Jun 04 2010

Bluetree and Burma

Imagine being in a situation where you could lose your life for being a Christian?  That was the situation the band Bluetree recently found themselves in after they were illegally snuck into Myanmar.

With passion and tears, Aaron Boyd of Bluetree joined us this week to tell the story of their recent trip with Christian Freedom International to minister to Karen Christians in Myanmar.

And eight year old girl in a refuge camp begged him not to forget their plight, and he now begs us to pray and consider doing something to help.

To read the account of their trip and the profound effect it had on the band, click here.

6/3/2010 5:11:30 AM
Nicky Lout United States
Nicky Lout
I think we all as Christians should take a leap of faith. And boy they didn't just take a leap.  How amazing is GOD!  Amazing how he uses people.  I could never imagine living like those poor people.  I often have dreams that I am standing side by side with several people and gunman are there saying "who ever believes in God step forward, you will be killed" and I step!!!!! God Bless you Lisa & Eric for sharing!
6/3/2010 7:04:46 AM
Stacey Bailey United States
Stacey Bailey
I have a sign at my desk at work that says "Leap and the net will appear." The net did more than appear for these guys. It wrapped them up. Wow. We would all probably say in theory that we would step up to the plate if our faith was tested to that point, but it's not realy until it happens does the truth come out. What an amazing story of God's truly amazing grace.
6/3/2010 7:33:32 AM
Judi United States
Judi
You know, the words of that little 8-year-old girl remind me of the Biblical times when God spoke to Moses from the burning bush about being the deliverer to the Hebrews who were held captive as slaves in Egypt.  Hearing that just touched me deeply.
6/3/2010 7:38:31 AM
Sarah Jacko United States
Sarah Jacko
This is very crazy, my sister went on a missions trip with Bethel College back in 96 or 97 and they too felt the oppression and Satans pressence in that country.  What she discribed when they came home was unbelievable and made me shiver.  God be with Blue Tree and their ministry and God be with Ireland.
6/3/2010 8:31:18 AM
Gene Roy United States
Gene Roy
Thank you KLOVE and Blue Tree for brining the attention of the listeners to this forgotten region of the world.  There is a Christian group; Free Burma Rangers (FBR) who brings medical aide as well as the love of a matchless Savior to the internally displaced peoples (IDPs) of Burma.  This organization sends medic teams, complete with doctors and dentists to areas under attack and help villagers to escape into Thailand.  They have a website that records their victories as well as their sacrifices made in the name of Jesus.  Be warned.  This website has some graphic photos as it comes straight from the field.  With the same intent that Eisenhower wanted to make a record of the holocaust, FBR is making a record of the atrocities taking place in Burma—it’s real.  Please spread the word of what’s happening.  I will be joining the efforts in January.  The US Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers have a motto:  “So others may live.”  Isn’t that why Christ gave his life?  How can I do less?  So others may know him—and live.
6/3/2010 9:49:24 AM
Carole Williams United States
Carole Williams
Wow, what an awesome display of God's mercy and Grace, not to mention Gods Love. I will pray for the men, women and children Aaron met and spoke to. Especially the little 8 year old Girl. Also I will lift my Brother Aaron and his Band up to our Wonderful Awesome God and Father. Thanks for sharing.
6/3/2010 7:15:56 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Bluetree's story is AMAZING!! God is AWESOME!
6/4/2010 12:36:51 PM
Kristen United States
Kristen
I was listening to the broadcast of this and I get goosebumps, as serving refugees is one of my passions.  You all kept saying that not everyone is called to go abroad and serve in this way, which I totally agree with.  Refugees are resettled in the states from situations like the one Bluetree experienced every day.  There are many Christian organizations on the ground here in the states to help them adjust to their new way of life, and help them get to know Jesus.  If you are in Atlanta a great organization is Friends of Refugees, and in Kansas City Mission Adelante.
6/5/2010 7:22:37 AM
Michael United States
Michael
I agree with Kristen. I serve under Exodus Refugee in Indianapolis and we do resettle a lot of refugees from Burma. We are in need of volunteers constantly. Check out our website www.exodusrefugee.org, there is need in Indianapolis here and now.
6/5/2010 7:28:02 AM
Michael United States
Michael
I agree with Kristen. Check out www.exodusrefugee.org to see what is happening in Indianapolis. And this agency is constantly in need of volunteers.
6/6/2010 12:27:55 AM
STEVEN MOREHEAD United States
STEVEN MOREHEAD
I JUST RECENTLY STARTED LISTENING TO KLOVE AGAIN AND BEFORE THERE WAS A MAN AND HIS WIFE THAT HOSTED THE MORNING SHOW. I BELIEVE THEIR NAMES WERE JIM AND SHERRY AND THEY ADOPTED A BABY GIRL FROM CHINA OR JAPAN OR SOMEWHRE LIKE THAT.  I BELIEVE THEY ALSO HOSTED THEIR SHOW FROM THEIR HOME/RANCH.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?  ARE THEY STILL ASSOCIATED WITH KLOVE?
6/6/2010 10:11:05 AM
Stacy United States
Stacy
I am amazed at the way God works. I went to Thailand 10 years ago on a Prayer Walk. I live in the middle of the Texas Panhandle far away from any refugee intake centers. 2 1/2 years ago I got my first student from Burma who had lived in a refugee camp in Thailand. Only God could have arranged for me to go literally half way around the world so that I would have a very small  understanding of where my students come from.
12/14/2010 7:45:18 AM
Gene Roy United States
Gene Roy
Please remember the Free Burma Rangers who risk their lives inside the country of Burma to bring help, hope and the love of Christ to these people.