Apr 03 2010

Beth Moore

For Good Friday, it was a treat to have Beth Moore on with us to help focus our hearts on what Jesus did for us on this amazing weekend over 2,000 years ago.  Beth referenced a great verse to read today - Isaiah 53 ... which you can read below.  Plus, if you missed any of our conversation, scroll down the page for audio links on what Beth had to share.

Isaiah 53 (The Message)

1 Who believes what we've heard and seen? Who would have thought God's saving power would look like this?

2-6The servant grew up before God—a scrawny seedling,
   a scrubby plant in a parched field.
There was nothing attractive about him,
   nothing to cause us to take a second look.
He was looked down on and passed over,
   a man who suffered, who knew pain firsthand.
One look at him and people turned away.
   We looked down on him, thought he was scum.
But the fact is, it was our pains he carried—
   our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us.
We thought he brought it on himself,
   that God was punishing him for his own failures.
But it was our sins that did that to him,
   that ripped and tore and crushed him—our sins!
He took the punishment, and that made us whole.
   Through his bruises we get healed.
We're all like sheep who've wandered off and gotten lost.
   We've all done our own thing, gone our own way.
And God has piled all our sins, everything we've done wrong,
   on him, on him.

7-9He was beaten, he was tortured,
   but he didn't say a word.
Like a lamb taken to be slaughtered
   and like a sheep being sheared,
   he took it all in silence.
Justice miscarried, and he was led off—
   and did anyone really know what was happening?
He died without a thought for his own welfare,
   beaten bloody for the sins of my people.
They buried him with the wicked,
   threw him in a grave with a rich man,
Even though he'd never hurt a soul
   or said one word that wasn't true.

10Still, it's what God had in mind all along,
   to crush him with pain.
The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin
   so that he'd see life come from it—life, life, and more life.
   And God's plan will deeply prosper through him.

11-12Out of that terrible travail of soul,
   he'll see that it's worth it and be glad he did it.
Through what he experienced, my righteous one, my servant,
   will make many "righteous ones,"
   as he himself carries the burden of their sins.
Therefore I'll reward him extravagantly—
   the best of everything, the highest honors—
Because he looked death in the face and didn't flinch,
   because he embraced the company of the lowest.
He took on his own shoulders the sin of the many,
   he took up the cause of all the black sheep.

Click Links below to listen to our chat with Beth ...

Introduction to Beth Moore

Breaking Free this Easter

The Power of the Resurrection

The Hope and Power of the Resurrection is for EVERYONE

4/2/2010 5:53:27 AM
michael tanton United States
michael tanton
as i got to work this morning on this Good Friday,here in Henryetta,Oklahoma.where i live,it is storming wind,thunder,lightning, the sky is turning black, as it was when Jesus said it is finished.Easter Sunday "three days from now" it will be sunny and beautiful.God is truly a God of wonders.

