Feb 26 2010

5 Love Languages

A big "thank you" to Dr. Gary Chapman, author of the 5 Love Languages, who took us deeper each day this week on a different "love language".

If there have been times in your life when you haven't felt loved, it might be because you don't know your love language.  Equally important is discovering the love language of those you love.  To find out your love language, take the quiz!

For a review of each of the five love languages, click the links below:

Quality Time

Words of Affirmation

Gifts

Acts of Service

Physical touch

2/26/2010 12:09:49 PM
P Johnston United States
P Johnston
You may have already addressed this, but what if you are single?  The first two questions had to do with my husband and well...I don't have one.

Thanks,
P
2/26/2010 12:24:27 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
Well, I am afraid that this has not worked for me.  As a single person, the "Quiz" doesn't aply to me. So I tried to get me mom to take it and she just kept asking me "Is there a neither option?" She just didn't identify with anything that was asked, so we couldn't find out her love laungage either.
2/26/2010 1:22:11 PM
Jennifer McCarty United States
Jennifer McCarty
Been thinking alot about the 5 love languages this week, still trying to figure out a few special people in my life.  I love that your morning show always prompts me to think with an eternal perspective and this week I learned that most importantly God's love language is obedience!
2/26/2010 7:09:38 PM
Carie Parcells Australia
Carie Parcells
Good afternoon, This is an exceptional summary, I located your website checking google for a similar topic and found this. I couldnt find too much other information and facts on this posting, so it was wonderful to discover this one. I will probably end up being returning to look at some other articles that you have written another time.
2/26/2010 7:09:39 PM
Caren Yett Australia
Caren Yett
Hello All, I just wanted to start by saying that the contribution here is simply amazing. I think everyone does a fine job here and just wanted to make that known.
2/26/2010 7:09:40 PM
Cherrie Radvany Australia
Cherrie Radvany
Good morning, This is an exceptional summary, I located your website checking google for a similar topic and found this. I couldnt find too much other information and facts on this posting, so it was wonderful to discover this one. I will probably end up being returning to look at some other articles that you have written another time.
2/26/2010 7:19:51 PM
Larry Jobin United States
Larry Jobin
This did not help me at all. I got four 7's and a two.
2/26/2010 9:21:17 PM
melissa United States
melissa
Have you noticed that most women that take this test find out that acts of service is their love language and most men that take the test find out that touch is their love language? I thought that was kinda funny...
2/26/2010 11:10:10 PM
Diantha United States
Diantha
I really enjoy klove while im in the car by myself! It's my time to sing and pray with God!!!
2/27/2010 5:55:48 AM
candace United States
candace
Big Thanks to you all.My Family loves klove it up lifts us when we are down or having hard times.
(Eric and Lisa you are my Favorite)God Bless you both.We love you
2/27/2010 7:14:53 AM
Sally United States
Sally
Being single, this survey made me feel like I had no place in the love language world.  I strongly urge you (or Dr. Chapman) to develop a survey for the single person. After all, it's not wrong to be single is it?

2/27/2010 7:21:54 AM
Karen Green United States
Karen Green
My daughter and I think giving up something in April is a Fantastic idea! The thing that is the most selfish is what WE decided to give up is TV even though we ONLY watch family movies, Wheel of Fortune, Jeporady, Animal Planet, TBN, some news sometimes, TV Land the oldie shows like "The Andy Griffith show, Beverly Hillbillys...
I work in cubicles at work and my cube/team mate and his family always give up sugar chocolate each April, but it's his church that does this in his religion whihc I think is methodist? I have at times forgotten and felt so bad I tempted him with the one thing he loves which is dark Chocolate, but he forgives me and resists the temptation. I'm sure when i go back this time from being out of work on Disability I will NOT forget for WE will both be giving up somethingSmile
Thanks for this suggestion and I think I'll make it a practice each yearSmile Who knows I might just give up chocolate/sugar too with him as well to show support!Smile In Christ Love always karen & hala
2/27/2010 10:13:04 AM
Caleb United States
Caleb
To those that are single this will help you with any relationship you have with anybody!!!!  Just  be trufull to your self when you answere the quise!!!   This is not anybodys point of view or your piont of view on which you want tot be it is  how are you now!!!!!!   Just aks Jesus Crist to show you!!!!   I do believe this quisse will help you!!
2/27/2010 10:32:43 AM
Glenda United States
Glenda
I have had two marriages; and am currently widowed since 1993,  I answered the husband questions based on what I love my husband to do for me.  I was happy to find my Language of Love is Quality Time, with a 10,  My least important was receiving gifts.....I think self analysis and pray puts us closer in touch with God's direction for our lives.  Thank you for providing this evaluation....I my radio on KLOV for help in keeping me in my thoughts and actions directed to Go.  Thanks for being on the airwaves.
2/27/2010 11:08:36 AM
Laura D United States
Laura D
It helps if your married, but try to imagine what would be the ideal scenario for you if you don't have a significant other. I just thought about what would make me happy if a guy acted that way.

