14:08 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
I listen to Klove ALL the time, I feel like I am not where I need to be on my spiritual walk with God so I love listening so I can start to really understand God's love for me... I was listening and heard Britt talking, her laugh is contagious!  I wasn't feeling well today and found myself giggling along with her and found her to be such a blessing.  I probably looked like a fool laughing out loud in my car by myself, but us Jesus freaks do some pretty goofy things anyway!  God bless all that listen and God bless K Love for helping me with my walk!
2/25/2010 6:18:54 AM
Dave Storm United States
Dave Storm
God puts things infront of you at the right time some call this a
2/25/2010 6:19:07 AM
Misti United States
Misti
Thank you so much Britt for sharing your beautiful voice and message with us....3 of my daughters sang your Set the World on Fire song for the talent show we had for our Mother and Daughter Banquet last Mother's Day.  My four year loves that song and she sang her little heart out everyone loved it.  God Bless.
2/25/2010 6:25:35 AM
Angela Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
Angela
Thank you Britt! You are a true blessing for me! Your music has been a tremendous blessing for my life! God bless you! YOU ARE AN AWESOME DAUGHTER OF GOD!
2/25/2010 6:32:36 AM
Sierra Lawrence United States
Sierra Lawrence
Britt! Thank you SO much for singing! That was beatiful!
Smile!!! Smile!!! Smile !!!
2/25/2010 6:35:03 AM
Dave Storm United States
Dave Storm
God talks to you at times when you need it most when I was first married my mife and I would call it a coincidence but after about 5 years of marriage we saw it as a Godinstance and we have now been married 30 years and again It came true . I was dropping off my wife and listening to klove and Britt Nicole when she talked about stepping out of you comfort zone doing something you always dreamed of but thought it was to late in life but God is always there for you always. Well because of how
2/25/2010 6:37:50 AM
Sierra Lawrence United States
Sierra Lawrence
Thank you So much for singing Britt! That really blessed me! Your voice is amazing!
Smile Smile Smile
2/25/2010 6:37:54 AM
Karen Turner United States
Karen Turner
I gotta say, I was surprised to hear that you sounded better live than recorded!  It's usually the other way around. Your voice is beautiful, refreshing!
2/25/2010 6:53:27 AM
Benya United States
Benya
Britt, Your song really ministered to me... God has been dealing with me about walking in my purpose and removing the limitations that are based in fear and today when I heard your song "Walk on Water" I knew that was the Holy Spirit nudging me once again! I started making calls to get the boat ready so that I can go and "Walk on Water"... Thank you for being used and God Bless!
2/25/2010 7:13:06 AM
Greg Schuler United States
Greg Schuler
Thanks SO much britt!! That sounded great!! I bought The Lost Get Found the day it came out!! Your My FAVORITE girl singer EVER!! Thanks!
           !¡¿?*¦»GrÉgØr¥«¦*?¿¡!
2/25/2010 7:52:00 AM
Mila Martin United States
Mila Martin
I pulled in my driveway, after taking my teenager to school and just sat there singing along with tears in my eyes.  May God continue to bless you all as your songs to me and my family.  Thanks.
2/25/2010 8:45:41 AM
Deborah Geyer United States
Deborah Geyer
I've enjoyed being able to re-hash the Five Love Languages this week, especially since I've been a huge proponent of the book for years. I was thinking about the Quality Time language and I remember when I first recognized that was my Grandma's love language, especially as she got older. She really didn't want our gifts so much as an afternoon with her, either taking her shopping, or to lunch, or even just sitting in her living room talking. It was at about that same time that God illuminated a scripture for me, the one that (basically) says we are to "lay down our life for our brother." God showed me that doesn't mean I throw myself in front of a bus to save someone's life, but, rather, "lay down my life" ... lay aside those things that make up our life ... in order to do something for another. For instance, when I worked full-time and was also involved in Sunday ministries at church, Saturdays were precious to me--the only day I had to run errands and do chores...so to give up a Saturday to drive 30 miles out to Grandma's and spend the afternoon there, really was a sacrifice...it meant "laying down my life" (not doing those things that life required of me) in order to fill her love tank. Once I recognized the significant link between the two, I was more than happy to sacrifice a Saturday afternoon every month to spend some quality time filling my Grandma's love tank. Plus, being able to express love in a way that the other person can receive it, makes for a Win-Win situation! Thank you, KLOVE for this week's adventure.
