Apr 04 2010

Michael McDowell crash

Michael McDowell joined us this morning to tell us what this wreck was like to live through. Well over a million people have watched this video on youtube. Have you seen it? Michael has been able to use the miracle of living through this crash to share his testimony and faith with others.  To find out more about Michael - become a fan on Facebook or follow him on Twitter - by clicking on this link

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (23) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/4/2010 3:42:49 PM
Steve Young United States
Steve Young
Thank you for finally talking about NASCAR.I sincerely hope Micheal will get to tell his story without being interrupted a whole bunch of times
4/5/2010 5:58:57 AM
Jessie Winters United States
Jessie Winters
I also want to Thank you for talking about Nascar. There are several drivers, pit crews members that are Christians. I was watching Micheal qualify when the wreck happened.... It's times like that you're glad God is in you....
Thanks again for talking about Nascar.
4/5/2010 6:11:39 AM
Ryan Canada
Ryan
NASCAR does deserve a nod as it's still one of the few sporting events that opens with a word of prayer.  The prayers are heartfelt and most times are prayed in Jesus' name.  I am curious if there's as much spiritual emphasis behind the scenes as what seems to be exhibited on air?

God bless you guys. And good luck Michael!  My little guy Ethan and I root for Jimmy J., but he might have to take a back seat now. :o)
4/5/2010 6:19:51 AM
Guido Roth United States
Guido Roth
Not many other professional sports take a break for Mother's Day and Easter.  Not to mention have track pastors, morning services and prayer TELEVISED before the event, where they mention Jesus Christ without having to bleep it out.  Some people may think of it as a redneck sport and boring, and I don't miss church functions just so I can watch a race, but I'm proud to be a Christian fan.
4/5/2010 6:20:43 AM
Andrew United States
Andrew
Without the safety advancements, that wreck might have killed Michael.  When Dale Sr. was killed, he hit the wall head on at around 150-170 MPH.  God surely was with Michael.
4/5/2010 6:25:55 AM
Nikki from Texas United States
Nikki from Texas
My husband and I were there for that race and I will never forget that moment. I remember my husband questioning to make of the COTs until you crawled out of that tiny window. All of his questions were answered... Not only about the COTs but about Gods complete control in our life. We have your autograph before and after the wreck on a huge NASCAR flag hanging in our media room. God bless you and your family.
4/5/2010 6:34:19 AM
Andrew Robinson United States
Andrew Robinson
Did you watch the wreck aferwards and think,I cound have been killed?
4/5/2010 6:39:48 AM
Andrew Robinson United States
Andrew Robinson
Did you watch the wreck afterwards and think that you could have been killed?
4/5/2010 6:41:50 AM
abigal myslivecek United States
abigal myslivecek
what caused the crash!?
4/5/2010 6:42:51 AM
Kristy Johnson United States
Kristy Johnson
I just watched this video and WOW I just balled even knowing he's ok and walked away from it~ Praise God He was with Michael
4/5/2010 6:50:11 AM
Nikki from Texas United States
Nikki from Texas
...what was going thru your mind when you got into the ambulance and realized what just happened?? What did you and your family do the evening of the crash??
4/5/2010 6:50:58 AM
Galen Gidman United States
Galen Gidman
When people hear your name, the first thing that comes to their mind is - "oh, the guy that had the big wreck at Texas." Do you get tired of that?
4/5/2010 6:52:24 AM
Cesar Gonzalez United States
Cesar Gonzalez
Praise GOD...We are in HIS hand wether on a NASCAR track or on the highways...for all the earth is HIS.

I thank GOD that HE protected our brother in Christ.  Michael, keep taking light into all the world by your gift until the whole world is consumed by light and Jesus returns.

GOD Bless...
4/5/2010 7:01:43 AM
Lori United States
Lori
It is so great to get yet another example of people in any occupation that love God and spread the word.  I would so like to put my nephew in contact with Michael.  He is attending school in North Carolina for NASCAR pit/garage work and is an awesome person.  He's young, eager, and just needs a little break.  I heard you talking to Michael this morning and thought "Hey, maybe that's where Ryan, my nephew, belongs!"
4/5/2010 7:08:54 AM
Laura Haroual United States
Laura Haroual
All glory be to God that Michael walked away from this crash. Truly, all glory be to God!
4/5/2010 7:10:05 AM
Danna United States
Danna
Do you enjoy racing with the Sprint Cup regulars? Or do you feel that once they make it to the Sprint Cup and come back to the Nationwide series they take from the nationwide regulars?
4/5/2010 7:15:01 AM
Kristie United States
Kristie
If anyone doubts there is a GOD they need to watch this video. God had to have had his hand in all of this.. God Bless him and his family.
4/5/2010 8:21:37 AM
Sherri Scarpello United States
Sherri Scarpello
Thank you for talking about NASCAR this morning.  I am a mom of a quarter midget driver, which is where some NASCAR drivers started out, and I must say racing is a wonderful sport!  It brings families together and teaches kids to be comppettive but yet very respectful to one another.  It is very common to see these kids come off the track, get out of their cars, and shake each others hands in a display of great sportsmanship. We also say our racers prayer before the start of every race day.
Thanks so much for your station.  I love listening to you everyday...
4/5/2010 11:17:12 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I love hearing stories about christians that have great testimonies and are not afraid to tell them.  I wish we could hear more about things like this.  I am a big racing fan and love to here about people like this.  I wish you would talk to some people like Gordon Hayward about his faith.  Or some of these other young people that could share with other young people there is not enough of that going on.  What a great weekend.  He has risen.  Thanks for all you do I listen all the time.  Debbie
4/5/2010 7:33:19 PM
Emma Ferrell United States
Emma Ferrell
God was with him only way to walk away from that.
He had a angel with him.Michael is Blessed I hope
that he knows that he has a angel with him.God has big plans for him.He still needs prayers
to find the gifts that god saved him for.God
does MIRACLES.That was one for sure.
4/6/2010 5:30:39 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
The comments of what your children say. Each one of my kids have a word. When our daughter was 3 we would always say that Wed. were family day cuz we wanted to have quality time. She called it Quarterly time. It was so cute so we just left it at that. Our son always wanted to put cd's on in the car so we would tell him to pick one out. He would say this is the cvd. I pick this one. We would always crack up. He was 4.
4/7/2010 12:27:03 PM
rob burress United States
rob burress
was great to hear michael on k love , i listen in joplin mo, i got to attend chapel services with michael while he was in the arca series. he is an awesome christian man and competitor.  i traveled with justin allgaier who is also a wonderful christian and sportsman, hope he is back on soon.
1/20/2011 2:30:44 AM
Beste NLP Training Netherlands
Beste NLP Training
I am very  thrilled that I did did find your extremely helpful post. Much appreciated. I hope you do not mind me write on my astonishing NLP Training website. I will also leave a linkback. Cheers