Have a blessed Easter
                          Michael
4/2/2010 6:37:51 AM
Jamie Miles United States
Jamie Miles
What a blessing we have in our world. What a women who said I have something to say. Not sure how to say it and yet a women with a conviction to love into her world. A love that oooozzzzess from her every pour. All us, her girlfriends, feel like we are her girlfriend. I cannot express how blessed I have been in my life here within this last year with cancer that this women showed me that in Esther I am a precious daughter of our mighty God. That even in the face of crap she showed me that I have fight, I have love and I will be healed. This women...we call here Beth Moore...and God calls her precious daughter. That is the name I believe will be written on her white stone as she stands in the throne room. Precious. Thank you Beth...thank you!
4/2/2010 7:05:47 AM
brenda baswell United States
brenda baswell
i have done numerious studies by Beth Moore but one I have her quote on my bathroom wall she said Your time will come " for now your personal life must be Part-time, and their little lives must be Full -time". I love that quote because this is a world of ME ME ME where is my time and hearing her say that really changed the way i parent my three babies. Thank you
4/2/2010 7:19:11 AM
Kayla United States
Kayla
What a blessing to have Beth Moore on today! I recently started her Ester study with a group of women from the chuch and I am loving it!!  She has such a gift of speaking, writing, and teaching.  Thank you K-Love for getting Beth on the show and also thank you Beth for being on the show.
4/2/2010 7:45:07 AM
Rebecca Howard United States
Rebecca Howard
@ Michael Tanton
It is the exact same way here. Very dark, rainy.
You are so right- God is FULL of WONDERS!
May God Bless!
4/2/2010 7:45:34 AM
Valerie Gibson United States
Valerie Gibson
Thank you Beth, Praise God for your Word from Him, Our group of Ladies at our church, Just finished Revised  Breaking Free, the Journey,  Thank you for this Study,  It was wonderful, hard but wonderful, Thank you for having Beth Moore on K-Love, this Good Friday morning.
4/2/2010 8:05:22 AM
betsy uldrich United States
betsy uldrich
Isaiah 53 is powerful.  As I read it  here, I thought, "I'd love to read this while listenig to Phil Wickham's True Love."  Which you all played this morning as I drove  to work.  Now that would be Powerful!  Thanks K-Love.
4/2/2010 8:07:10 AM
Veronica Lievanos United States
Veronica Lievanos
I thank God for how powerefully he speaks through Beth Moore and for Beth's willingness to be used by God to reach so many women.  I have been blessed many times through her bible studies and most recently having heard her speak in Tucson on the hope of His resurrection. She is a faithful servant and an inspiration to me.
4/2/2010 8:36:27 AM
Darrell Hicks United States
Darrell Hicks
I just read the message translation of Isiah 53.Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!  I know the Easter story frontwards and backwards but this gave me a new twist and it seemed to make it much more meaningful. We serve a Great God!!!
4/2/2010 8:39:16 AM
Jodi Culley United States
Jodi Culley
I was Blessed with the chance to go see Beth Moore in Portland with a group of ladies from church. She Shines for Jesus. What a gift she is to this crazy world we live in.
4/2/2010 8:55:05 AM
jonlacroix United States
jonlacroix
thanks you for your prayers this mornig it has help me understand what todat is really about...jesus died on the cross for our sins...amazing man...god bless
4/2/2010 9:44:38 AM
Amy United States
Amy
Thank you for having Beth on your show today.  I consider her my girlfriend in Texas (I live in Wisconsin) as she is so much like my friends and I it is scary.  I am currently in her Esther study at church and will be at the So Long Insecurity simulcast on April 24.  Thank you Beth for taking time out of your busy schedule to minister to us through K-Love. Happy Easter to all.
4/2/2010 10:04:59 AM
Analilia United States
Analilia
As I was driving to work and listening to K-Love and Beth Moore's words and thinking of Jesus Christ's act of love, I came to realize that all that I need, He will provide: love, attention, peace, friendship, care,.....everything I keep looking for in someone else, He will provide. Then the song How He Loves comes on and I just cry of joy because I don't need to keep looking for love when I already have it in Him. Thank you Lord Jesus!!! I love you with all my heart, my mind and my soul!!!
4/2/2010 10:08:33 AM
Marsha Graff United States
Marsha Graff
Thank You K-Love for having Beth Moore as your guest on such a special day.
She is one of God's finest models of a woman of faith. Her words today help us focus not only on the resurrection, but on the power of the Christ we serve.
She reminds us that we are called to tell the Easter message so that others might experience the joy and hope that fills us!
Rejoice! He is Risen!
4/2/2010 10:35:50 AM
Melanie United States
Melanie
What a blessing to have Beth Moore as a guest on KLOVE.  I have done many of her studies and am currently finishing up the study of Esther.  She is a powerful teacher.  She is truely empowered by God.
4/2/2010 12:27:48 PM
Kim Rogelstad United States
Kim Rogelstad
Thank you Beth--Thank you k-love for broadcasting your conversation with her this morning. As always when I have opportunity to hear her speak or attend a bible study in my church or do one on my own that she has written--her words speak right to where my heart needs it the most!! Today-- Thank you--thank you--thank you for reminding me that nothing can overpower the power of the resurection!
4/2/2010 12:44:18 PM
Rani United States
Rani
So interesting that this account is in the Old Testament...
4/2/2010 1:33:40 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
Thank you for having Beth Moore on today! I was glad to be able to hear it since I missed her on this am. I felt the 'Jesus Rain Shower!' Thank you Beth for being a willing servant of God!
4/2/2010 2:17:47 PM
Susan Bennett United States
Susan Bennett
KLove and Beth Moore have fed my spirit for years now and I am so thankful!  Praise God for showing up in the KLove booth and in Beth's life so that we may all be blessed by your gifts of passion and encouragement.  I am finishing Breaking Free this month and it has been a tremendous healing journey during which God has opened my eyes to see the lies that I have allowed Satan to lure me into believing.  Praise God for meeting me there in captivity, and giving me the power to replace those lies with truth.  Freedom in Christ is awesome!
4/2/2010 4:53:41 PM
Jennifer O. United States
Jennifer O.
Hi there,

This is my first time listening to K-Love in my home state of Wisconsin, as one of our Christian radio stations had to switch over to K-Love earlier this year.  Thank you so much for chosing to have this interview with Beth Moore on your station today.  It really surprised my Mom when she heard the last part of it; and I am listening to the rest of it online now.  I am a big Beth Moore "fan", but that is mainly because she has one of the biggest amount of love for Jesus in her, and she is never afraid to show it !
4/3/2010 12:43:05 AM
Bonnie United States
Bonnie
GOD is good. I have being praying for a friend, and thank GOD she will be attending church with me, thank you Father GOD. (a miracle from him alone) I am interceding for another person friend, that he will be healed, and know that I like him for him, and all Thanks KLOVE
4/3/2010 11:52:14 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Thank you for your broadcast!  Thank you Lord, for giving us Beth Moore to be the vessel of your Word.....with such a way that your Words bring a tear to my eyes Lord!  For many years Beth has given me in just the right season the words from the Lord I needed to hear.   Thank you Beth!
4/4/2010 8:14:03 PM
Cris United States
Cris
Thank you Beth for reminding us the power of the resurrection and the hope that God can call us out of the graves that hold us and unbind the grave clothes we are in. I praise Jesus for His sacrifice - all of this just out of love for a fallen humanity. God be praised!