Mar 31 2010

Max Lucado

They say he's the best selling Christian author of all time.

He's a pastor and K-LOVE listener in San Antonio.

He's written 9 books on Easter.

This morning, he helped us get our hearts ready for this important holy weekend.

Max Lucado

To hear our conversation with Max, click the links below:

What Max loves about Easter

How do you say "Lucado" & Easter Saturday

How to explain "Easter" to kids

Max's book "Fearless" and the fear of dying

The hope we have in Christ

3/31/2010 4:16:58 AM
Sara B. United States
Sara B.
I loved Max's discussion on Easter weekend - in particular Saturday.  I have NEVER heard anyone talk about that Saturday and I appreciate his perspective and insight.
It's so easy to get caught up in the events of Friday as well as the celebration of Sunday...to think about that Saturday and what was happening in the lives of Jesus, the disciples, and all of Jerusalem...not to mention what God the Father was thinking and feeling...
It's a lot to think about!
3/31/2010 5:25:09 AM
Jo Ellen Elixson United States
Jo Ellen Elixson
My husband David and I have a first for this morning – we put in our yard a cross with black cloth draped across the arms.  On Easter morning we will remove the black cloth and replace it with flowers before attending our sunrise service at Covenant Moravian Church.  Sunday will be a busy day with sunrise service, singing in the Lutheran choir that uses our facility, singing in the Moravian choir later and then at 4 watching the 4 year olds at Port City Community Church before attending the 6:00 service (home of the one word).
JO ELLEN ELIXSON
ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTS, INC.
910-392-0223
joellen@environmentalchemists.com
3/31/2010 5:51:25 AM
Stu United States
Stu
I was interested in the Saturday after Good Friday.  I wasn't able to hear it all and was wondering if it is possible to email me that segment from Pastor Lucado.  I never really gave this a thought and would like to know the whole thought on this day.  Thanks for the help and keep up the excellent work!  Thanks and God Bless!

Stu
3/31/2010 6:56:01 AM
oralia MARTINEZ United States
oralia MARTINEZ
this week has been a turning point for my husband and i ,first my husbands brother just left to prison to do his 50 yrs they gave him,trial gone bad,still no evidence of this crime,just more of he said she said...BUT WE SERVE AN AMAZING GOD..WE KNOW THAT GOD CHANGE HIS LIVE 2 YRS AGO AND HE STARTED PLAYING IN THE CHURCH SO WE KNOW THAT GOD DIDNT JUST START SOMETHING IN HIS LIFE TO TAKE IT AWAY...SO PLEASE KEEP MY HUSBAND MANUEL AND I ORALIA IN PRAYER..I LOST MY GRANDFATHER IN DEC.23,SO THE DEVIL IS WORKING OVERTIME ON US ,BUT WE WELL REPOSITION OF SELFS FACES TO FACES WITH THE DEVIL TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT...THANK YOU FOR THE MESSAGE THIS MORNING...IT IS SO TRUE,WE TEND TO FORGET SATURDAY...
3/31/2010 7:11:30 AM
KATHI SCHNAKE United States
KATHI SCHNAKE
I wasn't able to hear all of Max Lucado this morning. I am very interested in his comments about Saturday. Is it possible to get a transcript emailed or is there a place I can listen to the entire interview. I so appreciate your program. I listen to you on my way to work everyday! God Bless You!
3/31/2010 7:21:03 AM
Betsy Cooper United States
Betsy Cooper
Could you remind me of the children's book that Max Lucado wrote and talked about this morning about the caterpillar into butterfly----Easter message for small children.  Thanks!
3/31/2010 8:35:43 AM
Josh United States
Josh
The comments Max Lucado made concerning a Saturday of Silence were so amazing. Would it be possible to receive an email transcript of that segment, or post it for all to read?
3/31/2010 8:51:52 AM
Tom United States
Tom
Is there any way to get a transcript or an audio file of Max Lucado's thoughts on the Saturday of Holy week? I would love to be able to share them with my wife. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Bubb
3/31/2010 9:15:47 AM
Lilia Rimmerman United States
Lilia Rimmerman
HI! I have read a few of Max Lucado's books with my fiancé and discussed them and they helped us grow in our faith. We will be married soon, so please keep us in your prayers.

Love Returned and God Bless,

Lilia Rimmerman
3/31/2010 9:30:56 AM
Sue United States
Sue
I would love to read/hear the whole segment on Saturday after Friday from Max Lucado too.  Would you please email it to me or send me a link to listen again?  Thanks.
3/31/2010 10:34:29 AM
Rachel United States
Rachel
Just recently I corrected my 5 year old daughter when she referred to the Saturday before Easter as "Good Saturday".  I never considered all that goes with the day that is between Christ's death and resurrection.  I too wasn't able to hear all that Max Lucado had to share today and would love to read through the transcript again.
3/31/2010 12:05:33 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
Looking for the audio of this morning's interview with Max Lucado....I only heard part of it.
Thanks!
3/31/2010 2:32:13 PM
Terry F. Detwiler United States
Terry F. Detwiler
Could you please email the link so that I could listen to Max's comments about what happened on Saturday.  I didn't get to hear it but a friend that I am discipling told me some about it.  Thanks!  Terry
3/31/2010 8:21:30 PM
Leslie United States
Leslie
I saw the links, but they didn't work? I wasn't able to hear it all either and am interested in what Max has to say!

