Abraham Lincoln once said, “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Here are 5 habits of happy people:
- Reach out - Studies show that relationships are vital to a positive outlook in life.
- Be thankful - This is worth repeating again and again. Each of us has so much to be thankful for. There are the big things and a million little things, too.
- Live your passions - Even if you spend 8 hours a day at a job that doesn't exactly have you leaping out of bed in the morning, you can still find ways to do the things that make you feel most alive.
- Make do - We live in a culture obsessed with buying stuff, and when we're sad. Instead of turning to shopping malls to buy the thing we hope will suddenly make our life happier and complete make the most of what you already have.
- Enjoy the simple pleasures - The best things in life, just like the bumper sticker says, often aren't things and they're usually free.
If you consider yourself a "happy person", what are some of your happy habits?