Apr 30 2010

Lemonade Day!

If a nice glass of lemonade sounds good to you this weekend, chances are you might find someone in your neighborhood with a little table, some dixie cups and pitcher of Country Time - this Sunday (May 2) is "Lemonade Day".  (<-- click link for more info).

Lemonade Day is a nation-wide event that teaches kids the skills they need to be successful in the future. Youth learn to set goals, develop a business plan, establish a budget, seek investors, provide customer service, and give back to the community.

Tags: , ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/30/2010 6:09:43 AM
Anna Hilton United States
Anna Hilton
My daughter and her friends are participating in Lemonade Day. Last weekend we squeezed 200 lemons and made the lemonade syrup that we will make into the lemonade this weekend.

They have already planned to wear matching outfits and they got permission from PetLand to have a stand in front of their store.

This is such a great opportunity to teach them about how a business is run.
4/30/2010 6:30:44 AM
Claire United States
Claire
I like it. You guys are always having something. I listen to you guys on the radio. Lisa and Eric you guys are encouraging. I do not know what I would do without klove.
4/30/2010 6:50:01 AM
Erica United States
Erica
I am looking forward to May 2010, because the first full week of May is the West TN Strawberry Festival in Humboldt, TN and I can get off Thursday and Friday for a half a day due to the parades. My anniversary is May 21st. I am going on vacation May 17-21st. I also get off on Memorial Day. But the best part is I get to see my friends tomorrow thier son's birthday whom I have not seen since Thanksgiving. This will be a great month.
4/30/2010 7:10:17 AM
yeliam martinez United States
yeliam martinez
Hello Lisa and Eric,

I was listening to Lisa's story about the lemonade and getting that canopy bed that she wanted. I am struggling with something like that too. I'm in college and I need a certain GPA to study abroad. My dream is to go to South Korea but It seems impossible to get that GPA. I just ask you to pray for me.

Jelly
from Rochester NY.
4/30/2010 7:11:50 AM
Rick Kohn United States
Rick Kohn
What am I excited about??  I excited to be the presiding minister for the Outreach being held on May 2nd, Palatine, IL.  Posted on KLove community calendar and being announced On-Air.

Thank you K-Love for helping us spread the word and helping us to do the Lord's work in Finding HIS scattered sheep!

God Bless
4/30/2010 7:42:18 AM
Charise Hoyt United States
Charise Hoyt
I heard your comment about saving for the canopy bed.  When I was about 4 yrs. old, I wished for that exact same bed on every birthday as I blew out the candles!  I got the bed and dresser for by 7th birthday - only 3 yrs later but to a little girl, an eternity.

I have two boys (now 18 and 15) were taught the value of money early.  They never ask me for anything, they set a goal and save their money until they have enough to buy it!  One of the best things I ever did.

Thanks K-Love for all you do, you're the gas in my 'tank' every day!

Charise Hoyt
Terryville, CT
4/30/2010 7:53:50 AM
John Patrick Adams United States
John Patrick Adams
I’m all for a Lemonade Day, but isn’t it more important to teach our children what the Bible says about our laboring? I feel that God would bless our children’s efforts a whole lot more if we taught them that the Sabbath Day IS TO BE HONORED above our own profit.

EXODUS 20
   8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
   9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
4/30/2010 8:29:45 AM
Valerie Rae Hanneman United States
Valerie Rae Hanneman
You asked what Eric should do with his $5.00.  I think he should buy a broom and go into a neighborhood where lawn service is not an option - and he shuld start sweeping.  He should sweeep driveways, walkways sidewalks, etc.  While he sweeps - he should pray for the family in that house.  And if they come out to ask him what he is doing - he should tell them why he is sweepingt thier sidewalk - and witness to them about Jesus.
4/30/2010 8:32:29 AM
Alana Carpenter United States
Alana Carpenter
I think Eric should give the money to a nice little girl with a Lemonade stand to help provide more lemonade to those in her area.  Then the little girl can use all the money for a great cause.  God wants the money that we are given to be multiplied to continue spreading His Word and Grace.
4/30/2010 8:53:39 AM
Alana Carpenter United States
Alana Carpenter
I think Eric should find a nice little girl with a lemonade stand & use his $5 to help buy lemonade supplies. This will help multiply the money made which then could be used for a greater purpose in which God can pour out more of His many, many Blessings!  =)
4/30/2010 5:58:46 PM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love how God uses people!
5/1/2010 8:38:03 AM
Chelsie Age 12 United States
Chelsie Age 12
Last summer my friends and I heard about a little girl around 5 years old who had a very deadly cancer. So we really wanted to raise money for her. For 6 or 7 days we sat out in the hot sun, holding signs and selling lemonade for 50 cents. We were so surprised when we rasied over 1,100 dollars for her. Shes now 6 and a surviver of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cancer Smile
5/1/2010 6:25:58 PM
Vickie Meyers United States
Vickie Meyers
I'm looking forward to May 2010 because my first son is getting married on May 22.  I'm so happy for him.