thanks!
4/1/2010 4:22:57 AM
christy United States
christy
Absolutely awesome and inspiring!!  Thanks for everything that K-LOVE does and is!  I smile when my 9 year daughter and I are driving to work/school listening to you and she starts singing along with the songs that you play.  What a way to witness to kids!!
4/1/2010 6:24:03 AM
yuneisy United States
yuneisy
I loved every single one of the thoughts from pastor Lucado.... what a way to start my day!  Thank you KLOVE for being there for me everyday... I am learning and growing on my faith everyday thanks to you!
4/1/2010 7:18:18 AM
Gloria United States
Gloria
Loved Max Lucado's comments on Saturday.  Being raised Catholic the Easter season included Saturday services.  I often time wonder why our Churches today don't acknowledge it as an important day. If possible could you please send me a transcript of that segment or let me know what book he has that in. Thank you.
4/1/2010 7:24:48 AM
Yvonne United States
Yvonne
Am I ready for Easter, yes because I know GOD is risen and he is for us. Right now I've being working late, so I have not being a church until April 11th.  Easter for me is the day Christ rose from the dead, and he defeated our enemy.
4/1/2010 8:02:46 AM
Robert United States
Robert
Your talk with Max Lucado remined me of a time a few years ago when I found myself thinking a lot about what that Saturday must have been like.  The emotions experienced by Jesus followers that day may have ranged from complete despair or disillusionment to strong faith that Jesus' death was somehow part of God's plan.

I wanted to share one of the poems I wrote during that time.  I'm a little hesitant, because I'm no great poet, but I had a feeling that maybe this poem would speak to someone out there.

Three Days

Friday.
The first day.
A man hangs dying on a cross,
His battle with evil finally lost.
He whom God placed in the womb
Is now by men placed in the tomb.
The sun is setting.

Saturday.
The second day.
Shattered are the visions of glory.
It is done, the end of the story.
Disciples who willingly followed his call
Now see he was just a man after all.
The sun is gone.

Sunday.
The third day.
The grave is empty, how can is be?
Death could not hold God's majesty!
Disciples believe, gone is the doubt.
He is alive, hear the victory shout,
The Son has risen!
4/1/2010 9:32:34 AM
Linda Glasscock United States
Linda Glasscock
I could not get the link to work for me, but I would very much like to hear or read what was said.  I am going through a very difficult time right now, and I know Pastor Lucado's comments would be comforting.  We serve an amazing God.
4/1/2010 9:34:24 AM
Carol Rosser United States
Carol Rosser
I love Max Lucado! I have most of his books. His writing is so inspirational & encouraging. When he spoke of how to explain Easter to children, I look back to when I taught prek & the week before Easter we would release butterflies after the kids had watched them grow from caterpillar cacoon then butterfly!
I know several are afraid of dying. But I'm the opposite. I'm afraid of out living all those I love & care about. It's almost a phobia feeling that I will never die, but all those I love will die before me. I am a Christian & Christ is my Lord & Savior. I believe all He is & has done for us (dying on the cross for our sins). But what does Max or anyone have to say to people who feel like me? Being left behind while everyone I know is gone, even people all over the world. I'm scared of being left alone. How can I get over this fear of living?
Thank you! God bless you KLOVE & Max! May you have a blessed Easter!
Carol Rosser
4/1/2010 10:37:49 AM
Lana Gartner United States
Lana Gartner
I did not get to hear the segments from Max Lucado and my computer will not let me open and listen to them.  Can I get his message in writing somehow, especially his thoughts on that Saturday?  Thanks
4/1/2010 11:07:49 AM
Gail Nick United States
Gail Nick
I loved what Max had to say about Easter's Saturday.  Could I have an e-mail transcript of this sent to me.   Thank you
4/1/2010 5:29:00 PM
Kelley Arnold United States
Kelley Arnold
What a blessing to hear Max Lucado!  I am humbled and so very blessed to hear about Silent/suffering Saturday.  That seems to be where I am, and to hear that others are right there with me, along with Jesus enduring Saturday as well, confirms my trust and hope in My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Many thanks to saying the words my spirit so desperately needed to hear.  I love you K-Love, you start my day off on the right focus everyday!  God Bless you All.
4/2/2010 11:13:41 AM
April Davies United States
April Davies
I had never considered the "Saturday" of Easter before hearing Max Lucado discuss it - WOW!!!  What a blessing to hear this, I know myself as well as so many of my friends either have been or are in taht Saturday!  Thank you for everything you do KLOVE - I don't think I ever listen to any other stations anymore!  I too would love a transcript emailed to me if possible, I'd really like to pass it on to some friends who I know need this right now.