I knew my love language was touch, but I wanted to know more about how to express myself to someone. I'm so glad I can know all of the ways that my next relationship could prosper now that I understand that not everyone is touchy like I am. Smile
2/27/2010 11:14:52 AM
Kenny J. United States
Kenny J.
i really like giving gifts to my friend. shes a really nice person and i give her presents for every special occasion
2/27/2010 11:26:46 AM
zoe United States
zoe
i took the quiz and my profile came up with two quality time and physical touch. i scored 10 on both and my husband scored 11 on physical touch.
2/27/2010 11:47:41 AM
Terry Geopfert United States
Terry Geopfert
Thanks Lisa and Eric for bringing focus in the month of March.  Have been giving much thought in the last few days to sacrifice and do I really sacrifice for the Lord.  Jesus gave is life for me. Have been thinking about a challenge given in church last Sunday.  The number of hours spent in front of the TV watching nothing of importanance and the amount of time spent in God's word and studing who He is and what He wants me to do.  So I am going to take the month of March and join you in your fast, more as a jump start to changing my lifestyle.  TV is my problem so I am going to limit my TV watching to 4 hours a week and spend at least 4 hours a week in Bible study and reading God's Word in addition to my morning time with the Lord.
2/27/2010 12:45:41 PM
Liz United States
Liz
I think when you dont have the physical touch growing up you want it more when your older,at least I do from the people I LOVE more. you want their love..I enjoyed taking the test and I posted it on my facebook..
2/27/2010 1:48:52 PM
chloe United States
chloe
wat iz a luv language? ive been hearing about it onth radio
2/27/2010 4:45:36 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I wasn't able to link to this love language quiz, but it sounds like the people that did take it found it for couples. Dr. Chapman's books come in many forms- for relationships, your teen's love language, etc. Check out your local christian book store. I thought my teen's love language was one and when she took the quiz it was another! It changed how I show my teen I love her and has improved our mother-daughter relationship. I can't say enough about the books!
2/28/2010 3:11:10 PM
DJ United States
DJ
I think you for the test and defining how we view ourselves in love.
Just a question on a book I am in the middle of today and it has hit home on many issues. Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I know it is the Unveiling the mystery of a Women's soul and it has for me. I have not stopped crying since I started. My father passed away on the 19th of this month and this book was needed. The timing could not have been better. Did you read this book and just maybe you could put it out as a resource for everyone. It is helping me to let go and understand why and letting God into my life completely. We all seem to hold back something and this book answered allot of questions. Just asking.
2/28/2010 4:55:57 PM
Amber Ray United States
Amber Ray
There is a 5 Love Languages book for singles.  I recently purchased it and after listening to everything this week on K-Love, I can't wait to read it.  It would be nice to have a test for singles.  Sometimes I feel very left out as a single woman.
2/28/2010 9:48:51 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Looks like the database is down. I hope it will be back up tomorrow.
3/1/2010 2:58:08 AM
Janet Aselage United States
Janet Aselage
The most amazing thing happened to me Saturday.  After listening to Dr. Chapman all week and trying to be the "right caller" to win his book.  I found it in my home!  I had lent some books to a friend and when she returned my books this book was also with it.  She told me that she couldn't remember who had lent it to her so I should just keep it.  At the time, I guess I didn't think I wanted to read it and put it in a stack of things I planned to donate to Goodwill etc.  Saturday I was organizing and found Dr. Chapman's book.  It's a good thing I was home alone because anyone seeing me would have thought I had totally lost it.  I must have acted like I had found a million dollars.
  When I tell people about your radio station I always say that you found me (and I'm so glad you did)not that I found you.  I really believe that God had a hand in you finding me as well as Dr. Chapman's book.

3/1/2010 3:25:35 AM
Shannah Cassatt United States
Shannah Cassatt
I believe that my love language has changed because of the type of relationship that I'm currently in.  I believe that one longs for the part of the languages that lacks the most.  To truly find your language, I feel that one must be in a good relationship when you take this quiz or not in a relationship at all.  When you are in a rocky relationship, your language isn't the same all the time. A good well rounded marriage gets somewhat of a balance from all 5 languages.
3/1/2010 2:23:49 PM
Sherly Bolon United States
Sherly Bolon
If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you. <a href= www.bestmoviestrailer.com/star-trek-2009/>star trek reviews</a>
3/2/2010 7:33:58 PM
Rhea Caudill United States
Rhea Caudill
I am a mental health therapist and I use these love languages with my clients.  In marriages, I teach the partners to find the others love language and use it.  With children, I encourage the parents to discover their child's love language and begin expressing love to the child in the way the child will understand.  I love these books, especially the Love Languages of God.  That book helped me increase my relationship with Him.  What more can you ask for?
3/3/2010 2:01:31 PM
johnny alternative Australia
johnny alternative
Hello, this was a really quality article. I'd like to blog like this also - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I Am lazy and never seem to get something done.
3/3/2010 6:45:58 PM
johnny solar Australia
johnny solar
Hi, I found this blog once, then lost it. Took me forever to come back and find it. I wanted to see what comments you got. Great blog by the way.
12/17/2010 5:56:20 PM
Gerry B United States
Gerry B
After recently getting a divorce I'm going to show this post to my counselor. Interesting read on the love languages.
<a href="http://motorscooterreviews.net">motor scooter reviews</a>