Mar 12 2010

Daylight Saving Time this Weekend

Before you go to bed Saturday, don't forget to "Spring Forward" (unless you live in Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, etc.). Otherwise, you'll be late for church Sunday morning. For more on Daylight Saving Time - including those helpful time saving tips that Amy Baummann shared on the air with us, click here.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/12/2010 6:32:15 AM
Jeri United States
Jeri
I heard Amy mention a few ways to 'get your hour back'. One year I moved from New York to Oklahoma. Granted, it was not THE reason I moved, but it was a wonderful benefit (until the next spring).

Prayerfully yours,
Jeri of Tucson
3/12/2010 6:32:31 AM
Matthew United States
Matthew
In response to the daylight savings time this is my solution.  Lets just go back 1/2 hour and forget all of this time changing.  Here you just split the difference and forget it.

Have a great day.
3/12/2010 6:34:47 AM
Joseph Silverman United States
Joseph Silverman
I have a fail safe resolution to the changing of the clocks, I bought a few years ago an alarm clock that automatically adjust to daylight savings time,and also in the fall.
You guys are great, God Bless KLove for all you do and your inspirations.
3/12/2010 6:43:20 AM
Dan Weidenhof United States
Dan Weidenhof
I moved to Gilbert, AZ which is just outside of Tempe, AZ for work back in 2005.  Since then, I have moved back home.  But not ALL of AZ is exempt from Daylight Savings Time.  I don't know which parts, except I do know that the northeast (near the 4 corners, Navajo Reservation) DOES have Daylight Savings Time.
3/12/2010 6:45:08 AM
Laura United States
Laura
I was listening this morning to your time saving tips and I have one to go along with the sandwich making tip that was given.
I make a loaf's worth of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at a time for my son's lunches.  I set up a little assembly line by laying out the bread slices, putting peanut butter on half of the slices first, then jelly on the other half.  Then I put them all together and stick each one in a baggie.  Then I seal the baggies up, stack the sandwiches up and put them in the freezer.
I put one in his lunch box each morning and by lunchtime at school, it is ready to eat!  Depending on what kind of bread you use, you can get a week or two worth of sandwiches!
3/12/2010 7:02:46 AM
Michael Combs United States
Michael Combs
I live in Southern Indiana and for all of my life with the exception of the past few years. We did not change time with the rest of the United States. All of Southern Indiana keep the clocks the same year round. We don't care for the time change. Our biggest problem that we run into is the fact that the sun is shining at 9:30 pm. This makes it hard to get the kids to bed. They look at us as they complain like we are crazy. Why are you sending us to bed when it is a bright sun shiny day outside.
3/12/2010 12:24:12 PM
Madison United States
Madison
I love daylight savings it means staying up in one extra hour and a sign that spring is on its way
3/12/2010 7:31:47 PM
adult chat Australia
adult chat
Hello All, I just wanted to start by saying that the contribution here is simply amazing. I think everyone does a fine job here and just wanted to make that known. Have you ever thought about blogging for money? there is a website http://www.article-pie.com that pays you to write articles, you would be good at it.
3/14/2010 12:21:48 PM
Liam Yemen
Liam
Enjoyed reading that. I was just having a read up on this sort of thing & I wanted to point out to anyone who is just getting into this that although penny shares sound "cheap" beginners often think that they are more suited to people with less money. I would highlight that they are just as suitable for people with high net wealth because the truth is we need to look at percentage gains. Also - having someone with little money especially who is new to the markets start on penny shares is probably a bad idea (they cant be expeted to learn to trade on a stock that has such little accurate information out there!). Ive added this to my Mixx bookmarks.
3/14/2010 3:18:24 PM
Ricky Kazakhstan
Ricky
Useful. I was having a scan around this sort of area & I wanted to point out to anyone who is just getting into this that although penny shares sound "cheap" beginners often think that they are more suited to people with less money. I would highlight that they are just as suitable for people with high net wealth because the truth is we need to look at percentage gains. Also - having someone with little money especially who is new to the markets start on penny shares is probably a bad idea (they cant be expeted to learn to trade on a stock that has such little accurate information out there!). Ive added this to my Mixx bookmarks.
3/15/2010 4:25:37 AM
Clyde Doan Australia
Clyde Doan
Just think you have 1 more hour of daylight to enjoy with your family and friends come summer. Which I am liking forward to when I arrive in the US for my yearly visit.