2/25/2010 9:02:11 AM
Caleb United States
Caleb
  Mrs Brit keep living the life of Crist!!!!    Your songs are about Jesus  reminding us that we are not here for ourselfs but for your kindom and for others!!!!  Thankyou for reminding me of that!  I love you song that has the frase do not let you light go out!!!!  That is my favorite song!!!!     Keep using you voice for God!!!   There are still so many Cristian that sing about religion and focus on there gifts not God!!!    So thankyou for being one of the few true worshippers of God!!!!!!  I love you greatly sis!!!!!  I am happy that God has put you in my life!!!!!!   Thankyou KLOVe for everything!!!!  I listen  to you guys all the  time as much as possible!!!!!   I love my family at KaLOVE!!!!
2/25/2010 10:13:44 AM
Marcia United States
Marcia
Thank you sooooooooo much Brit!!!!
U are one of my FAVORITE singers. I love the song "YOU" and Walk on Water" and so many more!!!
Thank you for writing those songs.
You have really blessed me.
God Bless
2/25/2010 11:14:01 AM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
you are amazing Brit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep singing for Jesus!
2/25/2010 12:54:10 PM
Becky United States
Becky
I absolutely loved that song you sang this morning.  You have no ideal how much I needed to hear that.  It's blessed my heart and I am ready do do what I need to do for God!
Keep singing for Him!
2/26/2010 3:38:31 AM
Ali United States
Ali
"For such a time as this.."
Britt, your songs are amazing, and God is using you tremendously to bless others through your music. I heard you sing "Walk on Water" while I was driving to work, and it sang in my head the rest of the day. During the rough points in my day I wanted to run away and quit, but then your song sang in my mind, and I was reminded to rely on God's strength. I'm learning to be a teacher right now, my dream and goal God called me to be, but the process is extremely hard getting there. Thank you for the reminded to 'walk on the water' with full dependence on Christ. God bless!
2/26/2010 7:09:30 PM
Catalina Calixte Australia
Catalina Calixte
Good morning, You write some very good blogs. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. I thought you might want to know, when I click your RSS feed it re-directs me to http://www.kidsolo.com
2/26/2010 7:09:30 PM
Milton Emami Australia
Milton Emami
Good afternoon, You write some very good blogs. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. I thought you might want to know, when I click your RSS feed it re-directs me to http://www.kidsolo.com
2/26/2010 7:09:31 PM
Shayla Ganguli Australia
Shayla Ganguli
Good morning, You write some very good blogs, I love nearly all of your articles. I always check back here often to see if you have updated. Keep on blogging!
2/27/2010 6:17:22 AM
GirlDotson United States
GirlDotson
I was so excited to hear you on the Scott and Kelly Show the other day. My daiyghter's name is Brittany Nicole, and she was so happy to hear your stories. You are an inspiration. I wish you all the best.
3/1/2010 3:24:58 AM
Fatcow Review United States
Fatcow Review
Should I get a Dedicated Hosting? Right now I am using godaddy but they keep disabling my account due to high server overload. Im getting about 4,000 UV a day. What brand should I get?
3/3/2010 2:35:08 PM
johnny solar Australia
johnny solar
Good morning, I often read your blog.I love it, you talk about anything from sport, news, entertainment, adult topics or just general topics. Keep up the good work. Have you ever thought about blogging for money? there is a website http://www.article-pie.com/alternative-energy/ that pays you to write articles, you would be good at it.
3/3/2010 7:13:12 PM
Johnny energy Australia
Johnny energy
Good morning, I don't agree with everything in this write-up, but you do make some very good points. I'm very interested in this matter and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thoughtout and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment.
1/11/2011 4:41:27 PM
Tam United States
Tam
I just love Britt Nicole! We are so much alike and I'm glad to know that in this cold world, there is someone somewhere who loves God just as much as I do as a young woman.

Thank you Britt for helping me see that I am on the right path...toward God.
Tam
3/9/2011 10:43:42 PM
Bleach costumes United States
Bleach costumes
Britt! Thank you SO much for singing! That was beatiful!