Apr 04 2010

He is Risen!

From the book of John, chapter 20...

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!"

So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb.

Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in.

Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen.

Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

(They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene

Then the disciples went back to their homes, but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.

They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him."

At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him." 16Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her. Jesus Appears to His Disciples

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." Jesus Appears to Thomas 24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.

So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book.

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/4/2010 5:31:48 AM
susie United States
susie
I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE,LOVE IT ,THANK YOU.GOD IS GOOD!
4/4/2010 5:48:36 AM
Connie K. United States
Connie K.
Jesus has risen! He is alive today tomorrow and forever! Knowing and truly believing this, how could we have anything other than a very "Blessed and fulfilled" life! Thank you Jesus! You are Lord!!!
4/4/2010 7:32:13 AM
Roxanna United States
Roxanna
Thank you for printing the Easter story!  I needed that this morning.  I am currently reading "The Rapture" by Tim Lahaye & Jerry B. Jenkins.  I have read all the other books in the "Left Behind" series but I really like this one because it describes Heaven & what will happen when we get there.  I just can't wait to be with Jesus & God for eternity.

Bless you today & everyday.
4/4/2010 8:23:15 AM
Norma S United States
Norma S
thank you Jesus!!!!
4/4/2010 9:35:05 AM
emmanuel montoro Mexico
emmanuel montoro
GOD is truly merciful each time he shows me his love and patience, and brings me the righteous way, and whit loving discipline changes my human understanding, for his true and wonderful way!
thank you JESUS for taking my sins and loving me so much even do i am so imperfect, i will never be able to repay what you did for me in the cross and from the grave!
4/4/2010 10:40:07 AM
Veronica Plascencia United States
Veronica Plascencia
My Lord has truly blessed me and carried me through the storms in my life. I thank him each and everyday for the mercy and grace he has given me.  He is alive in me today and forever. God is good, love him with all your heart, soul, and might. He will never fail you. Have a wonderful blessed day in the lord today and always. Thanks K-Love you are a blessing.
4/4/2010 12:57:21 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Thank you!!!!
I am glad you died for us!!
4/4/2010 12:57:38 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Smile))))
4/4/2010 1:45:19 PM
Joy Kilishek United States
Joy Kilishek
Thank you for printing this story.  I can't stop reading it over and over.  Thank you KLOVE for sharing God's message.  I listen to you all day and even have you on at work so others that come into my office will hear it.  Happy Easter- He is risen and coming back!
4/4/2010 8:03:19 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
This is one of my favorite stories in the Bible.  I heard it this morning in worship, and I love that I can read it again tonight.  It's the perfect way to end my Easter!  Thank you for posting this! Smile
10/14/2010 10:36:35 AM
TDWJL.com United States
TDWJL.com
RE: the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

The author contrasts "he saw and believed" with the next verse that says "For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." So clearly Peter did not believe at that point. But why would this unnamed disciple believe before anybody sees Jesus, and Peter and the other apostles would not believe until they personally saw Jesus at the end of that day?

The details that scripture provides on this are profitable for correction, since the unbiblical traditions of men have deceived many as to the identity of "the disciple whom Jesus loved".